U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Companies that hire Illegals should be punished to the full extent of the law. They know darn well what they are doing and they are doing it for their own financial gains. They are also ripping off these people and using them as virtual slaves.
I agree with this statement, however when you see this many companies using illegal labor some of it has to be attributed to shortage of labor.

I mean there are a lot of companies relying on/using illegals.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:12 PM

5,115 posts, read 10,030,617 times
then they need to find a way to get more workers into the country in a LEGAL way. I don't think that there are no workers, maybe there aren't any for these ridiculously low wages and everything that goes with it? Who can live of $6 an hour in this country?

It's all about corporate GREED.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:13 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,585 times
Thanks for the list Mach50Thunderdart! I will keep it in my car so I will know which stores to not shop at. I want it to get very expensive to hire illegals.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
then they need to find a way to get more workers into the country in a LEGAL way. I don't think that there are no workers, maybe there aren't any for these ridiculously low wages and everything that goes with it? Who can live of $6 an hour in this country?

It's all about corporate GREED.
I think that is what amnesty was trying to do, fix the problem. However nobody will allow it.

I don't think it is 100% attributed to greed.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I agree with this statement, however when you see this many companies using illegal labor some of it has to be attributed to shortage of labor.

I mean there are a lot of companies relying on/using illegals.
I think the reason is so they can make a shortage on wages, not labor. There was a raid on a plant in one state and the next day there were hundreds of AMERICAN citizens lined up for the jobs.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Thanks for the list Mach50Thunderdart! I will keep it in my car so I will know which stores to not shop at. I want it to get very expensive to hire illegals.
No problemo chica de la ciudad...

However, there are many more companies than that, it is almost "ingrained" in our society...but that is up to opinion.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:22 PM

...and it is up to us to fight as hard as possible to get rid of the illegals in this country.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:24 PM

5,115 posts, read 10,030,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I think that is what amnesty was trying to do, fix the problem. However nobody will allow it.

I don't think it is 100% attributed to greed.

We will just have to disagree about that one.

If McDonalds, Walmart etc. paid their employees more, instead of the stockholders making $$$$ and their CEO's making outrageous sums of money, then they could gets lots of legal residents/citizens to apply for those jobs. Plenty of unskilled workers would work in these jobs, IMO, if it paid enough to afford the very necessities. On the other hand if it pays only as much as it does staying at home on Welfare, why bother?
I recently saw a great documentary on low wage workers in this country. There was a young woman with 3 or 4 children (forgot how many) and she was on welfare. When she found a job and got OFF welfare, she actually failed to qualify for some aid she received before, so by working she had less money than she did on Welfare. She had to get back on Welfare, finish a college degree and after years finally managed to get on her feet.

Corporate America is only about the $$$ - naturally. If hiring illegal aliens gives them a bigger profit, they'll go for it.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:25 PM

185 posts, read 319,401 times
I haven't set foot in Walmart for about eight years. First it was because of driving the mom and pop stores out of business, adding to that 80% of the merchandise is cheap Chinese crap which finances their war machine, lastly is the blatant hispandering. Truly an evil corporation!

I have two sisters that love that place, they don't have much money and are like kids in a candy store. Try as I might I still haven't convinced them to stop going there. The shopping gene that girls are born with is a mighty force!

Old 09-21-2007, 02:02 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times
100% GREED. Thats what drives the businesses not passing on the low cost, but pocketing the profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or