U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:19 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,158,471 times

Advertisements

I personally don't shop at Walmart unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary (i.e. needed a rolling book bag for daughter and Academy; Target were sold out). Needless to say after coming out with my ONE item, I had a tremendous headache. The place was crowded, not enough registers open, chaos in the aisles, etc. etc. I vowed NEVER AGAIN!

To reply to another persons' post about not having enough labor force - I am soooo sick of hearing that sh*t. That's some political brainwashing going on to push the agenda of amnesty for illegals. As someone else stated, pay fair wages, and the American people WILL work. Corporate America has gotten used to increased profits from employing illegal labors-CHEAPLY and Americans are not going to go for it, hence the statement "illegals are doing the jobs that Americans won't do"

An illegal can afford to work for $6.00 per hour, why.....first off 9 out of 10 times he/she is working "under the table" which means that he/she is NOT paying federal income tax, state tax (depending on what state you live in), medicare tax, social security. Or on the other hand they are receiving a check utilizing a stolen ssn# (which is a whole different post) and claiming 7-10 dependents (thereby not paying any federal income tax).

They live in a house with 12 other illegals and/or legal family members (4-5 being adults), so the rent and/or mortgage is divided 4-5 ways.

3 of the household adults are receiving food stamps and medicaid for the children born in the US, therefore no paycheck has to be used to feed the family, nor is health insurance being paid for.

They have so much cash flow free that they can afford to go out and buy fancy automobiles without insurance; they can afford to send money back to Mexico to help feed their families living there; they can afford to pay for a smuggler to bring more of them over here!!!

An American on the other hand - does not share living accommodations with 12 people, because that is not what he/she is used to, nor should he be subjected to that. His SSN# is one that was given at birth - therefore he can't run nor hide from it and WILL be held accountable by the IRS should he try to avoid paying taxes or filing his return each year. Americans are screwed, plain and simple and they have the audacity to say that Americans are lazy and that Americans won't do the jobs that they do what a crock of sh*t!

Old 11-25-2007, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,146 times
You People Who Are Boycotting Walmart Because They Hire Illegals Are Ridiculous. Why Dont You Find A Better Cause To Devote Your Time To? Did You Boycott The Home Builder To Built The House You Live In? Chances Are There Were Some Illegals Building Your House. Had It Not Been For That, You Likely Would Have Paid A Whole Hell Of A Lot More For Your House. If We Had No Illegals Working Building Our Houses, Working In Our Restaurant Kitchens, Doing Our Landscaping, Everything Would Cost Much More Than It Does. Your Opposition To Hiring Illegals Is Based Purely On Hatred. I Am Caucasian And I Enjoy Diversity And If I See Signs In Spanish At Walmart, I Am Not Impacted By It Whatsoever. I Concentrate On Family, Compassion And Being A Decent Person And Teaching My Children The Same.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:32 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
Walmart is really getting on my nerves lately. Not only do I really despise their big box business mentality of running local mom & pop businesses OUT of business, but they cater to Illegal Immigrants, and EMPLOY them as well.

When you go in Walmart in Texas, almost everything is labeled in English and Spanish right underneath. It used to be they had an aisle just for Mexican food in the Superstores, but now the whole store is getting flooded with spanish signs.

I refuse to buy anything from Walmart now. My wife doesn't get it, she has always loved Walmart, but there is a point I will not go beyond, and Walmart has pushed enough of my buttons to call an ALL STOP on doing business with them.

I hope all American Citizens will boycott Walmart.

How are they catering to them? Low prices? Thats nationwide buddy. A lot of families depend on Wal-mart and its low pricing. Me personally, I've only been to Wal-mart 5 times in like 10 years. I haven't been there in over two years.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:11 PM

273 posts, read 178,380 times
Every time I go to Walmart there are many, many hispanic speaking people...at least one always has a child crying loudly for attention which goes ignored by the parent.
What's up with that?

Old 11-25-2007, 10:19 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,974,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andeQ View Post
You People Who Are Boycotting Walmart Because They Hire Illegals Are Ridiculous. Why Dont You Find A Better Cause To Devote Your Time To? Did You Boycott The Home Builder To Built The House You Live In? Chances Are There Were Some Illegals Building Your House. Had It Not Been For That, You Likely Would Have Paid A Whole Hell Of A Lot More For Your House. If We Had No Illegals Working Building Our Houses, Working In Our Restaurant Kitchens, Doing Our Landscaping, Everything Would Cost Much More Than It Does. Your Opposition To Hiring Illegals Is Based Purely On Hatred. I Am Caucasian And I Enjoy Diversity And If I See Signs In Spanish At Walmart, I Am Not Impacted By It Whatsoever. I Concentrate On Family, Compassion And Being A Decent Person And Teaching My Children The Same.
Sounds like you're in favor of indentured servitude to me...y'know, as long as it results in lower prices for YOU. That's a pretty indefensible position.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:53 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Illegals or not; I avoid Wal-Mart for the most part.

Basically; I treat 'em as a modern day 'Woolworths' for things like wrapping paper, towels, etc. and that pretty much sums it up.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:55 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andeQ View Post
Let me put it this way:

I would gladly pay more for the above if done by Americans or at least green card holders----------knowingly hiring illegals is tantamount to treason.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,141 times
Target in St.Cloud banned the santa bell ringers trying to raise money for charities due to a couple of complaints. I won't buy from Target because of that. People are selfish.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:54 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
My experience(s) with WalMart (SuperCenter) is a very large, clean and well laid out store. Friendly and helpful staff. Most, not all, of the products I looked at were well priced. Packaged goods in the grocery were very good - and again, well priced. Was not that happy with the cut meats or produce though - I don't like the "blown up" meat packages.

We will, and have, go back

Old 11-26-2007, 12:01 PM

3,081 posts, read 6,603,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Illegals or not; I avoid Wal-Mart for the most part.

Basically; I treat 'em as a modern day 'Woolworths' for things like wrapping paper, towels, etc. and that pretty much sums it up.
I wonder how long it will be until Wal-Mart suffers the same fate Woolworth has?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or