U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 12:07 PM

3,698 posts, read 9,983,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeQ View Post
You People Who Are Boycotting Walmart Because They Hire Illegals Are Ridiculous. Why Dont You Find A Better Cause To Devote Your Time To? Did You Boycott The Home Builder To Built The House You Live In? Chances Are There Were Some Illegals Building Your House. Had It Not Been For That, You Likely Would Have Paid A Whole Hell Of A Lot More For Your House. If We Had No Illegals Working Building Our Houses, Working In Our Restaurant Kitchens, Doing Our Landscaping, Everything Would Cost Much More Than It Does. Your Opposition To Hiring Illegals Is Based Purely On Hatred. I Am Caucasian And I Enjoy Diversity And If I See Signs In Spanish At Walmart, I Am Not Impacted By It Whatsoever. I Concentrate On Family, Compassion And Being A Decent Person And Teaching My Children The Same.
I think I'll support the cause to end unnecessary capitalization.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:08 PM

3,858 posts, read 8,052,117 times
I'll be honest, I'm even more concerned with the fact that Wal-Mart is basically selling our country to Red China...all under the guise that it's a flag wavin', patriotic American company started by a good 'ol boy. Sam Walton is a traitor as far as I'm concerned. Someone also made the point that their low prices help a lot of low income folks out-yea-til their kid needs to be rushed the emergency room from chewing on a Chinese toy full of lead! Wal-Mart ought to paint their trucks up with the commie Chinese flag for truth in advertising...

Old 11-26-2007, 12:13 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
I'll be honest, I'm even more concerned with the fact that Wal-Mart is basically selling our country to Red China...all under the guise that it's a flag wavin', patriotic American company started by a good 'ol boy. Sam Walton is a traitor as far as I'm concerned. Someone also made the point that their low prices help a lot of low income folks out-yea-til their kid needs to be rushed the emergency room from chewing on a Chinese toy full of lead! Wal-Mart ought to paint their trucks up with the commie Chinese flag for truth in advertising...
Think about this for a moment: Those SAME toys you are complaining about are on the shelves of Target, K-Mart, Sears, Toys R Us etc.

How about the Black and Decker tools you buy? Or the Procter and Gamble products you buy? Or, the Dell computers or the Sony TV?

These are all at WalMart too

Old 11-26-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Think about this for a moment: Those SAME toys you are complaining about are on the shelves of Target, K-Mart, Sears, Toys R Us etc.

How about the Black and Decker tools you buy? Or the Procter and Gamble products you buy? Or, the Dell computers or the Sony TV?

These are all at WalMart too
I never said they weren't. In today's market its impossible to not buy Chinese made goods, but buyers can do a small amount of research and/or pay a little more and buy American. I just don't like the fact that Wal-Mart does what they do all while promoting this image of "Americana." Hey at least Target's signature color is red! lol

Old 11-26-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
I never said they weren't. In today's market its impossible to not buy Chinese made goods, but buyers can do a small amount of research and/or pay a little more and buy American. I just don't like the fact that Wal-Mart does what they do all while promoting this image of "Americana." Hey at least Target's signature color is red! lol
Yet, you called Walton a traitor for buying from the Chinese

To be fair, you should then call every CEO, of every company who buys from the Chinese, a traitor.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
I needed a new area rug so I did my homework and found one made in the USA.

I bought it at Target. YAY Target! I should write their corporate headquarters a letter and tell them the reason they got my business is SOLELY due to the fact that the carpet was made in this country. It wasn't my favorite of all the carpets I looked at at all the shops I visited, but this one was made in this country. If I'm going to gripe about the death of American manufacturing, I should really practice what I preach and buy American when possible.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:20 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post

I bought it at Target. YAY Target! I should write their corporate headquarters a letter and tell them the reason they got my business is SOLELY due to the fact that the carpet was made in this country. It wasn't my favorite of all the carpets I looked at at all the shops I visited, but this one was made in this country. If I'm going to gripe about the death of American manufacturing, I should really practice what I preach and buy American when possible.
Good for you! doing this also; including writing the letter to the company. We all need to do this. There is also a website that lists the companies who hire illegals.
WeHireAliens.com--Illegal Alien Employer Database brought to you by the FIRE Coalition

Last edited by Jess5; 11-26-2007 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: to add something

Old 11-26-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post

Good for you - you are to be congratulated

Old 11-26-2007, 02:18 PM

Found this in another thread:

How Americans Can Buy American

Old 12-22-2007, 06:23 AM

2 posts, read 5,725 times
Exclamation Wally world

I was in Denver and voted no on the gay rights issue ,next to it was the second language issue,Spanish .That was votd down also. the gays boycotted Denver the Spanish was put on the boxes,along with French.
I think you should go to California ,then you can see what you're home will look like in ten years if it moves slow.
Get over the petty discriminations and move on.The bus is not going to stop because you refuse to ride!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or