U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,667 times

Advertisements

I am curious from who did you hear the Dale Tadlock Roofing hires aliens? If you cannot support this aligation this could be considered slander if it is not true. i had looked into doing business with them but i dont want to work with illegals. Where did you find this?

Old 06-01-2009, 05:25 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,013,914 times
Basically illegals are the majority of roofers in my area and they do a very good job and work quickly.As long as they are here your really not going to do nay good because even mom and pop stores hire them because they want to work while so many here want to report to work and not work.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:02 PM

46 posts, read 54,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I for one am not against immigration at all, heck, I am not an american citizen (but my husband is), but I am here LEGALLY with a GREEN CARD. People should come here legally and they should have to play by the rules, meaning pay into the system but also be entitled to use the system.

I am a born U.S. citizen, and I despise the attitude of the losers that post in here, they are just a bunch of intolerant retro-grade people, the fact is that most immigrant to this country from europe came without any papers, it is just a convinient position to ask for all kinds of paper. I don't have any problems with the immigrant workers, they are usually more decent than most people here anyway, .....

Old 06-01-2009, 06:43 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
I am a born U.S. citizen, and I despise the attitude of the losers that post in here, they are just a bunch of intolerant retro-grade people, the fact is that most immigrant to this country from europe came without any papers, it is just a convinient position to ask for all kinds of paper. I don't have any problems with the immigrant workers, they are usually more decent than most people here anyway, .....
Remember: the true losers are illegal aliens-----------even Mexico, etc. evidently does not want them.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:07 PM

435 posts, read 536,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andeQ View Post
You People Who Are Boycotting Walmart Because They Hire Illegals Are Ridiculous. Why Dont You Find A Better Cause To Devote Your Time To? Did You Boycott The Home Builder To Built The House You Live In? Chances Are There Were Some Illegals Building Your House. Had It Not Been For That, You Likely Would Have Paid A Whole Hell Of A Lot More For Your House. If We Had No Illegals Working Building Our Houses, Working In Our Restaurant Kitchens, Doing Our Landscaping, Everything Would Cost Much More Than It Does. Your Opposition To Hiring Illegals Is Based Purely On Hatred. I Am Caucasian And I Enjoy Diversity And If I See Signs In Spanish At Walmart, I Am Not Impacted By It Whatsoever. I Concentrate On Family, Compassion And Being A Decent Person And Teaching My Children The Same.
Amen!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 11:18 PM

3,730 posts, read 5,089,357 times
Default Support fading.

For many years have been pro Walmart and consider them to be an American success story.However,that attitude is eroding.My major complaint against Walmart is what I sarcasticly call the "Mojadofication" of their stores.Signs in Spanish under English,announcements over the pa in Spanish,most cashiers now speak Spanish,and so on.In other words,Walmart has gone after the illegal market in a big way,and have been successful,although at the same time they are alienating their American base customers.The Walmarts I shop are not nearly as neat,clean,and well stocked as they were just four or five years ago.The illegals,when they shop,tend to be extremely messy.They will often pick up an item,rip open the packageing,look it over,and then drop it anywhere when they decide they dont want it.Todays Walmart looks like Kmart used to look a few years ago.Kmart is much better today since Sears acquired it,but it too is heavily patronized by illegals.Target is looking better these days,and perhaps that yearly fee at Costco is worth the money.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:05 AM

25 posts, read 27,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
For many years have been pro Walmart and consider them to be an American success story.However,that attitude is eroding.My major complaint against Walmart is what I sarcasticly call the "Mojadofication" of their stores.Signs in Spanish under English,announcements over the pa in Spanish,most cashiers now speak Spanish,and so on.In other words,Walmart has gone after the illegal market in a big way,and have been successful,although at the same time they are alienating their American base customers.The Walmarts I shop are not nearly as neat,clean,and well stocked as they were just four or five years ago.The illegals,when they shop,tend to be extremely messy.They will often pick up an item,rip open the packageing,look it over,and then drop it anywhere when they decide they dont want it.Todays Walmart looks like Kmart used to look a few years ago.Kmart is much better today since Sears acquired it,but it too is heavily patronized by illegals.Target is looking better these days,and perhaps that yearly fee at Costco is worth the money.
Costco IS worth the money, and has a fine reputation as an employer. Target also caters to Spanish-speaking customers (all of its signs are in English and Spanish), and while it is irritating since English is the official language of California, the stores are kept up and they carry quality items at good prices (and donate money to the local communities). The only Wal-Mart I've ever seen (from the outside) is junky and has a filty parking lot (debris everywhere, baskets left in the aisles, etc.). Wal-Mart's employee benefits practices cost the state $80 million in uninsured employees using hospital ERs.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:50 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
The Wal-Mart near me is called "Wal-Martinez" by the locals. It does not have signs in Spanish but stocks shelves with Spanish labels on boxes facing out. Most of the cashiers and employees there seem to be young Americans, mainly black and white, though they do have a high percentage of Africans working there too. They seem to be mostly from places like Ethiopia, Somalia, etc. judging by their accents and appearance. Their English is mostly OK.

When I do go to Wal-Mart I usually go to the "luxury" Super Wal-Mart in Plano (suburb of Dallas). It is not that far away and the store is clean, organized, well-stocked, and the employees are polite and helpful. (For people in DFW that is the green Super Wal-Mart at Park & Dallas North Tollway. It is the nicest Wal-Mart I have ever seen.) It is also laid out better than most Wal-Marts, they put the pet and beauty supplies next to the grocery section. It's very convenient if you are going there for cat food, frozen vegetables, and mousse, which is mostly what I buy at Wal-Mart. It is also cheaper than Target. I love Target but I think it is getting too big for its britches, their food prices are sometimes higher than the supermarkets!

Wal-Mart has definitely started to modify its stores to reflect the local demographics. If you shop in a Wal-Mart in a heavily Hispanic area it will cater to Hispanics. If you shop in a Wal-Mart in a white middle to upper middle class area, it caters to those affluent whites. There is supposed to be a Wal-Mart in another Dallas suburb, Garland I think, that caters almost exclusively to Latinos, I think that one is the real "Wal-Martinez"!!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:17 AM

804 posts, read 1,174,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
The Wal-Mart near me is called "Wal-Martinez" by the locals. It does not have signs in Spanish but stocks shelves with Spanish labels on boxes facing out. Most of the cashiers and employees there seem to be young Americans, mainly black and white, though they do have a high percentage of Africans working there too. They seem to be mostly from places like Ethiopia, Somalia, etc. judging by their accents and appearance. Their English is mostly OK.

When I do go to Wal-Mart I usually go to the "luxury" Super Wal-Mart in Plano (suburb of Dallas). It is not that far away and the store is clean, organized, well-stocked, and the employees are polite and helpful. (For people in DFW that is the green Super Wal-Mart at Park & Dallas North Tollway. It is the nicest Wal-Mart I have ever seen.) It is also laid out better than most Wal-Marts, they put the pet and beauty supplies next to the grocery section. It's very convenient if you are going there for cat food, frozen vegetables, and mousse, which is mostly what I buy at Wal-Mart. It is also cheaper than Target. I love Target but I think it is getting too big for its britches, their food prices are sometimes higher than the supermarkets!

Wal-Mart has definitely started to modify its stores to reflect the local demographics. If you shop in a Wal-Mart in a heavily Hispanic area it will cater to Hispanics. If you shop in a Wal-Mart in a white middle to upper middle class area, it caters to those affluent whites. There is supposed to be a Wal-Mart in another Dallas suburb, Garland I think, that caters almost exclusively to Latinos, I think that one is the real "Wal-Martinez"!!!!
BigDgeek,

This makes a lot of sense though, to cater to the people who are most likely to be your customer. I think it's good business and that more and more companies are doing so.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:22 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyY View Post
Costco IS worth the money, and has a fine reputation as an employer. Target also caters to Spanish-speaking customers (all of its signs are in English and Spanish), and while it is irritating since English is the official language of California, the stores are kept up and they carry quality items at good prices (and donate money to the local communities). The only Wal-Mart I've ever seen (from the outside) is junky and has a filty parking lot (debris everywhere, baskets left in the aisles, etc.). Wal-Mart's employee benefits practices cost the state $80 million in uninsured employees using hospital ERs.
I loooooove Costco (but my wallet hates it )-----------Wal-Mart; I shop there maybe 3-4 times a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or