U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 09:23 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Boycotting Walmart...Why just walmart, why not any business that has a door? How is a business owner going to know if a person is legal or not...more over its not his business.

The boycotting of Home Ddepot, Bank of America and other companies by Anti-illegal alien groups is ridiculous.

more over if an American Company wants to print English and any other language on their product, its none of your business...If you dont like it, dont buy the product. If that owner wants to sell his product in another country, there is no law which says he needs your permission. Keep you nose out of other peoples business is good business.
If a company is doing something flagrantly unethical: it is my right to 'poke my nose into their business'----------otherwise the lawbreakers will only be enboldened. The light of truth tends to keep miscreants 'quiet', shall we say.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:29 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If a company is doing something flagrantly unethical: it is my right to 'poke my nose into their business'----------otherwise the lawbreakers will only be enboldened. The light of truth tends to keep miscreants 'quiet', shall we say.
It's just a silly thing to boycott a company on such grounds (only the basis of hiring illegal immigrants). Yet, you probably wouldn't boycott a company whose practices are unsafe and unfair abroad.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:28 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Apparently illegal aliens and other “Hispanics” are planning to boycott Walmart unless they publicly support amnesty. If they have legitimate complaints, they should focus on those exclusively.

Quote:
ATLANTA – The Georgia Latino Alliance for Human Rights will lead a boycott of Walmart to call for the world’s biggest retailer to adopt a favorable position vis-a-vis immigration reform.

“The aim of this initiative is to send a signal, give a wake-up call to Walmart, which, with its huge number of Latino customers, also has a moral obligation – and with the enormous influence that it has – to support (immigration) reform,” GLAHR’s Teodoro Maus told Efe.

“A Month Without Wal-Mart,” which is slated to begin on March 20, seeks to send a message of “lack of conformity” regarding such a pro-immigration-reform stance and the firm’s behavior toward the Hispanic community, GLAHR says.
Latin American Herald Tribune - Group Wants Walmart to Back Immigration Reform

Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 AM

264 posts, read 390,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Well said. We've already allowed multi-national corporations to hold entirely too much influence over our political process. There's certainly no reason to let these morally equivocating Open Borders advocates dictate when and when not we Americans are allowed stand up for our right to have our laws enforced.

Last edited by Econolodge-911; 03-10-2010 at 11:02 AM..

Old 03-10-2010, 12:43 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Apparently illegal aliens and other “Hispanics” are planning to boycott Walmart unless they publicly support amnesty. If they have legitimate complaints, they should focus on those exclusively.

I agree...Walmart has about as much to say on US Immigration Policy as does ExxonMoblie or Toyota...nothing.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:06 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Their anti-American demands and arrogance knows no bounds, does it?

Old 03-16-2010, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
our country is the most generous in the world to the poor in foreign countries and we also have the most generous immigration policies. What do you want...a pint of blood to? We have limits on legal immigration for all the right reasons. We can't take in the whole world's poor and needy and you know that. Everyone in this country who has a right to be here is treated equally so what are you talking about? It is selfish to care about one's own country and the welfare of their own families first?

Too bad there are americans that are so selfish that they put greed aka cheap illegal labor or they put their ethnicity above the best interests of this country. Too bad that mexico doesn't care enough about its citizens to provide a good economy for them. Too bad that some people use the race card in the illegal immigration issue where it doesn't belong.

good economy?? Im surprised you would even mention that. You talk as if the u.s. Has a good economy. If they would give an immigration reform, the government would benifit from it so the u.s. Economy would actully get better then whats left of it now. But then again leave it the way it is. At least my uncle doesnt have to pay taxes hahaha

Old 03-16-2010, 12:05 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicano13 View Post
good economy?? Im surprised you would even mention that. You talk as if the u.s. Has a good economy. If they would give an immigration reform, the government would benifit from it so the u.s. Economy would actully get better then whats left of it now. But then again leave it the way it is. At least my uncle doesnt have to pay taxes hahaha
Most of these illegals don't make enough to pay in enough taxes to cover their social costs even by legalizing them. They would still be a net negative to our economy.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:07 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicano13 View Post
Are you sure you did not mean Mexico while discussing the USA? The former nation is the one facing collapse due in large part to the narcos running legit businesses out of Juaraz, etc.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:58 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I agree...Walmart has about as much to say on US Immigration Policy as does ExxonMoblie or Toyota...nothing.
Or the "Church".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or