U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:35 PM

92 posts, read 38,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
That 'future' will be deportation by the overwhelming of the American people.

And since when does giving them a license mean they'll buy insurance? As it is, my mexican neighbors don't even register their cars...they just switch the plates fromone to the other.
you cant buy insurance without a license. and also, there are citizens who dont register their cars. why only bring up the nationality of your neighbors? seems like a racist jab with no real point being made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 09:42 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7h3.6h057 View Post
if we should all be spending our future in our own country, then we should give the land back to the native americans and all go back to our countries of origin. want to argue that you were born here so its your country? i guess you support amnesty for the babies born here to "illegals"... logically speaking. but i dont think you speak that language.
Obviously you have no good argument why illegal immigrants should be here and can only draw on the past in which no one is alive that cares or feels it is of any relevance whatsoever.

Maybe you should go on the world forum and argue how Spaniards came to Mexico and took over the native Mexicans.

No I do not support anchor babies and am activily working against that outrage also.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Obviously you have no good argument why illegal immigrants should be here and can only draw on the past in which no one is alive that cares or feels it is of any relevance whatsoever.
you want my argument: america is supposed to be the melting pot of cultures. our foreign policies contribute to the poverty of our neighbors, among other countries, which leads them to seek work stateside. if we contribute to their poverty, it is only right to allow them to right it. and to say that my arguments concerning the past are irrelevant to everyone is just ignorant. many people care, and your assertions otherwise are completely unsubstantiated. so ive presented my argument.. now you tell me your "good argument" for why they shouldnt be here.. besides "we're here now"..
Quote:
Maybe you should go on the world forum and argue how Spaniards came to Mexico and took over the native Mexicans.
i would, but it doesnt concern me as much as the issues going on in my own backyard. maybe you should go to some native american forums and argue how modern "americans" came here and took them over.
Quote:
No I do not support anchor babies and am activily working against that outrage also.
you are an anchor baby...

Old 09-21-2007, 09:52 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,345,692 times
Quote:
why not educate and pay all people? the "illegals" can turn into even more productive members of society. i mean, theyre here, so why not work with that?
Because they are not supposed to be here. It's a simple concept, really. Maybe what we should do is CUT OFF ALL LEGAL IMMIGRATION. That way we can do without all the SKILLED labor, IT, Doctors, etc. How about we just "educate and pay" all of the low skilled uneducated ILLEGAL aliens instead of importing productive immigrants?

Old 09-21-2007, 09:57 PM

273 posts, read 178,234 times
Quote:
why only bring up the nationality of your neighbors? seems like a racist jab with no real point being made.
Sorry, not racist. 'Mexican' is a nationality like you said, not a race. It does sound prejudicial, though. Anyway, the point is having a license doesn't mean someone will buy insurance...even if it is the law.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Because they are not supposed to be here.
neither were we.
Quote:
It's a simple concept, really. Maybe what we should do is CUT OFF ALL LEGAL IMMIGRATION.
brilliant. then all the immigrants that still come over here will be illegal. youve just created a new class of criminal. brilliant....
Quote:
That way we can do without all the SKILLED labor, IT, Doctors, etc. How about we just "educate and pay" all of the low skilled uneducated ILLEGAL aliens instead of importing productive immigrants?
they'll all be "illegal", regardless of their skillset. to imply that all "illegal" immigrants are unskilled is also very biased. who do you think does a huge chunk of construction work stateside?

Old 09-21-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
they'll all be "illegal", regardless of their skillset. to imply that all "illegal" immigrants are unskilled is also very biased. who do you think does a huge chunk of construction work stateside?
Any job that doesn't require an education is one which utilizies 'unskilled labor'....so 'road crew' doesn't qualify. Neither does fruit picker or meat packer. I suspect the ease with which we've allowed illegals into the US is part of an economic plan for cheap, disposable labor. That is why amnesty will never be given to illegal aliens.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:10 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,345,692 times
Quote:
neither were we.
Tiresome argument yet again. Guess you could say History is a learning tool. If you don't know history, it's bound to repeat itself. I don't care to lose MY country like the natives did.
Quote:
brilliant. then all the immigrants that still come over here will be illegal. youve just created a new class of criminal. brilliant....
ummmmmmmmmmm take a look around. There is already a "new' class of criminal, guess that means I can't create it? Besides, this was YOUR plan "to educate and pay" them all.

Quote:
Unskilled laborers.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
Any job that doesn't require an education is one which utilizies 'unskilled labor'....so 'road crew' doesn't qualify. Neither does fruit picker or meat packer. I suspect the ease with which we've allowed illegals into the US is part of an economic plan for cheap, disposable labor. That is why amnesty will never be given to illegal aliens.
we've been using mexican labor for over a century. we need unskilled labor as much as we need skilled labor. but guess what? our education system isnt immigrant-friendly, especially when you dont get here young enough. theyve taken what weve given them, and turned themselves into a commodity, in the face of blatant prejudice. cheers to them.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:59 PM

How do you define 'blatant prejudice' ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or