U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:04 PM

92 posts, read 38,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Tiresome argument yet again. Guess you could say History is a learning tool. If you don't know history, it's bound to repeat itself. I don't care to lose MY country like the natives did.
youre ok with enjoying the privilege of a country that was stolen, yet when another group tries to do the same, you're opposed? HYPOCRITE!!!
Quote:
ummmmmmmmmmm take a look around. There is already a "new' class of criminal, guess that means I can't create it?
ok, its already been created by people with your like mindset. happy now?
Quote:
Besides, this was YOUR plan "to educate and pay" them all.
which would make them productive, as opposed to criminals. sounds like a reasonable solution to me..
Quote:
Unskilled laborers.
electricians? plumbers? drywallers? no formal education, granted... but id love to see you do it. maybe youll realize how much skill is truly involved, dictionary definitions aside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 11:16 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,347,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7h3.6h057 View Post
youre ok with enjoying the privilege of a country that was stolen, yet when another group tries to do the same, you're opposed? HYPOCRITE!!! ok, its already been created by people with your like mindset. happy now? which would make them productive, as opposed to criminals. sounds like a reasonable solution to me..
electricians? plumbers? drywallers? no formal education, granted... but id love to see you do it. maybe youll realize how much skill is truly involved, dictionary definitions aside.
Of course I'm opposed to haveing MY country stolen! Good grief, you think I should just roll over and play dead? Let them steal all that we have worked to create?
Why should the United States pay to educate illegal aliens? How about we just go ahead and allow more skilled and educated IMMIGRANTS into the country. That still wouldn't help illegal aliens though, would it, and that seems to be your whole quest.

Actually, I CAN do plumbing, drywalling, framing, painting, and electrical (but I prefer not to do electrical), and fencing. I can operate a tractor, backhoe, trencher, and skid loader. It took about 10 minutes to learn each, and about an hour or so to become proficient.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:20 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,692,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7h3.6h057 View Post
neither were we. brilliant. then all the immigrants that still come over here will be illegal. youve just created a new class of criminal. brilliant....

they'll all be "illegal", regardless of their skillset. to imply that all "illegal" immigrants are unskilled is also very biased. who do you think does a huge chunk of construction work stateside?
Thank you for saying that they do construction work because all we hear from people like you is they do all the jobs we don't want.
Well i know plenty of young men who would do construction work and are legal!

Oh and since you continue to live in the past. should we allow adult men to marry 12, 13, 14 yr olds because they use to do that too.
You say you don't want to go to the world thread because you want to live in the now what is happening in your backyard.
Well, you are the one bringing up the past like it is even valid in todays society.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Of course I'm opposed to haveing MY country stolen! Good grief, you think I should just roll over and play dead? Let them steal all that we have worked to create?
Why should the United States pay to educate illegal aliens? How about we just go ahead and allow more skilled and educated IMMIGRANTS into the country. That still wouldn't help illegal aliens though, would it, and that seems to be your whole quest.

Actually, I CAN do plumbing, drywalling, framing, painting, and electrical (but I prefer not to do electrical), and fencing. I can operate a tractor, backhoe, trencher, and skid loader. It took about 10 minutes to learn each, and about an hour or so to become proficient.
Skidsters are fun!

Old 09-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Ok construction jobs, great example.

If you know Legal Americans and they enjoy Construction, if they cannot get the job over an illegal Mexican, who's fault is that?

Old 09-21-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Skidsters are fun!
Ha! No kidding

Old 09-21-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Ok construction jobs, great example.

If you know Legal Americans and they enjoy Construction, if they cannot get the job over an illegal Mexican, who's fault is that?
The illegal aliens fault, because they are not supposed to even be here!

Old 09-21-2007, 11:30 PM

Actually I too can drywall, some plumbing, electrical, have not framed in years, paint, operate a tractor with a backhoe, I have also laid carpet, tile, hang blinds, do landscaping, etc etc. and guess what I am a chick! Gee go figure! I agree 10 min to learn and 1 hr to be proficient. Also to do Electrical and Plumbing in someone else's home for money you have to have a license to pass inspection in most states.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Quote:
The illegal aliens fault, because they are not supposed to even be here!
But a US company will hire them, they are adding to the GDP once that happens.

Blame the companies.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:48 PM

92 posts, read 38,767 times
Quote:
Of course I'm opposed to haveing MY country stolen!
but you call it your country even though it was stolen from the natives. hypocrite..
Quote:
Good grief, you think I should just roll over and play dead? Let them steal all that we have worked to create?
you havent done any more work than many illegals. im advocating SHARING...
Quote:
if theyre not skilled when they immigrate, why not take steps to educate them? theyre here already. the least we can do is make sure theyre here on the most productive terms possible. it seems your beef lies with mexicans, not immigrants.
Quote:
10 mins to learn electrical work? 10 mins to learn plumbing? im calling BS. and even if everything you say is true, youre an exception to the rule. plus, you have to credit the actual nature of the work... the physical stamina and the necessary skill to do the work near perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or