U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-21-2007, 11:48 PM
 
Location: SW Kansas
1,787 posts, read 3,346,148 times
Reputation: 1401

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
But a US company will hire them, they are adding to the GDP once that happens.

Blame the companies.
I do blame the companies, as well as the illegal alien. If the illegal alien weren't here in the first place then the company would not be lured into breaking the law to hire cheap labor. If the company were not willing to break the law to hire the cheap labor then the illegal alien would not be here. You can't fix one problem without also fixing the other or the chicken and egg routine will continue. Bottom line for me is I'd rather get rid of the illegal alien taking jobs from Americans than get rid of companies that provide jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2007, 11:48 PM
 
273 posts, read 178,299 times
Reputation: 101
I think we should hold whoever is accountable according to the laws which were broken. A company who knowingly hired them and facilitated their stay, or in many cases the person who enters illegally or overstays their visa, and falsifies or steals an identity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2007, 11:54 PM
 
92 posts, read 38,731 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Thank you for saying that they do construction work because all we hear from people like you is they do all the jobs we don't want.
not all of them. i never made such a claim. id appreciate it if youd not use terminology such as "people like you".
Quote:
Well i know plenty of young men who would do construction work and are legal!
great
Quote:
Oh and since you continue to live in the past. should we allow adult men to marry 12, 13, 14 yr olds because they use to do that too.
not really. its ridiculous to compare the moral implications of age of sexual consent with the historical FACT that the united states was indeed sieged violently. our current laws need to reflect the lessons we learned from past mistakes.
Quote:
You say you don't want to go to the world thread because you want to live in the now what is happening in your backyard.
no, i just said im more concerned with the issues in my geographical vicinity. "living in the now" was not part of that.
Quote:
Well, you are the one bringing up the past like it is even valid in todays society.
the past is our most valuable learning tool. ignoring it is tantamount to dumbing ourselves down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2007, 11:58 PM
 
92 posts, read 38,731 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Actually I too can drywall, some plumbing, electrical, have not framed in years, paint, operate a tractor with a backhoe, I have also laid carpet, tile, hang blinds, do landscaping, etc etc. and guess what I am a chick! Gee go figure! I agree 10 min to learn and 1 hr to be proficient. Also to do Electrical and Plumbing in someone else's home for money you have to have a license to pass inspection in most states.
these claims are funny. my friend's dad is a master electrician, and he has said that every day he still learns something new. to say you can be proficient in 1 hour is laughable. and i myself was a professional plumber for 3 years. i was mentored by the 3rd ranking master plumber in our shop, and he even learned new things almost daily.

to compare DIY skillsets with those of construction level is like comparing little league baseball to major league baseball. but im sure anything you can say to demean the hard-working immigrant population, regardless of its validity, will be said.. because you are biased. and bias = ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2007, 12:01 AM
 
92 posts, read 38,731 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
I do blame the companies, as well as the illegal alien. If the illegal alien weren't here in the first place then the company would not be lured into breaking the law to hire cheap labor. If the company were not willing to break the law to hire the cheap labor then the illegal alien would not be here. You can't fix one problem without also fixing the other or the chicken and egg routine will continue. Bottom line for me is I'd rather get rid of the illegal alien taking jobs from Americans than get rid of companies that provide jobs.
so using your logic, if the united states hadnt sieged the land from the natives, the mexican immigrant population wouldnt be "illegal" and therefore wouldnt be a problem. you can even say, logically, if the US hadnt enacted legislation to benefit its own economy at the expense of the mexican working class, they wouldnt need to go stateside to find work that pays a decent wage. read a history book and exercise a little perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2007, 07:04 AM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Reputation: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7h3.6h057 View Post
why would they voluntarily sign up for driver's licenses if they weren't trying to be somewhat legit? just because some immigrants circumvent the lengthy (sometimes 10+ years) application process doesnt mean they dont want to live in america and abide by its laws.
Well if that's not a crock. "doesn't mean they don't want to live in america and abide by it's law" HELLO! They just entered the country ILLEGALLY!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2007, 07:14 AM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Reputation: 436
What a joke this thread has become. I won't even waste my breath with the people that don't get it. The point of this thread was not to debate the obvious ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL, there is nothing more that needs to be said on that subject. You can sling BS around until the cows come home, you haven't got a leg to stand on. The point is NY state is rewarding illegal aliens by issuing driver licenses to them which is practically aiding and abating the lawbreakers. Shame on NY! Government funding should be cut off to them. I hope the good people of NY go by the bus load to the capital to protest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2007, 12:44 PM
 
1,058 posts, read 3,116,025 times
Reputation: 225
I think this will push me to finally leave New York. Pataki had done the right thing by restricting licenses to only those people with proper identification. Now we have this liberal fascist scum bucket governor who just gives it all away. He is going to be worse than Mario Cuomo ever was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2007, 12:49 PM
 
1,058 posts, read 3,116,025 times
Reputation: 225
I think its time for a REVOLUTION.

Quote:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and institute new Government
- Thomas Jefferson, 1776.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2007, 03:48 PM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
Reputation: 382
I think it disgusting that the citizens cannot sue the government for using our tax dollars to support criminals and reward them with everything they are not entitled to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top