U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:48 PM

492 posts, read 576,342 times

Advertisements

WHAT a moron this Spitzer is these people will default on there insurance payments and have accidents.
No fault is going to go through the roof as they drive there sh*t boxes through th streets.
Spitzer needs a good old "tuneup"...what a POS !

Old 09-23-2007, 07:34 AM

90 posts, read 622,675 times
Personally I think this is a disgrace because it undermines federal law and legitimizes illegal activity. I'm not an anti immigrant person at all, but this issue has to be addressed by the federal government. Immigration has always been a federal issue and they should come to grips with this issue in Washington. If we need these workers then raise the # of legal immigrants allowed in. Most of them are good decent people, but this isn't the right way to go about things.

Also it renders our licenses useless as a form of ID now since just about anyone can masquerade as anyone now and get one.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:24 AM

2,547 posts, read 1,623,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
Oh my Dittohead friend.

Im so sorry youre slave to the backlash.
Unfortunately you're rooting for the team that mocks you behind closed doors at the Country Club.

As Ive said before....
What's the matter with Kansas? is whats the matter with L.I.

What's the Matter with Kansas? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regarding the NYC white flight of the 60s ...I blame Robert Moses.

Remember..as goes LI so goes the USA.

Are you better off now than you were 8 years ago?

Peace

C

PS
Greed ,left unchecked, is cancer.

Dittohead friend????

It would seem that you listen to WABC radio a lot more than I do. Too bad you don't seem to have a tolerance for different points of view(isn't that what a good liberal is supposed to do??). You just cannot stray from the party line. Blame Robert Moses??? That really is pathetic. R. Moses didn't turn Richmond Hill, Queens into Little India, or So. Ozone Pk. into Little Guyana, or so many U.S. cities into Little Mexicos'. Moses didn't craft this countries immigration policies. I've been honest enough to hold Bush accountable for his border failures; Nbres faulted Reagan for his amnesty. When will liberals like you ever be honest enough to hold YOUR politicians accountable for their actions( I think never). At least my team waits for the door to close to mock me. Your team will slap your face in full view of the nation and you'll turn around and say"Thank you sir(or Madam) may I have another.

LI may be your whole world, but I'm pretty sure that 90% of the country could'nt give a rats a*s about us.

I am much better off than I was 8 years ago. House worth over twice as much since 2000 and paid for, job secure and company doing well in a good economy(thanks to tax cuts for EVERYBODY), and not one single terror attack on US soil since 9/11(Don't think they have'nt tried...REAL HARD)

BTW, I pay my neighbors son to cut my lawn(he's legal!!!)

Dude, over 1100 posts since June?? Get the heck out of the house and breath some fresh air!!!

To quote Winston Churchill..." Anyone under 30 who isn"t a liberal has no heart. Anyone over 30 who isn't a conservative has no brain."

Just let it sink in for a few minutes.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:55 PM

254 posts, read 1,027,733 times
When I returned to NY from NC it took me over 3 weeks of CONSTANT work every day to get all the paperwork lined up to get my registration and liscense. At one point I had to have a birth cirtificate with a "raised embossed seal". I only had a copy all my life. By the time I got all my crap ready my insurance was not within that 45 or 60 days from issue. Keep in mind it was WELL inside the active 6 month period. Not good enough. Then get this... the were ready to hand over my new registration and ..... "oh looky here, you have a violation in NC from 15 yrs ago that was never settled." Well bull crap I could prove that it was but not good enough for them, it was still on their faulty computer system. NC wouldnt cooperate and neither would NY. I finally found a high up manager in the NY DMV and marched in to her office and said I was going to sit there until this was straightned out and if they didn like it they need to call the police and have them bodily remove me. Well, shoot-fire! after a little exchange she agreed to make some phone calls and sure enough," Mr. *** this was settled and even if it wasnt we can not hold this on your record after"... (i think 7 yrs). She tweeked her computer and told me to go get my registration the next day.
Now, lets give all the illeagels a free pass?????????????? When an honest man has to just about sign up for nerve medicine just to stay legal???????????

Old 09-23-2007, 02:11 PM

5,160 posts, read 6,609,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan11 View Post
Personally I think this is a disgrace because it undermines federal law and legitimizes illegal activity. I'm not an anti immigrant person at all, but this issue has to be addressed by the federal government. Immigration has always been a federal issue and they should come to grips with this issue in Washington. If we need these workers then raise the # of legal immigrants allowed in. Most of them are good decent people, but this isn't the right way to go about things.

Also it renders our licenses useless as a form of ID now since just about anyone can masquerade as anyone now and get one.
Yes, yesterday's NY Post claimed that with this new change, NYS Driver's Licenses will no longer be able to be used for ID to get on a plane or to go to any Federal sights. Ny'ers will need a passport to travel domestically on an airplane

Old 09-23-2007, 03:34 PM

492 posts, read 576,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Yes, yesterday's NY Post claimed that with this new change, NYS Driver's Licenses will no longer be able to be used for ID to get on a plane or to go to any Federal sights. Ny'ers will need a passport to travel domestically on an airplane
Yes passports are going to around $175 plus some "securiety departure and arrival tax"
The NY illegel class license (to be phased in 2 steps) will be good for clear (no passport, no tax) passage to Mexico, Dominica and Central America if its your home country on certain airlines.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:12 AM

7,731 posts, read 11,942,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
If you haven't done so click the link below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/22/ny...l?ref=nyregion

Our a-hole governor (Elliot Spitzer Dem.) is going to allow up to One-Million illegal aliens in the state of New York to get drivers licenses. Has he gone mad? I think so. I am outraged. He says it will lower insurance rates, what B@#$ S#$%!

I urge all of you to e-mail your state officials immediately about how you feel.

I just want to point out that if NY state is willing to give out drivers licenses to illegals than every illegal in the country will be heading here. Say good bye to a lot of Long Island. Expect Farmingville x 50.

I think this is what is going to push me off the Island ultimately.
Awful!

Quote:
lower insurance rates
I would rather pay more on insurance if it means no illegal immigrants.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,627 times
Gov. Spitzer and makes me sick, I regret voting for him. Everyone that I spoke to regarding illegal aliens agree that theere should be no amnisty and they all should be deported back to their homelands NOT given drivers licenses! I am sick of politicians who care more about the needs and demands of Corporate America and who will not listen to the desires of the people. We have to wake up America, before it is too late.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:00 PM

1,058 posts, read 3,115,744 times
Time to impeach NY Gov. Spitzer. This guy is out of control. I hope everyone in the country is watching what happens here because Hillary Clinton is backing Spitzer's plan to give illegals drivers licenses. This is just a taste of what is to come under President Hillary. Goodbye America.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:13 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,213,984 times
The thread was deservedly dormant. Reopening to discuss the election is pointless, go provide updates in the P&OC Forum if you wish to discuss your sentiments for the upcoming election.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or