U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 08:05 AM

537 posts, read 313,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaTexan View Post
Actually, I'm all of the above. I was just wondering if you were able to provide any links to sites that specified the positives of immigration.
There are many positives to LEGAL immigration. ILLEGAL immigration is a whole different piece of the cake and it happens to be people who misuse the word immigrant who show that they don't seem to understand the difference. Illegals are scum and criminals and nothing more. People who come here legally are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 09:21 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,905,396 times
It is true, ArizonaBear, hypocrisy is their M.O.

Tried to give rep point, but alas the system would not allow it.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:17 PM

7,139 posts, read 12,905,396 times
Am fairly sure in the near future alot of us will be "volunteering" along the border, if we can't get the idiots in DC to do our bidding. And, I am a true radical, being totally against ANY immigration at this time, until there is a SERIOUS effort to get the illegal ones out now.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:32 PM

2,541 posts, read 10,200,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
The reason being because they can make a lot more money working in the U.S rather than working in Mexico. Mexicans like being better than their neighbor. That is why you see Mexicans driving Hummers and Escalades here in the Bay Area. So its like keeping up with the Jones'. Thats how I view it.
Arent those the criminals that sell drugs and wind up in jail?

Or the wannabe gangster anchor babies who take all their mommy's hard earned money to buy the cars? And they do not even have jobs themselves

Old 10-27-2007, 03:05 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,164,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Arent those the criminals that sell drugs and wind up in jail?

Or the wannabe gangster anchor babies who take all their mommy's hard earned money to buy the cars? And they do not even have jobs themselves
Am I sensing jealously? The people who drive the hummers are the ones that work hard.. yet are stupid enough to buy them because they have no retirement. I have seen one, but he's legal. He works with illegals though and drives an 07' corvette. Pretty stupid, but ok.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:52 PM

17,286 posts, read 24,992,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Am I sensing jealously? The people who drive the hummers are the ones that work hard.. yet are stupid enough to buy them because they have no retirement. I have seen one, but he's legal. He works with illegals though and drives an 07' corvette. Pretty stupid, but ok.

If you have money to buy a hummer, after being here illegally, why don't they "go back home" and then apply the legal way?

And jealousy? Nobody should be jealous of tacky people. Hummers are tacky, and tacky people drive hummers. Unfortunately, money does NOT equal class or style!

Old 10-27-2007, 04:34 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,627,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
. Hummers are tacky, and tacky people drive hummers. Unfortunately, money does NOT equal class or style!
HOLD ON there just a minute.....Arnold Schwarzenegger is an immigrant....he talks funny....can't pronounce "California" or "Malibu".....but he's our governor, and he came by the High School here a couple of days ago to talk about wild fires....and he has (I believe) EIGHTEEN HUMMERS !

Are you calling Arnold "tacky"?.......

Old 10-27-2007, 05:27 PM

4,525 posts, read 8,612,934 times
The rich are leaving Mexico and building million dollar homes in Houston according to 11 News. The stickler: They come here LEGALLY because of an investor "loophole" in NAFTA. That just goes to show anybody that if you have money and/or connections, you can go anywhere in the world without being bothered by the immigration police that the "lower" classes are subject to. (At least they don't have to fly in to shop at The Galleria anymore.)

It's all about the money!

Old 10-27-2007, 08:09 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,395,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Hummers are tacky, and tacky people drive hummers.
Hummers are NOT tacky - especially those with the 50 cal gun turret on the top!

Old 10-27-2007, 08:11 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,496,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Why are they leaving Mexico exactly?

According to the Wiki, Mexico is an upper middle class country so surely these people are not dirt poor.
they kill union organizers there. so easier to come here than organize there.
low wages because no unions. we dont understand that yet but we will.
we are getting there. objective of management here is to make the wage system here like the one there.
stephen s
san diego ca
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or