Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 08:48 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

"Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigative teams that included specialized counterterror agents arrested almost 50 students, visa overstay violators and document fraudsters in separate visa enforcement actions announced by the agency on June....The 21 men and 19 women arrested in the TX/OK enforcement action were from 17 countries and included 15 Kenyans, one Saudi Arabian, one Yemeni and four Nigerians, as well as people from a number of African and Caribbean nations."

Separate visa fraud enforcement actions result in dozens of arrests in NJ, TX, OK | Government Security News

Maybe we should have a presidential election year more often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 10:24 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Yes, 40% of illegal aliens in this country are visa overstayers. We need a nationwide crackdown on them and to start tracking them better so the numbers don't get so high.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:03 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Obama is desperately trying to put a spotlight on anything but the economy which is still tanking. He is willing to to finally do the job the Federal Gov should have been doing for the last 3 years...enforce the laws on immigration. Yet, we see on the other hand the Obama administration putting pressure and threatening the Gov of Florida for purging the convicted felons off the voter registration rolls. So on one hand he offers a promise and on the other a threat.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:28 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Finally. I knew many Indian students who came on student visas...then got a two year work visa...and it just kept going. These folks need to go home. No more endless free ride.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:59 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Overstaying a visa is no excuse at all. When you take out a visa to travel to or work in another country, you know full well what the terms of that visa are. Just like Mexico allows us a 6 month stay on a tourist card (not to work however)-- you have zero excuse to disregard that limit.

The excuses have to end. If someone is here illegally, they should be deported. No ifs, ands or buts.

But but but -- I had 9 babies that I can't feed with out food stamps so I can't be deported!! But but but I had a tourist visa so I came legally but I found a great job so I'm just an overstay and cannot be deported!! But but but my parents brought me here illegally when I was 16 and now I'm 19 and I must be allowed to stay and be given a college education!!!

Old 06-08-2012, 01:55 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Obama is desperately trying to put a spotlight on anything but the economy which is still tanking. He is willing to to finally do the job the Federal Gov should have been doing for the last 3 years...enforce the laws on immigration. Yet, we see on the other hand the Obama administration putting pressure and threatening the Gov of Florida for purging the convicted felons off the voter registration rolls. So on one hand he offers a promise and on the other a threat.
Actually he's putting the spotlight on his "war on terrorism" and showing how well he's doing finding all those potential/possible terrorists. The people (all 50 of them) arrested were from countries on the terrorist list.

Illegals from Mexico and South American countries are on the "exception" list.

The Federal government should have been doing their job after the 1986 amnesty. If they had, the US wouldn't be in the shape it is today with illegals.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:37 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Actually he's putting the spotlight on his "war on terrorism" and showing how well he's doing finding all those potential/possible terrorists. The people (all 50 of them) arrested were from countries on the terrorist list.

Illegals from Mexico and South American countries are on the "exception" list.

The Federal government should have been doing their job after the 1986 amnesty. If they had, the US wouldn't be in the shape it is today with illegals.
If it wasn't for the upcoming election, Obama probably would be buying bus tickets for illegals to come to the USA. I don't think we can survive another 4 years of this clown.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
80% of human beings that come here on a visa never leave. but that is not the scary part. the scary part is only 46% of americans work FTE. makes sense that 2/3rds of expenditures are paid for with debt.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
80% of human beings that come here on a visa never leave. but that is not the scary part. the scary part is only 46% of americans work FTE. makes sense that 2/3rds of expenditures are paid for with debt.
That is very scary -- and immigration rates remain extremely high in spite of that low employment of Americans.

We should have taken care of our own American people before we decided to bring in the impoverished of every other nation and hand them jobs and college and of course every kind of welfare handout if they would give birth to babies they could never afford.

We had plenty of Americans who lacked jobs and income and opportunities. Instead the politicians threw them under the bus and went with their feel-good open borders which are really for the purpose of easy votes and dirt cheap labor for the corporations. Also there were some back room discussions during the NAFTA negotiations -- Salinas de Gortari came right out and said that Mexico had to get rid of 25 million campesinos for NAFTA purposes.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:55 AM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That is very scary -- and immigration rates remain extremely high in spite of that low employment of Americans.

We should have taken care of our own American people before we decided to bring in the impoverished of every other nation and hand them jobs and college and of course every kind of welfare handout if they would give birth to babies they could never afford.

We had plenty of Americans who lacked jobs and income and opportunities. Instead the politicians threw them under the bus and went with their feel-good open borders which are really for the purpose of easy votes and dirt cheap labor for the corporations. Also there were some back room discussions during the NAFTA negotiations -- Salinas de Gortari came right out and said that Mexico had to get rid of 25 million campesinos for NAFTA purposes.
NO. There is nothing wrong with immigration. (well, the system is a mess but immigration is okay.) An immigrant does not go onto welfare--they are REQUIRED to have a sponsor who will take care of them for five years if they can't support themselves.

We do take refugees who are in danger but I think that's okay too. We should be compassionate to others.

It's the people SNEAKING IN ILLEGALLY who are the problem and they have to go. We don't even know who they are--no papers, no background check, nothing. They DO end up on welfare and they clog up our schools with their kids and over burden the systems. They take jobs from Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration