Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 12:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,581,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
HR 5869 would give “conditional” nonimmigrant status to illegal alien minors up to the age of 19. They must have entered the U.S. before the age of 16, lived in this country for five years, graduated high school, and been accepted to college. The five-year conditional legal status puts them on the path to citizenship.
They keep trying, don't they?

If you disagree with this proposal, please contact your Representative. You can do it easily by using this page:

Californians for Population Stabilization - ALERT! Oppose the Republican Dream Act amnesty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 08:20 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,585,314 times
It never stops, does it ?

Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,637,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

If you disagree with this proposal, please contact your Representative. You can do it easily by using this page:

Californians for Population Stabilization - ALERT! Oppose the Republican Dream Act amnesty!
Why not call it the insanity act?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:45 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,130,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Somethings never die. Makes me want to puke.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:26 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,818,499 times
Oh look, a Republican sponsoring the DREAM Act in disguise. Color me surprised. So much for that only lefty liberals want them here

Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,273,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh look, a Republican sponsoring the DREAM Act in disguise. Color me surprised. So much for that only lefty liberals want them here
Overall however, it is the Democrats and Obama that want a blanket amnesty for all illegal aliens. Most Republicans don't want the Dream Act nor any amnesty.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:03 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,818,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Overall however, it is the Democrats and Obama that want a blanket amnesty for all illegal aliens. Most Republicans don't want the Dream Act nor any amnesty.
Are you kidding me? Bush hinted at wanting amnesty, even the GOP darling Ronald Reagan actually granted full amnesty before. Not even the Democrats have gone that far. The Republicans want them here just as much as the Dems do, why else do you think the GOP have only made half-assed attempts at the state level, and the national GOP has yet to get off their collective butts and do something about it? Watch, Romney isn't going to do a thing about illegal immigration, just like both Bushes and Reagan didn't do anything (except amnesty and hint at more amnesty), I guarantee you that. American companies, large and small, are addicted to cheap, tax-free labor and lobby the government to continue the gravy train

Old 06-13-2012, 09:51 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,273,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Are you kidding me? Bush hinted at wanting amnesty, even the GOP darling Ronald Reagan actually granted full amnesty before. Not even the Democrats have gone that far. The Republicans want them here just as much as the Dems do, why else do you think the GOP have only made half-assed attempts at the state level, and the national GOP has yet to get off their collective butts and do something about it? Watch, Romney isn't going to do a thing about illegal immigration, just like both Bushes and Reagan didn't do anything (except amnesty and hint at more amnesty), I guarantee you that. American companies, large and small, are addicted to cheap, tax-free labor and lobby the government to continue the gravy train
I said MOST Republicans. Bush's amnesty got shot down by his fellow Republicans. As for Reagan, he lived to regret his amnesty passage because it was also promised that our borders were going to be secured and they weren't.

Many of the rich both Republican and Democrats want them here for the cheap labor. Democrats want them here for two reasons one of them is the above and the other is that they want the Hispanic ethnocentric vote and eventual citizenship for these illegal aliens who will undoubtedly vote Democrat in the future.

As for what Romney will do if he gets elected president I won't speculate on that. I am hoping that he will be a president for the American people not ethnocentrics and illegal invaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration