U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 12:19 PM

447 posts, read 707,723 times

Advertisements

ps mach50thunderdart....the drunk driver illegal immigrant cost us over 100 thousand dollars in medical costs,fifty thousand dollars in lost wages as my husband tried to recupperate, a bankruptcy due to those costs of the "accident" and the foreclosure of our home...not to mention the eleven years of pain and suffering my husband has lived with and stuill lives with every single day...this did not help our economy one little bit, thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 12:23 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,733,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
ps mach50thunderdart....the drunk driver illegal immigrant cost us over 100 thousand dollars in medical costs,fifty thousand dollars in lost wages as my husband tried to recupperate, a bankruptcy due to those costs of the "accident" and the foreclosure of our home...not to mention the eleven years of pain and suffering my husband has lived with and stuill lives with every single day...this did not help our economy one little bit, thank you very much.
I am so sorry that happened to you. Wow. We lost our business due to our not wanting to hire illegals, (we are in construction and just couldnt compete, we were a small company) had to file bankruptcy and lost our health insurance, we could no longer afford it. My son went to the hospital and we owed 75,000.00 in medical bills and had to sell the home. Still paying, they came right after us like we were dead beats, yet illegals get away with it. we are still a little bitter.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:24 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,880,495 times
vivski
Good posts. I hope you keep telling your story to anyone who will listen. Also to those who won't.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:29 PM

9,077 posts, read 15,528,115 times
Vivski,

I am sorry that happened to your husband, I am sympathetic, same thing happened to my brother but it did not change our ideology. However, even though that happened to your family, you seem grounded and have a good handle on what the problem is.

It is statements like this, by Cribster that take this situation to another level that I think is extremely wrong:

Quote:
Mexico has waged war on the United States in the form of 30,000,000 disenfranchised citizen
Personally I think people who associate things like war, guns, terrorism with illegal mexicans are desperately trying to make this situation more critical and thus further corroborating the scapegoat that is the illegals.

Last edited by Mach50; 09-27-2007 at 12:39 PM..

Old 09-27-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Vivski,

I am sorry that happened to your husband, I am sympathetic, same thing happened to my brother but it did change our ideology. However, even though that happened to your family, you seem grounded and have a good handle on what problem is.

It is statements like this, by Cribster that take this situation to another level that I think is extremely wrong:

Personally I think people who associate things like war, guns, terrorism with illegal mexicans are desperately trying to make this situation more critical and thus further corroborating the scapegoat that is the illegals.

I dont think of it as a war, persay. I think it is more of people, (supported by their government in doing so), come here thinking what we have is theirs for the taking. It is our businesses, government ,illegal supporters, illegals and the Mexican government that are to blame for this. And we can soon blame ourselves if we do not put an end to it. There are ways to allow them to come here for certain positions, amnesty is not one of them and neither is jumping the border and waving mexican flags protesting us and our laws.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:36 PM

9,077 posts, read 15,528,115 times
I see why you all have such passion to get rid of the illegals now, you have had bad experiences. It makes sense. See I guess I have had good and bad experiences, regardless I would not let my experiences cloud reality.

Emotions drive irrational but understandable behavior, don't take that wrong I am sympathetic but it definitely adds fuel to the fire.

Just make sure you don't fire at the wrong people.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I see why you all have such passion to get rid of the illegals now, you have had bad experiences. It makes sense. See I guess I have had good and bad experiences, regardless I would not let my experiences cloud reality.

Emotions drive irrational but understandable, behavior, don't take that wrong I am sympathetic.
Yep bad experiences, too many of them. You are shaped by what happens to you. I am usually a very positive person, but with all the crap over the years it has been hard to stay positive. I fire at the right people, I have turned in many business that hire illegals and I do not to condone the illegals behavior. As far as the government, I try but blind people keep voting for the hollywood loving lying politians they see everyday.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I am so sorry that happened to you. Wow. We lost our business due to our not wanting to hire illegals, (we are in construction and just couldnt compete, we were a small company) had to file bankruptcy and lost our health insurance, we could no longer afford it. My son went to the hospital and we owed 75,000.00 in medical bills and had to sell the home. Still paying, they came right after us like we were dead beats, yet illegals get away with it. we are still a little bitter.
i am so sorry to hear your story...no-one should ever lose their business like you did because you refused to hire illegals...it does not surprise me though, the illegals do work for less dollars, and in the ned it is sometimes the old dollar that rules.
sad but true.
we cannot afford insurance, though my husband is doing better and working 40 hours a week, in pain every day from the severe injuries he sustained in the accident, his boss provides insurance for him, and the insurance still covers a good deal of his costs even from the "accident", but we cannot afford to be on the insurance the company provides, (premiums are over 500 dollars a month)..i get angry when i have to take my son to the hospital emergancy room and pay out of pocket 600 or more dollars and yet see illegals getting free healthcare....what is wrong with this picture...i've called and written our elected officials including the former pres. clinton, and the now pres. bush...yet nothing....i can only vote, and if my story helps other voters decide to vote these inept people out, then i'll be satisfied...but i do think you should tell your story too, then maybe others will understand why you feel the way you do, and have sympathy for you, and do the right thing by voting these people out of office that refuse to do their duty to protect our nation....because thats exactly what they are doing...keep our minds on iraq, and maybe we'll forget about what is happening in our own country....thats their thinking.
but i think not.....rise and conquer...and i will stand by you...
i hope things get better for you...i am bitter too...but i will not ever give up.

"let us have faith that right makes might , and in that faith let us to the end dare to do our duty as we understand it" abraham lincoln

Old 09-27-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
vivski
Good posts. I hope you keep telling your story to anyone who will listen. Also to those who won't.

coming from you, i feel honored...thanks
may make some angry, but it has to be said....i wish others would tell the story that makes them against illegal immigration, because i'm sure there are reasons for their anger.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
i am so sorry to hear your story...no-one should ever lose their business like you did because you refused to hire illegals...it does not surprise me though, the illegals do work for less dollars, and in the ned it is sometimes the old dollar that rules.
sad but true.
we cannot afford insurance, though my husband is doing better and working 40 hours a week, in pain every day from the severe injuries he sustained in the accident, his boss provides insurance for him, and the insurance still covers a good deal of his costs even from the "accident", but we cannot afford to be on the insurance the company provides, (premiums are over 500 dollars a month)..i get angry when i have to take my son to the hospital emergancy room and pay out of pocket 600 or more dollars and yet see illegals getting free healthcare....what is wrong with this picture...i've called and written our elected officials including the former pres. clinton, and the now pres. bush...yet nothing....i can only vote, and if my story helps other voters decide to vote these inept people out, then i'll be satisfied...but i do think you should tell your story too, then maybe others will understand why you feel the way you do, and have sympathy for you, and do the right thing by voting these people out of office that refuse to do their duty to protect our nation....because thats exactly what they are doing...keep our minds on iraq, and maybe we'll forget about what is happening in our own country....thats their thinking.
but i think not.....rise and conquer...and i will stand by you...
i hope things get better for you...i am bitter too...but i will not ever give up.

"let us have faith that right makes might , and in that faith let us to the end dare to do our duty as we understand it" abraham lincoln

It was real rough for awhile and my kids paid a price, still do in the schools. We had to find new careers, still in construction though, just different fields. his employer doesnt offer insurance,so we still dont have any. For a family of 5 it is 900.00 for decent insurance. We will probably just get major medical for now. I dont think our stories will ever change some minds, they are convinced it is not the norm even though I know countless others, and the media has told countless stories.People shouldnt have to expereince it,illegal supporters always say we should have sympathy for them, that they just want to better themselves, what about the families they hurt in the process that are Americans, where do we stand? I hope your husband recovers soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or