U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 02:00 PM

9,077 posts, read 15,530,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Evidently you didnt read the other ones.
Yes I did and they revolve around certain areas. Regardless, none of them say Mexicans have 5-6 kids. Stop the BS.

Quote:
Mexican mothers had the highest fertility rate among Hispanics
in the United States, followed by Puerto Rican mothers and Cuban
mothers

Did it ever occur to you that Latins like big families? Over time they are becoming Americanized and the hispanic birthrate is dropping in America. This is proven in California and Arizona numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I see them harrassing people for sure. And did you ever think that the person begging lost his job and cannot find a new one? Or maybe they just are not as worthy to recieve services as the illegals.
Do you think that working equals good people? lord lets not even go there. I thought priests were all good because they served god, wrong!!
Nea1 I have to say in America I have not seen 1 Mexican beggar on the corner, ever. However, I do see a lot of them working like slaves for American companies.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:05 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,735,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Yes I did and they revolve around certain areas. Regardless, none of them say Mexicans have 5-6 kids. Stop the BS.

Did it ever occur to you that Latins like big families? Over time they are becoming Americanized and the hispanic birthrate is dropping in America. This is proven in California and Arizona numbers.
certain areas? you mean the southwest and southeast states? They dont have alot of kids? Yet everything I read and see say otherwise. Do I believe you, or people that are actually involved in getting the statistics and information, like the CDC and state agencies and hospitals hhmmmmmmmmmm hard one.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:06 PM

547 posts, read 1,047,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
california and arizona may not feel that the illegal immigrants are a hostile power, but i , as the wife of a man who was almost killed by an illegal immigrant drunk driver do.
you can welcome them if you want, it's your right...but i do not have to... and when anyone steps foot into this country illegally, then in my eyes they are a threat to this nations national security...lets not ever forget about the illegals who flew planes into the world trade centers, the pentagon and that pennsylvania field.....
this is not about just illegals from mexico...this is about all illegal immigrants....and not all of them are here for good reasons...
it's time we all wake up and realize this...
hope you never have to go through what our family has gone through due to the careless actions and disregard of an illegal immigrant.
Don't go by that quote and think Arizona is doing nothing. We have passed some of the strictest laws in the country and we are agressively making necessary changes to discourage illegals from staying. January 1st there will be strict fines and loss of licenses for employers who have illegal employees. Something the federal government should already be doing, but for some reason are not. See Act description= Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia People have been leaving daily since the announcement of what Arizona will be doing. On one of our local TV stations they started a survey this morning asking "How much of an impact has illegal immigration had on your community?" So far the results are 69% a great deal, 13.5 quite a bit, 8.7 just a little and 8.7 none at all. So don't worry, although Mach's quote would suggest we are complacent. We are anything but. We want to make sure we put an end to this invasion, so no more people like your husband are severly hurt or killed. But we need the federal government to wake up and smell the coffee because they are busy overturning judgements and giving illegals more rights than citizens. Read up on Sheriff Joe Arpaio to learn more about what Arizona is doing.

Last edited by Arizona Annie; 09-27-2007 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: Added link to Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986

Old 09-27-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Nea1 I have to say in America I have not seen 1 Mexican beggar on the corner, ever. However, I do see a lot of them working like slaves for American companies.
So because YOU havent seen them it cant possibly be. OK

They are not the only ones working like slaves.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:45 PM

547 posts, read 1,047,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
coming from you, i feel honored...thanks
may make some angry, but it has to be said....i wish others would tell the story that makes them against illegal immigration, because i'm sure there are reasons for their anger.
I don't really have a story. I just think it is our responsibility to speak out about this and not let people scare us off by calling us racists. We know we aren't. This has nothing to do with race and we know it. Yet, I think the reason many people who are against illegal aliens won't speak out is because they are afraid they will be called racists. I say, don't let them scare you with that, they know it's not racism they are just hoping it will back you down. It's worked to back down the federal government all these years. They are trying right now to make using the race card work in Texas. Unfortunately, it probably will. Pro-illegals are there saying pulling Hispanics over and asking for their license, registration and insurance and arresting them if they cannot provide it is racial profiling. What the ....! Everyone driving should have those items or they should EXPECT to be arrested. Why should Hispanics NOT be arrested when everyone else is?? That's what the police are saying, they say they have recently brought to jail people from 13 different countries, so obviously they are NOT targeting Hispanics. That fell on deaf ears. They just continued insisting they were being targeted. So, no story, just passion. But your stories are sure strengthening my resolve.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
So because YOU havent seen them it cant possibly be. OK

They are not the only ones working like slaves.
Nea1 ...

Here it is again on this forum you can tell your stories of distress and bad experiences which should somehow count towards the validity of exposing illegal mexicans. However, if I post my good experiences it is just brushed aside in a derogatory manner.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Annie View Post
I don't really have a story. I just think it is our responsibility to speak out about this and not let people scare us off by calling us racists. We know we aren't. This has nothing to do with race and we know it. Yet, I think the reason many people who are against illegal aliens won't speak out is because they are afraid they will be called racists. I say, don't let them scare you with that, they know it's not racism they are just hoping it will back you down. It's worked to back down the federal government all these years. They are trying right now to make using the race card work in Texas. Unfortunately, it probably will. Pro-illegals are there saying pulling Hispanics over and asking for their license, registration and insurance and arresting them if they cannot provide it is racial profiling. What the ....! Everyone driving should have those items or they should EXPECT to be arrested. Why should Hispanics NOT be arrested when everyone else is?? That's what the police are saying, they say they have recently brought to jail people from 13 different countries, so obviously they are NOT targeting Hispanics. That fell on deaf ears. They just continued insisting they were being targeted. So, no story, just passion. But your stories are sure strengthening my resolve.
Pulling them over for no reason, is a breach of civil liberties.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Nea1 ...

Here it is again on this forum you can tell your stories of distress and bad experiences which should somehow count towards the validity of exposing illegal mexicans. However, if I post my good experiences it is just brushed aside in a derogatory manner.
I have posted my positive experinces as well, not with illegals, but with my hispanic friends and neighbors, BUT when I do post my negatives, you try to invalidate them, saying this is not how they are and we are just spreading hate or we are bigots or blaming mexicans only, when in MY expereince it is how they are and sorry Mexicans are who I have had to deal with. If I have a bad experience with an asian or Irish illegal I will let you know. If you have good experiences with illegals, good for you, but dont downplay our bad experiences.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Pulling them over for no reason, is a breach of civil liberties.
I got pulled over so a cop could get my number, should I sue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or