U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 07:10 PM

537 posts, read 312,010 times

Advertisements

We need Sheriff Joe to be the head of immigration of the whole country. Couldn't beat that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 07:22 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
We need Sheriff Joe to be the head of immigration of the whole country. Couldn't beat that.
I actually met Sheriff Joe at a book signing about 12 years ago; that is one man who I would not wish to cross.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:39 PM

547 posts, read 1,044,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I actually met Sheriff Joe at a book signing about 12 years ago; that is one man who I would not wish to cross.
I know what you mean. Have never met the man but he sure makes one want to stay on the right side of the law that is for sure.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I could get behind that. I'd hate to lose him as our sheriff. but it would be worth it if things started getting done and already passed laws were enforced, and I have no doubt they would be with him in charge, providing however that they don't tie his hands just like with everyone else when they try to affect positive change on behalf of citizens.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:48 PM

447 posts, read 705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Nea1 ...

Here it is again on this forum you can tell your stories of distress and bad experiences which should somehow count towards the validity of exposing illegal mexicans. However, if I post my good experiences it is just brushed aside in a derogatory manner.

in my experience i never even gave a thought to illegal or legal, i have to admit before the man who'd injured my husband went on the run for nine years,or the two years no-one told me theyd picked him up, after talking to them a month or so before he was finally captured....no...before the incident with our illegal, i don't even think i recoginized race as an issue.
for a time i have to admit, after finding out what race he was, i started looking at every man who was hispanic in a different light, like could that be the guy? i was frustrated and angry, but my hispanic freinds prove not everyone is without a soul.they are the most fun loving generous people i have ever been honored to meet...my familia.
but as the apple does not fall far from the tree, my hispanic friends feel the same way as i do...illegal is illegal, send them all packing they say and i tend to agree.
living with the hatred i had for the mexican man, i started reading more and more about the illegal population, and it became obvious there is a critical hour at hand for america,
i am only human, anyone in my position would have been angry and bitter , and yes, at times a little bit racist...but the more i learned about what is really happening in this nation, set aside the finacial costs the illegal immigrant gives the U.S.,i learned more and more about other victims like my husband, just recently i learned of a few more victims of violent crimes that some of these illegals have committed and it makes me sick that little or nothing is being done to stop it from hurting more people..physically, and finacially.we cannot nearly calculate the cost, if you really add everything together..

Old 09-27-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Nea1 ...

Here it is again on this forum you can tell your stories of distress and bad experiences which should somehow count towards the validity of exposing illegal mexicans. However, if I post my good experiences it is just brushed aside in a derogatory manner.

you act as if we were the ones who exposed the illegal mexican...as irecall, they chose to march, which as i see it caused an awakening...in every american antion wide...the debate will always exsist, even if everyone of them here now is given amnesty....or sent home.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:56 PM

537 posts, read 312,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
you act as if we were the ones who exposed the illegal mexican...as irecall, they chose to march, which as i see it caused an awakening...in every american antion wide...the debate will always exsist, even if everyone of them here now is given amnesty....or sent home.
Very true indeed!!! The facts are that even if they were to get amnesty they will never have the respect of any true American in this country no matter what they say or do because we all know how they got here and what they did to stay here, all illegal of course.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:04 PM

Quote:
here in albuquerque, the city council gave albuquerque police department a written order to cease and desist in asking for proof of citizenship, or legal status, such as green card, worker visa, etc when questioning or detaining a suspect...this rule only applies to people of hispanic descent...not for anyone else...at the very least this could be discrimination .
at it's best , favortism ...without a doubt.
if i were to be pulled over, and detained i would have to prove my identity...and so would anyone else who isn't hispanic...but in albuauqerque, you would not have to, if you were latino or from mexico,or any other latino country, you would not have to...because you are officially protected by race. does this mean they are set free if the police cannot disprove who they truly are? would that happen to you or me? probably not, no matter where you come from, or what color you are.

so where does the racism come into play? is it in people wanting to have control over their own country in a post oklahoma city , 9-11 kind of world, by knowing who are in their country ? i've been questioning this practice for years, since my husband's incident..."we're sorry mrs foolishness, we cannot figure out who he really is, but for sure, he doesn't belong here in the first place...but if he pleds guilty or bonds out of jail we have to release him on his promise to appear"....not ever...never on my watch again...we have to tell this congres , our senators, our governors, our prsident what we want by voting, yes, and by the most tidios ways, by calling and writting...bombard the idiots with massive non-violent assaults,and sooner or later they'll have to either run for the hills or do something about it.
everyone in power (aside from police and fire rescue) treated my husbands case as just a drunk driving with great bodily injury...and not what else it was. an illegal immigrant.someone who lied about who he was, and ran from justice for nine long painful years for my husband and my family.
there is a law about hiding your identity to authorities, illegals do this...there is a law about being deported if you commit a crime while in our nation...duh...being here illegally is a crime....
i would say though, that i live in a predominately hispanic community, most legal, maybe some not, i haven't questioned it myself, don't really think it's something that is asked when i meet someone else.i think i look into a new persons eyes, instead of at his race. nice eyes can soothe my soul...something i love very much..my soul...i have never and never will advocate or endorse racism of any kind,so please don't call me racist by insinuating that it is only about the mexican illegal...it is not.
all or most have been very welcoming people, have great respect for their elders, mourn the loss of loved ones in war, they are nothing different from me...except for maybe their culture...it is a very nice, one one i have come to embrace...without my hispanic friends my familia, i am nothing....we joke about race

sorry arizona annie..i think my response was to mach 50 thunderdart

Old 09-27-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:

sherriff joe for head of homeland security....i support that.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
sorry arizona annie..i think my response was to mach 50 thunderdart
Oh, you grabbed the wrong quote. I've done that before too. I have to admit, I wondered a little bit because you said to please not call you a racist and I couldn't figure that out, because I would NEVER call you that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or