Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 06:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,892,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
You make it sound like all of Mexico is suffering from drug violence which is not the case; it's only a handful of states. I believe Wikipedia has a map showing the affected areas in red that you can check out.
If your info is right: all the more reason to catch any illegal Mexican here in the US and deport him BACK to Mexico.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:21 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,603,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If your info is right: all the more reason to catch any illegal Mexican here in the US and deport him BACK to Mexico.
Now, that I'm using my home PC I can link you the map from wikipedia: The states where most of the conflict takes place, marked in red.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
They have come here mostly for economic reasons, that we all agree on, but the violence does matter, as it hinders the stability and developement of the country.

An unfortunate but mostly true fact of life in Mexico. "La Mordida", the bite, ie, a bribe, widespread corruption in most segments of Mexican society, is something that Mexico will have to eliminate, or at least lessen. Realistically, it is so ingrained, so pervasive, that it may take decades to eliminate, or at least reduce it to the point to where it is no longer a major factor.
Actually homicide rates in Mexico are down. And what's more is that today most of the violence involves those involved with the cartels. And many parts of Mexico have lower homicide rates than many parts of the USA. Only those involved with the cartels fear retribution from their cartel or an opposing cartel.

They come here not because they can afford our much higher cost of living on the low wages they will accept, but the low wages are fine when you throw in Section 8 housing vouchers, food stamps, and of course Medicaid. Illegals are not paying for their health care costs -- that's certain.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:08 AM

683 posts, read 1,468,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Disclaimer: I have no evidence to support this, just strictly my own opinion.

Before we start, can we tone done the emotional rhetoric please? I know most posters on here have strong feelings on the subject, but I want a more rational/logical discussion, not feelings or emotion aka irrationality, thanks.

I've been thinking about it, and if we take into account the claims made by the anti-illegal immigration advocates that illegals and their anchor babies are ethno-centrics and are proud to be Mexican and not American, why would they stay here if their homeland improves tremendously? If unemployment in Mexico remains low for the next 10 years or so, and job pay really rises and a large, solid middle class akin to the developed world approaches, and Mexico is a medium to low crime country, why would they really stay? The US is stagnating, jobs are not coming back, especially manufacturing jobs, and legal immigration to the US has slowed down according to the 2010 Census.

I just don't see the reason why whites would become a minority in 2050, and the people who usually side with the Mexicans say the birth rate is declining in Mexico. The longer term seems to favor Mexico more than us, I think we've grown about as much as we can do, and all this "growth" we've seen since the 90s seems to have been fueled by the expansion of credit, not real money. Mexico is ripe for proper expansion without relying on private debt like Americans are.
Mexicans are not Hispanics. Mexicans are North americans of mainly Amerindian ancestry and culture.

They speak Castillian but that does not mean they are related to the Spanish culture from Spain, Europe.

Bahamians speak english and that does not make them related to the U.S.

Mexico is the modern version of the Mayan Empire.

BY 2050 the U.S. will have a Mexican (Amerindian) majority population.

Hispanics look like Argentine, Uruguayans, and chileans. Spanish speaking Americans of latin (spanish, portuguese, italian, etc) european ancestry.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:24 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
Mexicans are not Hispanics. Mexicans are North americans of mainly Amerindian ancestry and culture.

They speak Castillian but that does not mean they are related to the Spanish culture from Spain, Europe.

Hispanics look like Argentine, Uruguayans, and chileans. Spanish speaking Americans of latin (spanish, portuguese, italian, etc) european ancestry.

You need to travel more.
Mexico is a diverse place. They have Mexicans that range from black to white.

In the U.S Mexicans would be considered hispanic.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:35 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,311,723 times
Quote:

I will have to disagree with you here. Most Mexicans are culturally Hispanic. There are cultural variations in all the Hispanic countries that you named but being Hispanic mostly means bound together by the Spanish language.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
You need to travel more.
Mexico is a diverse place. They have Mexicans that range from black to white.

In the U.S Mexicans would be considered hispanic.
In the U.S. a jew is considered anglo... Labels in the usa are funny and unaccurate.

Mexico is the most Amerindian country of America.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:53 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,311,723 times
Quote:
In the U.S. a jew is considered anglo... Labels in the usa are funny and unaccurate.

Mexico is the most Amerindian country of America.
60% of Mexicans are mestizos, a mixture of Spaniard mostly and native indian.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I will have to disagree with you here. Most Mexicans are culturally Hispanic. There are cultural variations in all the Hispanic countries that you named but being Hispanic mostly means bound together by the Spanish language.

So then bahamas, canadians, australians, south africans are all anglo?

Culture is not just the language.

mexicans are not hispanics. mexicans are culturally more linked to the usa than to spain.

Have you even travelled to spain?

Old 06-26-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
60% of Mexicans are mestizos, a mixture of Spaniard mostly and native indian.
if they were 60 percent spanish the average mexican would look whiter than a us national.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.