U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-11-2012, 11:43 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
But what evidence points to the new generation sustaining the same birth rate? There isn't. These people will be the ones to start moving back to Mexico when crime and economic issues improve. They're not going to stay poor forever, and they certainly will not be having 5-6 kids every generation. Illegal Mexicans have been coming here since the 1950s and 1960s, and even then their high birth rate hasn't displaced anyone, and has slowed down. In fact, before the 1990s, even all these Mexicans predominantly settled in areas that were already Mexican majority. The southern half of Texas's counties are majority Hispanic, and always have been.
First off the ones coming here illegally are the unskilled and the uneducated. No matter how Mexico's economy improves and their middle class grows those here illegally are not wanted back there for those reasons and the reason they would rather stay here is because of our handouts for their U.S. born citizens. They aren't going to get that back in Mexico. The only way to encourage them to leave and fewer to come here would be by removing the magnets. Those are job opportunities and birthright citizenship. Without either of these two things they would no longer have reason to remain here or to continue to come here.

Americans are procreating at replacement levels. The claims that we are not are ludicrous. Illegal aliens however are procreating here at higher levels because of the handouts they get for them. I don't see that changing throughout the generations for that reason and because most Hispanics are Catholics. If this doesn't stop Hispanics may well become the majority. It alarms me for three reasons. One, it is unnatural and unlawful via illegal immigration and anchor babies. Two, it would change our nation's identity, culture and language and three far too many Hispanics have that tribal mentality of "them" against "us" by not putting the nation's interests first but rather their ethnic group instead when it comes to our immigration laws. It will be an end to our country as we know it.

 
Old 06-11-2012, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
9,832 posts, read 21,495,289 times
Reputation: 3503
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
First off the ones coming here illegally are the unskilled and the uneducated. No matter how Mexico's economy improves and their middle class grows those here illegally are not wanted back there for those reasons and the reason they would rather stay here is because of our handouts for their U.S. born citizens. They aren't going to get that back in Mexico. The only way to encourage them to leave and fewer to come here would be by removing the magnets. Those are job opportunities and birthright citizenship. Without either of these two things they would no longer have reason to remain here or to continue to come here.

Americans are procreating at replacement levels. The claims that we are not are ludicrous. Illegal aliens however are procreating here at higher levels because of the handouts they get for them. I don't see that changing throughout the generations for that reason and because most Hispanics are Catholics. If this doesn't stop Hispanics may well become the majority. It alarms me for three reasons. One, it is unnatural and unlawful via illegal immigration and anchor babies. Two, it would change our nation's identity, culture and language and three far too many Hispanics have that tribal mentality of "them" against "us" by not putting the nation's interests first but rather their ethnic group instead when it comes to our immigration laws. It will be an end to our country as we know it.
You are speaking way too broadly which is the mistake many fellow Americans make. Hispanics are a broad classification of people with many different points of view. Although I would say most non-Mexican Hispanics sympathize with Mexicans their is a lot of disagreement on this particular issue. There are many Hispanics who strongly resent illegal immigration.
 
Old 06-11-2012, 12:42 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
You are speaking way too broadly which is the mistake many fellow Americans make. Hispanics are a broad classification of people with many different points of view. Although I would say most non-Mexican Hispanics sympathize with Mexicans their is a lot of disagreement on this particular issue. There are many Hispanics who strongly resent illegal immigration.
Where did I say that they all hold that view? I didn't. I said far too many do and that is just the facts and yes it is mostly citizens of Mexican ancestry that are advocates for these illegal aliens.
 
Old 06-11-2012, 12:59 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Where did I say that they all hold that view? I didn't. I said far too many do and that is just the facts and yes it is mostly citizens of Mexican ancestry that are advocates for these illegal aliens.
Yes, but your choice of words is easily twisted by those on the Left, and those whose English isn't up to par with us, and they interpret that as racism on your part. People with your viewpoints speak in overly broad terms that do no favor for Republicans or for your viewpoint. You do see what I mean, right? I'm not surprised a lot of liberals on this forum reply with things along the lines of, oh look <insert name here> is another angry white Republican scared to death of the brown people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
First off the ones coming here illegally are the unskilled and the uneducated. No matter how Mexico's economy improves and their middle class grows those here illegally are not wanted back there for those reasons and the reason they would rather stay here is because of our handouts for their U.S. born citizens. They aren't going to get that back in Mexico. The only way to encourage them to leave and fewer to come here would be by removing the magnets. Those are job opportunities and birthright citizenship. Without either of these two things they would no longer have reason to remain here or to continue to come here.

Americans are procreating at replacement levels. The claims that we are not are ludicrous. Illegal aliens however are procreating here at higher levels because of the handouts they get for them. I don't see that changing throughout the generations for that reason and because most Hispanics are Catholics. If this doesn't stop Hispanics may well become the majority. It alarms me for three reasons. One, it is unnatural and unlawful via illegal immigration and anchor babies. Two, it would change our nation's identity, culture and language and three far too many Hispanics have that tribal mentality of "them" against "us" by not putting the nation's interests first but rather their ethnic group instead when it comes to our immigration laws. It will be an end to our country as we know it.
Yes, and their kids are being educated in our schools and going to our colleges. They are no longer the uneducated high school dropout whose only skills are crop picking and meat packaging, right? Those will go back to Mexico in droves when they find the jobs in their field are in Monterrey and the D.F., not in San Diego or Los Angeles.

Also, you have to stop using Hispanic so liberally in your posts. The people you complain about (the Mexicans) make up 63% of ALL Hispanics. The 2 next largest groups are 12.7% and they are all U.S. citizens (Puerto Ricans and Cubans) and the rest make up less than 4% each. So, please start using the correct term because you are offending and alienating the rest who are not running over displacing Americans as you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Your previous post claims they are not displacing any demographic and that is simply not true in many areas. Another I can think of is parts of Chicago besides New Orleans. Southeast San Diego is yet another.


http://www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=24692542


you wrote:

and even then their high birth rate hasn't displaced anyone, and has slowed down. In fact, before the 1990s, even all these Mexicans predominantly settled in areas that were already Mexican majority.
New Orleans is a very special case. A hurricane displaced half the city, and no one came back. The Mexicans did not displace anyone, Katrina did. It's the same stupid argument the Argentines use against the British in the Falkland Islands, that the Brits displaced the Spanish/Argentines from the Falklands and stole them. No, you can't "displace" people that don't exist
 
Old 06-11-2012, 01:59 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yes, but your choice of words is easily twisted by those on the Left, and those whose English isn't up to par with us, and they interpret that as racism on your part. People with your viewpoints speak in overly broad terms that do no favor for Republicans or for your viewpoint. You do see what I mean, right? I'm not surprised a lot of liberals on this forum reply with things along the lines of, oh look <insert name here> is another angry white Republican scared to death of the brown people.



Yes, and their kids are being educated in our schools and going to our colleges. They are no longer the uneducated high school dropout whose only skills are crop picking and meat packaging, right? Those will go back to Mexico in droves when they find the jobs in their field are in Monterrey and the D.F., not in San Diego or Los Angeles.

Also, you have to stop using Hispanic so liberally in your posts. The people you complain about (the Mexicans) make up 63% of ALL Hispanics. The 2 next largest groups are 12.7% and they are all U.S. citizens (Puerto Ricans and Cubans) and the rest make up less than 4% each. So, please start using the correct term because you are offending and alienating the rest who are not running over displacing Americans as you say.



New Orleans is a very special case. A hurricane displaced half the city, and no one came back. The Mexicans did not displace anyone, Katrina did. It's the same stupid argument the Argentines use against the British in the Falkland Islands, that the Brits displaced the Spanish/Argentines from the Falklands and stole them. No, you can't "displace" people that don't exist
Chicago and Southeast San Diego had no flooding yet the demographics are completely different than 20 years ago. Here is your complimentary

The entire City was not destroyed. When displaced locals returned to what functioning infrastructure was left it was not blacks and whites living there.

from the article

The emergence of Latinos in the emotionally and politically charged aftermath of the storm sparked outcries from displaced residents who felt their jobs and their status in the city were being challenged. In one infamous news conference, Mayor C. Ray Nagin pledged to return New Orleans to a "chocolate city" after previously asking what he could do to keep the city from being "overrun by Mexican workers." A documentary released last week by Latino performance artist Jose Torres-Tama titled "From Chocolate City to Enchilada Village" is reigniting the controversy on local talk radio.
 
Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,422,338 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's their birthrate inside the US that is tipping the scales.

Exactly. The problem is that they are birthing anchors at the speed of light with no way to pay any of their pre or post natal care costs. After being released from the maternity ward, they are on their way to apply for all of the freebies entitled to low income and poor American citizens.

If a large population of Americans are not put to work in order to generate more taxpayers, illegal aliens' high birth rates, education for their anchors, WIC, Section 8, EBT and everything else poverty affords them will bankrupt this country within 25 years.
 
Old 06-11-2012, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
12,765 posts, read 12,744,983 times
Reputation: 5440
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
A lot. Even Africa is improving, and so are the Central American countries. Panama is the first Central American country forecasted to join the ranks of the developed world this decade. Also, Mexico doesn't have a free trade agreement with China or a "favored partner" status like the US. Mexico has a much more protectionist economy than we do

The birth rate in Mexico is declining. They will reach subreplacement rate in the near future. The more it develops, the less babies it will have on average. Everyone thinks Mexico is a country with a birth rate of like 10 when it's closer to 2-3. Of all population growth trends, the African population is the only one that is seen to expand into the future, with all others declining
Yeah, I was reading recently how Mexico may eventually be more like Japan, with birthrates so low that the population ends up aging and starts a slow decline. Birthrates worldwide are falling, and most people who pay attention to this stuff expects the world population to top out mid-century before stabilizing/falling. Perpetual growth is not a long-term phenomenon like it was once expected to be.
 
Old 06-11-2012, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
12,765 posts, read 12,744,983 times
Reputation: 5440
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Mexico has a huge drug war right now and the government is losing that war. They also have rampant corruption in their military and police force. That country is not improving by any means. If anything it is getting worse whereas most of the rest of Latin America is improving.
Mexico is at the forefront of the drug war for a very simple reason: It borders the largest consumer of illegal drugs, the United States. It was always inevitable that the border would have these issues, and most of the actual fighting is because the Mexican government's war on the cartels leaves a lot of drug territory open and the cartels not broken up end up fighting over it. It got brutal because there was more of a vacuum.

However, to suggest that things aren't improving "by any means" is nuts and ignorant of the country as whole. Mexico has one of the few growing middle classes (the US does not have that), for example. Mexico also has low unemployment and didn't suffer through the economic crash the same way the US and other parts of the world did, so it has recovered faster.
 
Old 06-11-2012, 06:13 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Mexico is at the forefront of the drug war for a very simple reason: It borders the largest consumer of illegal drugs, the United States. It was always inevitable that the border would have these issues, and most of the actual fighting is because the Mexican government's war on the cartels leaves a lot of drug territory open and the cartels not broken up end up fighting over it. It got brutal because there was more of a vacuum.

However, to suggest that things aren't improving "by any means" is nuts and ignorant of the country as whole. Mexico has one of the few growing middle classes (the US does not have that), for example. Mexico also has low unemployment and didn't suffer through the economic crash the same way the US and other parts of the world did, so it has recovered faster.
Tho Mexico would look a lot different if it had to take back its millions of citizens here in the US illegally.

Another way to put it would be IF the US had about 30 million of its worst people living OUTSIDE of here. We'd be doing a lot better.
 
Old 06-11-2012, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,176 posts, read 862,940 times
Reputation: 1287
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Exactly. The problem is that they are birthing anchors at the speed of light with no way to pay any of their pre or post natal care costs. After being released from the maternity ward, they are on their way to apply for all of the freebies entitled to low income and poor American citizens.

If a large population of Americans are not put to work in order to generate more taxpayers, illegal aliens' high birth rates, education for their anchors, WIC, Section 8, EBT and everything else poverty affords them will bankrupt this country within 25 years.
I think i read some post earlier a few weeks ago where something like 90% of babies 1 year and younger in Texas are hispanic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top