U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 08:58 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,510,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
if they were 60 percent spanish the average mexican would look whiter than a us national.
What kind of US national? We have some mighty pale Anglos here ....

Old 06-26-2012, 09:04 AM

684 posts, read 1,254,511 times
Japanese are pale too, koreans, etc

Caucasian is not just about how pale someone is. If you mix a cherokee and a scandinavian you get Megan fox, which is a standard average jane skin color in the usa.

Skull shape, eye shape, hand, symmetry, etc european genes is what make someone european.

Pale skin? Lol...

Believe me when I say that if you mix this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...recortada).jpg

With a Maya you will never get a Mexican. Mexicans are mostly fully Mayan.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
if they were 60 percent spanish the average mexican would look whiter than a us national.
You misunderstood my post. What I meant is that 60% of Mexicans are mestizo. A mix of native indian and white European but their white European blood is mostly from Spanish roots.

When white DNA is mixed with darker skinned DNA the darker skin is usually predominant. Not always but in many or most cases.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:51 AM

1,164 posts, read 1,276,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You misunderstood my post. What I meant is that 60% of Mexicans are mestizo. A mix of native indian and white European but their white European blood is mostly from Spanish roots.

When white DNA is mixed with darker skinned DNA the darker skin is usually predominant. Not always but in many or most cases.
Apparently it's 70% now. Oh and Mestizo's can be any color it depends on how much mixture they have.

Mexico did a genetic test in 2010 and the results were as follows:

Mexico's Ethnic composition: http://www.*soros.*org/*initiatives/...*20110613.*pdf

Population size (112 million): 2010

European - 18%
Indigenous - 10%
Ethnically mixed - 70%
Other - 2%

Old 06-26-2012, 12:10 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,276,707 times
Quote:
Japanese are pale too, koreans, etc

Caucasian is not just about how pale someone is. If you mix a cherokee and a scandinavian you get Megan fox, which is a standard average jane skin color in the usa.

Skull shape, eye shape, hand, symmetry, etc european genes is what make someone european.

Pale skin? Lol...

Believe me when I say that if you mix this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...recortada).jpg

With a Maya you will never get a Mexican. Mexicans are mostly fully Mayan.
That's false, by the time Spaniards came to Mexico the Mayan civilization had fallen and they were mainly concentrated in the most Southern states and Guatemala. The native power of the time were the Aztecs (when Spaniards came). Also, Mexico did their own genetic tests and only 10% is primarily Amerindian; 70% is mixed, 18% is of European descent and 2% are listed as other.

Also, Meagan Fox is not a good example as she's not even 50% Native American. She once said in an interview that she has little Native American blood in her, so one of her parents is probably not even half Native American either? She was talking in regards to playing a Native American, she said it would be a bit of a stretch, but that if Jake Gyllenhaal could play a prince of Persia why wouldn't she be able to play a Native American.

Last edited by Canaan-84; 06-26-2012 at 12:21 PM..

Old 06-27-2012, 01:47 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,250,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Unless you have any sort of data that backs up the statement that the only reason Mexico has lower unemployment is because they have shipped all theunemployed to the US, then this claim needs to die right now. Just becaue you think it's true does not make it so, and repeating something you made up over and over again does not make it true either.

This link shows Mexico's unemployment rate by year since 1980. Mexico Unemployment rate - Economy It also contains a lot of other data on world nations. Here are a few examples:

GDP Real Growth Rate
Mexico: 5.5%
United States: 2.8%

Public Debt as a % of GDP
US: 58.9%
Mexico: 41.5%

% of Population below poverty line
Mexico: 18.2%
United States: 12.0%

External Debt
United States: $13.98 Trillion
Mexico: $212 Billion

So Mexico has faster economic growth, lower debt, lower unemployment, but contrary to your claim, has higher poverty levels. Mexico shipped all their unemployed poor to the United States, but still has more poor. Strange. The good news is that with the economic growth and relatively low debt compared to the US, Mexico's middle class is growing. In the long run, this will do more about illegal immigration than any number of walls built or terrible laws written by the US.

Economic growth rate (GDP) is ALWAYS faster in developing countries and slower in countries with well-developed economies. There is even a name for this that I learned in my intro to economics class but I forgot what it was.

So all you are proving is that Mexico is still a middle economy, developing country

Old 06-27-2012, 11:32 PM

1,017 posts, read 552,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's their birthrate inside the US that is tipping the scales.
So true! Let's face it: Mexico doesn't want its citizens who come over here undocumented. It's our problem, now. No wonder Mexico is doing better -- it doesn't have the uneducated, etc. dragging it down. No economy can get better without educated, hard working citizens coming together. Mexico knows that; unfortunately the US doesn't.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:31 AM

9,832 posts, read 21,491,753 times
It doesn't hurt mexico that all those illegals send money over to Mexico. Add another reason Mexico implicitly supports illegal immigration to the US.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:05 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
So true! Let's face it: Mexico doesn't want its citizens who come over here undocumented. It's our problem, now. No wonder Mexico is doing better -- it doesn't have the uneducated, etc. dragging it down. No economy can get better without educated, hard working citizens coming together. Mexico knows that; unfortunately the US doesn't.
Yes -- imagine the problems that can be solved when you can dump 10-20% of your worst off people, the lowest subcultures of your country into another country and no longer have them as problems. Most poverty in the USA is being imported.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:27 PM

3,081 posts, read 6,601,636 times
[quote=theunbrainwashed;24692071
The birth rate in Mexico is declining. [/quote]

What? So instead of having 10 kids, they are now only having 8?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration