Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:16 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times

Advertisements

Disclaimer: I have no evidence to support this, just strictly my own opinion.

Before we start, can we tone done the emotional rhetoric please? I know most posters on here have strong feelings on the subject, but I want a more rational/logical discussion, not feelings or emotion aka irrationality, thanks.

I've been thinking about it, and if we take into account the claims made by the anti-illegal immigration advocates that illegals and their anchor babies are ethno-centrics and are proud to be Mexican and not American, why would they stay here if their homeland improves tremendously? If unemployment in Mexico remains low for the next 10 years or so, and job pay really rises and a large, solid middle class akin to the developed world approaches, and Mexico is a medium to low crime country, why would they really stay? The US is stagnating, jobs are not coming back, especially manufacturing jobs, and legal immigration to the US has slowed down according to the 2010 Census.

I just don't see the reason why whites would become a minority in 2050, and the people who usually side with the Mexicans say the birth rate is declining in Mexico. The longer term seems to favor Mexico more than us, I think we've grown about as much as we can do, and all this "growth" we've seen since the 90s seems to have been fueled by the expansion of credit, not real money. Mexico is ripe for proper expansion without relying on private debt like Americans are.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:23 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Disclaimer: I have no evidence to support this, just strictly my own opinion.

Before we start, can we tone done the emotional rhetoric please? I know most posters on here have strong feelings on the subject, but I want a more rational/logical discussion, not feelings or emotion aka irrationality, thanks.

I've been thinking about it, and if we take into account the claims made by the anti-illegal immigration advocates that illegals and their anchor babies are ethno-centrics and are proud to be Mexican and not American, why would they stay here if their homeland improves tremendously? If unemployment in Mexico remains low for the next 10 years or so, and job pay really rises and a large, solid middle class akin to the developed world approaches, and Mexico is a medium to low crime country, why would they really stay? The US is stagnating, jobs are not coming back, especially manufacturing jobs, and legal immigration to the US has slowed down according to the 2010 Census.

I just don't see the reason why whites would become a minority in 2050, and the people who usually side with the Mexicans say the birth rate is declining in Mexico. The longer term seems to favor Mexico more than us, I think we've grown about as much as we can do, and all this "growth" we've seen since the 90s seems to have been fueled by the expansion of credit, not real money. Mexico is ripe for proper expansion without relying on private debt like Americans are.
You're probably right.

But the amnesty people here in the US DON'T wanna face what you just said.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:28 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
why would they stay here if their homeland improves tremendously?
What could possibly cause Mexico to improve? Even Mexicans can't compete with Indians and Chinese.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I just don't see the reason why whites would become a minority in 2050,
Whites just aren't reproducing like Mexicans. There are so many DINKS that decided having children was just too much bother and expense.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
What could possibly cause Mexico to improve? Even Mexicans can't compete with Indians and Chinese.
A lot. Even Africa is improving, and so are the Central American countries. Panama is the first Central American country forecasted to join the ranks of the developed world this decade. Also, Mexico doesn't have a free trade agreement with China or a "favored partner" status like the US. Mexico has a much more protectionist economy than we do

Quote:
Whites just aren't reproducing like Mexicans. There are so many DINKS that decided having children was just too much bother and expense.
The birth rate in Mexico is declining. They will reach subreplacement rate in the near future. The more it develops, the less babies it will have on average. Everyone thinks Mexico is a country with a birth rate of like 10 when it's closer to 2-3. Of all population growth trends, the African population is the only one that is seen to expand into the future, with all others declining

Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:

The birth rate in Mexico is declining.
It's their birthrate inside the US that is tipping the scales.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
It's their birthrate inside the US that is tipping the scales.
But what evidence points to the new generation sustaining the same birth rate? There isn't. These people will be the ones to start moving back to Mexico when crime and economic issues improve. They're not going to stay poor forever, and they certainly will not be having 5-6 kids every generation. Illegal Mexicans have been coming here since the 1950s and 1960s, and even then their high birth rate hasn't displaced anyone, and has slowed down. In fact, before the 1990s, even all these Mexicans predominantly settled in areas that were already Mexican majority. The southern half of Texas's counties are majority Hispanic, and always have been.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:29 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
Mexico has a huge drug war right now and the government is losing that war. They also have rampant corruption in their military and police force. That country is not improving by any means. If anything it is getting worse whereas most of the rest of Latin America is improving.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:36 AM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Five years after Katrina, New Orleans sees higher percentage of Hispanics

Displacement | Define Displacement at Dictionary.com

Old 06-11-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Mexico has a huge drug war right now and the government is losing that war. They also have rampant corruption in their military and police force. That country is not improving by any means. If anything it is getting worse whereas most of the rest of Latin America is improving.
Colombia was in the same situation in the 80s and came out of it alive. The drug war in Mexico is not going to last decades, this is just a short term thing. Besides, Mexico's drug war is nothing like Sierra Leone or Rwanda or Angola. Mexico is more similar to South Africa than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration