U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2012, 06:31 AM
 
25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Reputation: 15310

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
A report came out last year showing that 80% of illegals are on SOME FORM of welfare or entitlement----money coming from us taxpayers. And then the majority of the money they make gets sent back to Mexico---it is the second biggest revenue for the country after oil and gas. So who cares if they pay a little sales tax.

If our parents generation was The Greatest Generation, we will surely go down as The Stupidest.

I cannot believe our politicians for allowing this to happen, just goes to show everyone, how much power is more important then us....and yes, we are stupid, I cannot believe that there are still so many American's that buy the fact that our politicians are working for us....
Each president we have gets worse, and yet, you still have the extremist lefts and rights, and none of them have the awareness to figure out that both parties are corrupt...we are going down hill fast, and if something very drastic isn't done soon, we will have a financial meltdown...I voted for Obama and am ashamed of it...I thought he'd be a whole lot different, I'm extremely conservative, and I want Obama out, however, Mitt Romney is nothing to write home about...and is so totally out of touch with middle class needs and the needs of this country...however, I did hear a rumor and it's just a rumor, that Trump might be Romney's running mate...if that happens, in my opinion, he'd be the best candidate for fixing our financial ruins...one can only hope...right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2012, 07:28 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't know about other states, but I do know about PA, and a lot of Philadelphia schools and surrounding area schools are having to close they're doors b/c they are broke.

So, how many illegals are attending our schools? They're parents are not paying taxes....so what is wrong with this picture?

This is literally breaking down are systems, and no one seems to be asking this question? Can you imagine how much more money our government, communities and schools would have if every illegal would have to pay taxes? How do they get away with this?

I mean, how stupid can American's be? And yet, they are allowed to vote???????? This is so unfair to American's who are legal and have worked hard to become legal??

Sorry, please correct me if I'm wrong in any of these statements...
You are not wrong.

In California alone, 66.2% of hispanic births are to welfare -- Medicaid.

Many of those are to illegals and for those births they will be very nicely rewarded with food stamps, WIC, Section 8 housing and much much more.

We are not taking care of our own disadvantaged Americans while the third world is allowed to pour over the borders and take all the welfare handouts they can grab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2012, 07:40 AM
 
25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Reputation: 15310
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You are not wrong.

In California alone, 66.2% of hispanic births are to welfare -- Medicaid.

Many of those are to illegals and for those births they will be very nicely rewarded with food stamps, WIC, Section 8 housing and much much more.

We are not taking care of our own disadvantaged Americans while the third world is allowed to pour over the borders and take all the welfare handouts they can grab.
Yanno what really bothers me...is how our seniors of this country, who are the foundation for the next generation are treated...first, they paid they're dues, why should seniors have to pay taxes for people who have 4 and 6 kids in school? Why should seniors have to pay so so much for medications...why is it, when you get old, our medical profession doesn't care to find out what is wrong with our senior citizens? When in fact, they are giving FREE handouts to people who only care about themselves, they are illegal and are not contributing a cent to help they're neighbors, they are NOT part of a working community...period. What is wrong with this picture? Why is Washington allowing this to be? I mean, it is just like a bad dream to me? How corrupt is Washington to allow such a disgraceful matter/issue to exist....anyone running for President should be addressing this and fixing this...it has broken the piggy bank, matter of fact, I've heard that the Mexican's coming across the boarder aren't coming in such numbers any longer b/c there are no more jobs....geeze louise, people....??????? I don't understand what is wrong with America, it doesn't take an educated monkey to figure this out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2012, 09:46 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yanno what really bothers me...is how our seniors of this country, who are the foundation for the next generation are treated...first, they paid they're dues, why should seniors have to pay taxes for people who have 4 and 6 kids in school? Why should seniors have to pay so so much for medications...why is it, when you get old, our medical profession doesn't care to find out what is wrong with our senior citizens? When in fact, they are giving FREE handouts to people who only care about themselves, they are illegal and are not contributing a cent to help they're neighbors, they are NOT part of a working community...period. What is wrong with this picture? Why is Washington allowing this to be? I mean, it is just like a bad dream to me? How corrupt is Washington to allow such a disgraceful matter/issue to exist....anyone running for President should be addressing this and fixing this...it has broken the piggy bank, matter of fact, I've heard that the Mexican's coming across the boarder aren't coming in such numbers any longer b/c there are no more jobs....geeze louise, people....??????? I don't understand what is wrong with America, it doesn't take an educated monkey to figure this out?
It is indeed a disgrace how our seniors are being treated. I know of many instances where seniors have lost their spouses and are stuggling to survive on one income and they have to sell their homes, drain their bank accounts and be flat out broke before they can get any financial help. Many of them can't afford the medications that they need. It is a choice between eating and affording their medications. Yet, illegal aliens seem to get all the help they need especially if they have U.S. born children. Calif. is going bankrupt covering their needs while our seniors are denied much help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2012, 11:25 AM
 
25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Reputation: 15310
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is indeed a disgrace how our seniors are being treated. I know of many instances where seniors have lost their spouses and are stuggling to survive on one income and they have to sell their homes, drain their bank accounts and be flat out broke before they can get any financial help. Many of them can't afford the medications that they need. It is a choice between eating and affording their medications. Yet, illegal aliens seem to get all the help they need especially if they have U.S. born children. Calif. is going bankrupt covering their needs while our seniors are denied much help.
Your right, yet, I gotta tell you, it makes me see red...

chicago nut,
the reason it makes me so mad is this....
How in the world can our country call itself a law abiding nation when illegal is just that, I mean, that is beyond my comprehenstion and such an embarrasement to this nation? Our politicians, both sides, stand at the boarder handing out papers while saying, "Come on in" VOTE for ME", I mean how can it be legal for an illegal to be able to vote???????? That is why they are still here??????

Un freaking real, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I think its going to be another revolution by the people because people are tired of this. Just as the people where tired before 1776. It will take something drastic for it to happen. Maybe a financial crises with a deep recession/depression or something else, but we already have Teas parties forming and other groups that are fed up with their governments around the world.
yes, things do not change until people get angry, and when people get angry they stick together...but I fear your right...

Last edited by Yac; 06-18-2012 at 02:13 AM.. Reason: 3 posts in a row merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 06:48 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, things do not change until people get angry, and when people get angry they stick together...but I fear your right...
It's kind of like the coalition between Ted Hayes the California homeless advocate and the Tea Party -- rather unsimilar types but they can come together over a common problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 07:57 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
chicago nut,
the reason it makes me so mad is this....
How in the world can our country call itself a law abiding nation when illegal is just that, I mean, that is beyond my comprehenstion and such an embarrasement to this nation? Our politicians, both sides, stand at the boarder handing out papers while saying, "Come on in" VOTE for ME", I mean how can it be legal for an illegal to be able to vote???????? That is why they are still here??????

Un freaking real, huh?
Yes, it is illegal for a non-citizen to vote. However, voter fraud has been discovered in many states. That is why we need the voter ID law to be mandated across this country. The Democrats in particular are pandering to Hispanic-Americans who can vote by promising their illegal counterparts amnesty who will in turn also vote Democrat if they are given our citizenship someday.

Most illegal aliens aren't here to vote they are merely recruited to do so. Most are here for the benefits they can take from our country such as jobs, welfare and birthright citizenship. Those are the incentives that need to be removed and that in turn will return jobs to Americans, lessen our taxes and not make a mockery out of our citizenship anymore. Fewer illegal aliens here means less that might vote in our elections illegally also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 08:51 AM
 
25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Reputation: 15310
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes, it is illegal for a non-citizen to vote. However, voter fraud has been discovered in many states. That is why we need the voter ID law to be mandated across this country. The Democrats in particular are pandering to Hispanic-Americans who can vote by promising their illegal counterparts amnesty who will in turn also vote Democrat if they are given our citizenship someday.

Most illegal aliens aren't here to vote they are merely recruited to do so. Most are here for the benefits they can take from our country such as jobs, welfare and birthright citizenship. Those are the incentives that need to be removed and that in turn will return jobs to Americans, lessen our taxes and not make a mockery out of our citizenship anymore. Fewer illegal aliens here means less that might vote in our elections illegally also.
Your right and I know that, although I do thank you for pointing it out, but I was just making a point on how corrupt both sides are...they are both doing this, otherwise, one or the other would be doing as you say, wouldn't they? Yet the only candidate that touched on this was Caine, and as another here pointed out, was it true? But all the other people didn't like what Caine was saying about illegals...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 10:30 AM
 
18,107 posts, read 16,448,492 times
Reputation: 9747
Its largely in part to overspending by the school districts. They go overboard building and then can only raise taxes so high and then can no longer afford the debt. Or they overburden the school system with too many teachers and staff. In Reading they've been top heavy with administrators many of whom were nailed for extravagant spending on things like dinners and catered meetings. Or they have dozens of laptop computers stolen. Then there's all the bilingual and remedial teachers they need and the problem of overcrowding from keeping students in school until they're 21... due to their not making any real effort to pass or learn. Let them have a choice of two classes after the age of 18: ditch digging or picking up trash and let them try to earn a GED on their own.
Then there's the real problem of the tax burden not being shared by everyone. Homeowners and busines spay taxes but renting families pay nothing. They want to do away with the property tax and make it a sales tax and that would help a lot of people.

But most aren't illegal. Puerto ricans are american citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top