U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-13-2012, 07:09 AM
 
25,476 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Reputation: 15343

Advertisements

I don't know about other states, but I do know about PA, and a lot of Philadelphia schools and surrounding area schools are having to close they're doors b/c they are broke.

So, how many illegals are attending our schools? They're parents are not paying taxes....so what is wrong with this picture?

This is literally breaking down are systems, and no one seems to be asking this question? Can you imagine how much more money our government, communities and schools would have if every illegal would have to pay taxes? How do they get away with this?

I mean, how stupid can American's be? And yet, they are allowed to vote???????? This is so unfair to American's who are legal and have worked hard to become legal??

Sorry, please correct me if I'm wrong in any of these statements...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-13-2012, 07:13 AM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,136,036 times
Reputation: 11576
The government WANTS them here. They WANT the illegal Mexicans here. That's why they get away with everything that they do. The Democrats and Republicans want the illegals here. This isn't just a Democrat vs. Republican thing since Eric Holder and Alberto Gonzales were both pro-illegal immigration. Also, the US government's various administrations actually coordinate with the Mexican government so that companies here in the US accept the Mexican matricula ID card as valid ID. Make no mistake, this isn't a case of incompetence. The entire federal government, includes both parties, encourages and promotes illegal immigration, specifically from Mexico
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 07:16 AM
 
25,476 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Reputation: 15343
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The government WANTS them here. They WANT the illegal Mexicans here. That's why they get away with everything that they do. The Democrats and Republicans want the illegals here. This isn't just a Democrat vs. Republican thing since Eric Holder and Alberto Gonzales were both pro-illegal immigration. Also, the US government's various administrations actually coordinate with the Mexican government so that companies here in the US accept the Mexican matricula ID card as valid ID. Make no mistake, this isn't a case of incompetence. The entire federal government, includes both parties, encourages and promotes illegal immigration, specifically from Mexico
Then why aren't our people calling the government on this? I mean it, it's time...our government is so freakin corrupt....both sides...it's not one against the other. Yanno, and perhaps you know about this...I heard, no, I read that the Government, behind our backs aligned with Canada and Mexico, to become one.....is that true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 07:30 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,103,911 times
Reputation: 2199
I think its going to be another revolution by the people because people are tired of this. Just as the people where tired before 1776. It will take something drastic for it to happen. Maybe a financial crises with a deep recession/depression or something else, but we already have Teas parties forming and other groups that are fed up with their governments around the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 08:00 AM
 
25,476 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Reputation: 15343
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I think its going to be another revolution by the people because people are tired of this. Just as the people where tired before 1776. It will take something drastic for it to happen. Maybe a financial crises with a deep recession/depression or something else, but we already have Teas parties forming and other groups that are fed up with their governments around the world.
well, I know for a fact, that another terrorist attack, would cause drastic financial crises....

but that is another example, and since this is my thread, I'm going to tell you it's ok to go off on other issues, b/c they are all related to corruptness in this country...

OK, Companies are getting away from paying pensions...telling people to invest in the stock market...but what never ceases to amaze me, is, while people gamble they're money away putting it in the stock market...b/c the market crashes every so many years...have you noted that? I'd rather put my hard earned money in savings. Might not make as much, but I don't stand to loose as much either.

But greed is also keeping the illegals here...greed for power, b/c there are so many kinds of greed.

The tea party, is not enough. What has to happen is EVERYONE become active in complaining and hounding they're representatives...but they won't. Why do you think special interest groups have so much power? Because, yes, they have money, but they are not afraid to speak out.

When they raise gas prices on stupid speculations that there is an uprising in the middle east? I mean come on? Speculation??????? Why don't people really get angry and tell them they have got to stop this...I mean, gas prices going up only makes the CEO's richer...they want to maintain they're lifestyles at our expense?

Same with Washington...they want the illegal's votes, which should paint a picture to EVERYONE just how corrupt our nation is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 08:41 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't know about other states, but I do know about PA, and a lot of Philadelphia schools and surrounding area schools are having to close they're doors b/c they are broke.

So, how many illegals are attending our schools? They're parents are not paying taxes....so what is wrong with this picture?

This is literally breaking down are systems, and no one seems to be asking this question? Can you imagine how much more money our government, communities and schools would have if every illegal would have to pay taxes? How do they get away with this?

I mean, how stupid can American's be? And yet, they are allowed to vote???????? This is so unfair to American's who are legal and have worked hard to become legal??

Sorry, please correct me if I'm wrong in any of these statements...
You are wrong that they don't pay any taxes however they don't pay enough taxes to cover their social costs such as education and healthcare.

It isn't that they are allowed to vote it is just that where there are no voter ID laws that possibility exists.

I just want them deported either involuntarily or voluntarily as our laws demand. I would like to see all the incentives being removed for their continued presence and entry into our country such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 08:49 AM
 
25,476 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Reputation: 15343
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You are wrong that they don't pay any taxes however they don't pay enough taxes to cover their social costs such as education and healthcare.

It isn't that they are allowed to vote it is just that where there are no voter ID laws that possibility exists.

I just want them deported either involuntarily or voluntarily as our laws demand. I would like to see all the incentives being removed for their continued presence and entry into our country such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship.

I didn't know they paid some taxes? Years ago, when I waitressed part time, and I waitressed a whole lot of places, I remember watching the manager on pay day hand them envelopes with money....

I'm with you, on the deported part...I have a girlfriend, boy you should hear her...she came to this country, worked her way up the ladder, learned the language...(it really makes me angry that everything is in spanish, even TV channels...) anyway, she becomes livid. I have no problem with anyone coming to this country, as long as they work to become an American citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 08:55 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I didn't know they paid some taxes? Years ago, when I waitressed part time, and I waitressed a whole lot of places, I remember watching the manager on pay day hand them envelopes with money....

I'm with you, on the deported part...I have a girlfriend, boy you should hear her...she came to this country, worked her way up the ladder, learned the language...(it really makes me angry that everything is in spanish, even TV channels...) anyway, she becomes livid. I have no problem with anyone coming to this country, as long as they work to become an American citizen.
They pay sales taxes and property taxes if they own or rent a residence. However, many live with so many in one household with numerous kids that the property taxes they pay don't cover the educational costs for all these kids in one household. Some even pay income taxes but with a fake or stolen ID. However, since they are at the low income level with many dependants their tax liablility is zero and in fact many times get back more money than they paid in.

Add to that the taxpayer footing the bill for their birthings and all other medical and social costs and you have a recipe for bankrupting our states and federal government. The loss of American jobs to them is another negative factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 10:46 AM
 
25,476 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Reputation: 15343
Quote:
chicagonut However, since they are at the low income level with many dependants their tax liablility is zero and in fact many times get back more money than they paid in.
That's what I'm talking about, how in the world can that be? Our systems are failing...schools are closing down? And our government doesn't give a hoot??????

Quote:
Add to that the taxpayer footing the bill for their birthings and all other medical and social costs and you have a recipe for bankrupting our states and federal government. The loss of American jobs to them is another negative factor.
that is why some hospitals had to close....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2012, 02:08 PM
 
5,785 posts, read 2,967,944 times
Reputation: 5809
A report came out last year showing that 80% of illegals are on SOME FORM of welfare or entitlement----money coming from us taxpayers. And then the majority of the money they make gets sent back to Mexico---it is the second biggest revenue for the country after oil and gas. So who cares if they pay a little sales tax.

If our parents generation was The Greatest Generation, we will surely go down as The Stupidest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top