Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:56 PM

865 posts, read 623,209 times

Advertisements

I can't believe this isn't being discussed!!

Who does this guy think he is!! Does the Constitution not apply to him??

He can't get the Dream Act through Congress so he decides to just "do it"? Wow!!! This would have been SO convenient to EVERY previous administration!!!

News to Obama!! That's what the founders intended!! You're not KING!!!

Obama's move on immigration is an unconstitutional disaster for the unemployed | Fox News

Old 06-16-2012, 12:10 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
1.) There already is a lengthy discussion of this topic. They tell me that the "search" function can be helpful. Or, alternatively, I've heard that "scrolling" through the latest topics may be helpful.

2.) Any thread that links Fox or MSNBC as a source is automatically disqualified.

3.) Executive Orders are what they are - they are not unconstitutional and they have been issued since 1789!

4.) This change in policies is a far cry from the Dream Act.

To answer your questions:

a.) I am guessing that he thinks he is the President of the United States, a father, a husband, a human being, and a few other things.
b.) Of course it does - how does an Executive Order violate the Constitution?
c.) He didn't just "do it." The Dream Act provides a path to citizenship. This policy change does no such thing. Read it before you are so outraged. Once you've read, try to think about what this policy does and does not do.

I also have the slight feeling that legal experts in the White House have a somewhat better understanding of "what the founding fathers intended" than you and I. It is their job and they tend to spent years and years brooding over nothing other than legal issues.

I doubt that Obama thinks he is King. The title of "King" is generally granted through the right of succession. Obama was elected to be POTUS. Granted, I have no idea if his father was ever a King, but I have my doubts.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:20 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
1.) There already is a lengthy discussion of this topic. They tell me that the "search" function can be helpful. Or, alternatively, I've heard that "scrolling" through the latest topics may be helpful.

2.) Any thread that links Fox or MSNBC as a source is automatically disqualified.

3.) Executive Orders are what they are - they are not unconstitutional and they have been issued since 1789!

4.) This change in policies is a far cry from the Dream Act.

To answer your questions:

a.) I am guessing that he thinks he is the President of the United States, a father, a husband, a human being, and a few other things.
b.) Of course it does - how does an Executive Order violate the Constitution?
c.) He didn't just "do it." The Dream Act provides a path to citizenship. This policy change does no such thing. Read it before you are so outraged. Once you've read, try to think about what this policy does and does not do.

I also have the slight feeling that legal experts in the White House have a somewhat better understanding of "what the founding fathers intended" than you and I. It is their job and they tend to spent years and years brooding over nothing other than legal issues.

I doubt that Obama thinks he is King. The title of "King" is generally granted through the right of succession. Obama was elected to be POTUS. Granted, I have no idea if his father was ever a King, but I have my doubts.
Oh please. What a load of horse crap. Anyone with half a brain can understand what our founding fathers wanted. It's not necessarily what government of today wants, and lots of deals and money exchanges hands. I wouldn't put all of my trust in to those in the White House.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:34 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
King;comrade leader ;whatever you like

Old 06-16-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I wouldn't put all of my trust in to those in the White House.
I am not suggesting that you do. As you, perhaps, have gleaned from your participation on this forum, everybody is an expert. And every C-D expert knows one thing: Real experts are crooks who don't know squat.

Psychologist don't know squat.
Teachers don't know squat.
Biologists don't know squat.
White House legal advisors don't know squat.

And this is just another case of it. For you, it is sufficient to have half a brain to understand what the founding fathers intended. No problem. However, the White House legal team clearly can't have a clue - perhaps because they have more than half a brain?

Old 06-16-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
King;comrade leader ;whatever you like
I like "President." It has a nice ring to it.

Perhaps you could try to live under a "comrade leader" for a while. I am certain that you will re-evaluate your usage of that term afterwards.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
I am not suggesting that you do. As you, perhaps, have gleaned from your participation on this forum, everybody is an expert. And every C-D expert knows one thing: Real experts are crooks who don't know squat.

Psychologist don't know squat.
Teachers don't know squat.
Biologists don't know squat.
White House legal advisors don't know squat.

And this is just another case of it. For you, it is sufficient to have half a brain to understand what the founding fathers intended. No problem. However, the White House legal team clearly can't have a clue - perhaps because they have more than half a brain?
Wow, your post said a whole lot of nothing.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Wow, your post said a whole lot of nothing.
I am SOOOO not surprised.

Imagine what you could do if you had more than half a brain. Alas, as it stands, you are stuck at knowing what the founding fathers wanted. It's something, at least.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
I am SOOOO not surprised.

Imagine what you could do if you had more than half a brain. Alas, as it stands, you are stuck at knowing what the founding fathers wanted. It's something, at least.
Again, more nothingness. Get back to me when you want a real debate.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Again, more nothingness. Get back to me when you want a real debate.
What's the point? You reported that you are unable to understand a simple statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration