U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 04:38 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
All he's done is allow them work permits for 2 years.

That's it.

No backdoor amnesty, he's just stealing jobs from natural born American citizens.

As I created a thread a couple of days ago about the lack of jobs for teens this summer because they've all gone to "aliens".

He's just upped the competition on the natives.
Bingo. If I was Romney I'd hit Obama on this point over and over.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:07 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Per the constitution only the federal government has the power to deport.

Anyway I wish congress would pass a comprehensive immigration reform but I will accept this as a temporary solution.
No one is saying that the states have the power to deport. What they want to do is to be able to question one's status in this country when a viable ID can't be provided under legal contact aka sb1070. They can then call ICE (the feds) and they have the power to deport them.

CIR is just another term for amnesty. It failed before so why do it again especially since this time around we have at least quaduple the number of illegal aliens as in 1986, we are in a recession and there are no jobs. This is no temporary or permanent solution for the American people and only our wishes should be abided by along with our laws.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
There are jobs out there. Just jobs that people either aren't qualified for or that they just don't want to do. The whole "there are no jobs" chant is garbage. There are jobs out there.
So you think illegal aliens are only doing jobs that Americans won't do? Talk about garbage!

Old 06-15-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Nah, only those who incorrectly think this policy change means amnesty of illegal immigrants. Those who understand that this isn't always a black-or-white issue can generally make concessions.

Personally, I have no problem with a young person who came to the US as a child, grew up here, went to school here, and who served in the US military being granted deferral of deportation and a route to becoming a legal resident.

I also have no problem with a young person who came to the US as a child and who benefitted from our educational system, who is bright, has never done anything wrong being offered a deferral of deportation and a route to becoming a legal resident and give back to the country.

This outrage over falsely exaggerated policies is quite tiring...
It is rewarding their parents. Plain and simple. They already received an education on our dime it is time for them and their parents to return to their homelands. We have no shortage of young Americans that want to go to college, get a job and serve in our military. Giving them, and you can bet their parents will be given amnesty along the line somewhere also with all the cries of the "separation of families". This in turn will triple that number that will be given amensty. When does it end? It also encourages more illegal parents to enter our country waiting for the next amnesty for their famiies.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-15-2012 at 06:12 PM..

Old 06-15-2012, 05:28 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,855,551 times

Rush: "Catch, Release, Vote." Obama To Grant Immunity To Young Illegals - YouTube

Old 06-15-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Fining them a couple thousand bucks for an illegal is nothing. They dont care. Some gladly pay it, and go right back out and hire another. Other businesses intentionally "turn in" a few illegals they hired to get the feds off their back every now and then.

You have got to be kidding me. These places are actively recruiting in Mexico and central America, intentionally fudging or not filling out employment forms, etc etc.

This is outright bull crap. You are now going to blame the personel department for the owners greed? Personel departments have no skin in the game, they are doing exactly what they are told by the owners.

Illegals are guilty, not questioning that. What Im saying is trying to round up millions of people, who

1. Are just going to come right back
2. Are experts at staying under the radar

Is largely a lost cause.

You need to target the reasons they are coming, and then they will naturally stop. That is a whole lot easier of task.

You shut down a few businesses and seize all of their assets when an illegal is found, theyll stop real quick.
None of what I stated is bullcrap. There were well known cases where it was the personnel department that was guilty. One in particular I remember where the personnel manager was a Hispanic hiring illegal Hispanics.

No one has denied or objected to going after the employers but I have told you in my prior post is the truth. Far too many only want to hold the employers guilty. When the illegal aliens are just as guilty. They know what they are doing is unlawful but they do it anyway. Let's stop treating them like children that don't know right from wrong. They and the employers are equally guilty!

Old 06-15-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Now, for a little truth and honesty, not that it will matter to the OMG OBAMA crowd because they won't believe it anyhow. If fact, they CAN'T believe it or FOX and Rush and WorldNutDaily are wrong. And, they are wrong too. Who wants to admit they've been swindled and conned, right?

Fact: In the past 3 years, 1.1 MILLION illegals have been deported, including nearly 400,000 just last year alone, an all-time record. 55% of them were criminals convicted of something in this country.

Nearly 400,000 illegal immigrants deported - UPI.com

Now...take a moment to understand that this is NOT catch and release, as previous administrations have done. Under catch and release, a caught illegal is simply taken back to the border and no records are kept of his apprehension. He's free to come right back. Under a legal deportation, however, his name goes into a computer data base and if he's caught here again, he'll go to prison for a very long time.

Fact: Obama has doubled the number of agents on the border from 2004 levels. Doubled them.

PolitiFact | Obama says border patrol has doubled the number of agents since 2004

Fact: Arrests at the border were up 14% in the past 2 years.

Fact: 31% more drugs and 63% more weapons were seized at the border.

Fact: The fence is now complete for 650 miles. That's nearly the entirety of our 673 mile land border with Mexico. The rest of the border is on rivers or lakes.

Partisan Spin Denies Obama Credit for Immigration Success - The Daily Beast

The "flood" of illegals has been reduced to a trickle. So much so that border security agencies such as ICE and Homeland Security are now switching much of their efforts to stopping inbound terrorists or weapons of mass destruction.

The Obama administration is doing so well that immigration advocates are calling his efforts a "failure" because illegals are simply NOT getting through any more and too many of them are being deported. To those who favor illegal immigration, that's a bad thing.

Obama's Deportation Policies Have Failed, Immigrant Advocates Say | Minnesota Public Radio News

For the first time in a long time, we have a President who is actually effectively closing the borders to illegals. Instead of offering lip service to the idea as Bush, Clinton, Bush and Reagan did, he's actually set out to do it.

But, does he get credit for it? Heavens no! The OMG OBAMA Brigade can NEVER admit he's doing something right, even when he is!
Even if all of this were true (but it isn't) this justifies giving over a million of them up to date a back door amnesty without congresses approval?

Old 06-15-2012, 05:41 PM

22,243 posts, read 14,737,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Bingo. If I was Romney I'd hit Obama on this point over and over.
I think Mitt should jump all over them illegs, like he did during the primaries. But, alas, he is doing what Rubio told him to do, flip/flop to Rubio's idea.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
So if you don't agree with conservative views you "hate America"? And you guys accuse the Obama administration of being divisive.

I'm not pro illegal immigration but I also don't think there is anything wrong with being humane and understanding that these are people and deporting them would ruin their lives. Other people matter to me. It's sad that that's not the case for everyone.
What about the American lives that have been ruined by illegal immigration? Don't they count? How would their lives be ruined by being deported to their own countries? It is the parents that put their kids in this position. They are the inhumane ones that so-called ruined their kids lives, not our country.

Since when is the enforcement of our immigration a conservative view? Aren't all Americans regardless of party affiliation obligated to respect them? I would say that those who don't respect our immigration laws must hate our country not those who honor them.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
This is obviously a stunt to get Hispanics on his side leading up to the election. Regardless, it's a "stunt" tha I agree with. I don't support illegal immigration, but I certainly understand why it happens. In the case of these young people, they were brought to the US before they turned 16 and are caught in a legal limbo. They live in the only country they have ever known and could be forced back to a country they know nothing about. These young people shouldn't be penalized for crimes their parents committed.

It should also be noted that the number of illegal immigrants deported under Obama has greatly increased since the Bush administration.
I look at it this way instead. The parents shouldn't be rewarded for breaking our immigration laws not that their kids are being punished. The whole family can go back to their homelands where they belong. Is that what you call punishment? Oh, the horror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or