U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 05:47 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
All he's done is allow them work permits for 2 years.

That's it.

No backdoor amnesty, he's just stealing jobs from natural born American citizens.

As I created a thread a couple of days ago about the lack of jobs for teens this summer because they've all gone to "aliens".

He's just upped the competition on the natives.
Actually he allowed them "indefinite renewable" work permits. That is amnesty.

Obama Immigration Deportation Changes: Administration giving immunity to some young illegals | abc7chicago.com
They also can apply for a work permit that will be good for two years with no limits on how many times it can be renewed.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:54 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
This news item in from a few moments ago.......In a closed door meeting at an undisclosed location Mitt Romney thanked President Obama today for providing him and others like him an almost limitless supply of low cost expendable labor.

Despite overwhelming criticism against allowing 800,000 illegal children a free ride legally into the U.S. labor market Obama was seen shrugging his shoulders and whispering into Mitt Romney's ear.
You got a link to this breaking story? I thought not. If you think it is only rich Republicans who hire cheap, illegal labor then you are very wrong. Of course Obama and the Democrats are pandering and giving away our country for votes but that's ok I guess?

Old 06-15-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obama got testy with the White House Press Corps. for a reporter attempting to ask a question. Yet, Obama did not allow any questions, just made his statement about his immigration move today and walked away.

Reporter Heckles Obama During Immigration Speech | RealClearPolitics
Of course, because he knew he betrayed the American people and didn't want to have to answer why.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think Mitt should jump all over them illegs, like he did during the primaries. But, alas, he is doing what Rubio told him to do, flip/flop to Rubio's idea.
Not true. Romney said he is only reviewing Rubio's Dream Act plan. He has not committed to it nor approved it.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:13 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,647,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Not true. Romney said he is only reviewing Rubio's Dream Act plan. He has not committed to it nor approved it.
Romney is not going to do a damn thing about the illegal immigration situation in this country.

Wake up.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:16 PM

5,903 posts, read 6,354,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
LOL - nothing quite like such an announcement to make the hearts of republicans skip a beat in anger and disgust.
.....and quite a few democrats.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Romney is not going to do a damn thing about the illegal immigration situation in this country.

Wake up.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't have a crystal ball but he is a lot better choice than Obama who has proven to have turned his back on the American people.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:23 PM

2,847 posts, read 1,851,024 times
it is all about politics, certainly not how one should operate in a constitutional republic.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:39 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,463,933 times
I made this up as a parody to show that both Republicans and Democrat's are in bed with one another concerning the illegal problem you stupid idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You got a link to this breaking story? I thought not. If you think it is only rich Republicans who hire cheap, illegal labor then you are very wrong. Of course Obama and the Democrats are pandering and giving away our country for votes but that's ok I guess?

Old 06-15-2012, 06:41 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think Mitt should jump all over them illegs, like he did during the primaries. But, alas, he is doing what Rubio told him to do, flip/flop to Rubio's idea.
I fear you're right. They are so scared of offending the Latino vote, a group with the worst turnout rates and concentrated in states that lean one way or another wit a few exceptions. My guide to this "power" of the Latino vote is Jan Brewer. The woman signed what was considered the most restrictive immigration law in the country. The Left was fired up, the president chimed in and the state is a 1/3 Latino. She won by 20 points without even trying much.

By hitting immigration hard he could make a good run at white working class voters in the Midwest. He needs to find some good advisers and quick. He doesn't have to be a hard liner he could just say something like this,

"but I'm sympathetic to the concerns of these kids, my number one goal right now is getting Americans back to work. I don't see how this accomplishes that, in fact it makes it worse."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or