U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-15-2012, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Out West
20,789 posts, read 15,536,796 times
Reputation: 24322

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh God, let's blame Bush or Reagan for that matter. We are talking about now, not the past. bTW, Reagan had a reason for what he did, he signed a bill and didn't do this on his own and eventually regretted signing the bill. Do you remember that or did you know it?

Nita
Nita, you know that's the lunatic liberal way. If "their guy" does something that ticks people off, they resort to, 'But what about YOUR guy..." instead of seeing, like an ADULT, that people on both sides are ticked off at BOTH PARTIES! They can't argue anything except, "But..but...but what about BUSH?!!?!?!?" Don't even give them the time of day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
There are jobs out there. Just jobs that people either aren't qualified for or that they just don't want to do. The whole "there are no jobs" chant is garbage. There are jobs out there.
Wrong. You are SO wrong on this. MANY would LOVE to work at all, but they can't because a company can hire some illegal and pay them half or less than what they would the legal citizen. It's not that they don't want those jobs, it's that businesses won't hire them because they can't pay them so cheaply. Man, fricken sheeple make me sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
It's sickening. You are exactly right. It's like the lowest common denominator of Mexico and hispanics that are coming to our country,breeding and sucking down our social welfare system. I see it day in and day out. I have every right to talk and judge these people as my wife and I who were BORN in this country, followed the rules, and the laws and have responsibly planned out our family, established ourselves financially and are about to start our own family are living in little Mexico where we CONSTANTLY see young hispanic families breeding like rabbits with 5 kids all under the age of ten. My wife works full time as do I. Yet I see these mothers staying at home with their kids while dad goes off to his menial laborious $10 an hour job. I know for a FACT what these illegals or otherwise are doing to our hospitals as I work in one. My hospital gives away TONS of free care to illegals and hispanics who can't support themselves. In fact we have just had to lay off a part of our workforce because we are losing money. I don't even know how we stay in business to be honest. Hospitals ALL over our country are losing money. And guess when the last time I was in the hospital???????? LOL NEVER! Yet I see all these hispanic noncompliant diabetics, trauma cases, illegal mothers giving birth. And just about EVERY hispanic patient who is getting free healthcare has HUGE families they obviously can't support.

It's INFURIATING to say the least! I'm done. I thought I could be accepting and compassionate about the hispanic problem and illegals but I can't. They purposely come here and suck off the American tax payer. Half of hispancis or more think the southwest belongs to them, f@#k the gringos! It's our land! They will tell this to you to your face in California!
This is what those who support this b.s. don't understand. They think it doesn't affect them. Then they whine and cry for healthcare reform. 'We tried it your way.' NO! THIS is one of the damn reasons fricken healthcare costs are so DAMN HIGH! This right here! You want affordable healthcare for all? GET RID OF THE ILLEGALS who get care and don't pay their damn bills! That would be a GREAT start!

And if you support this, don't ***** the next time you spend 8 hours in an E/R waiting for your turn...you're waiting behind people who can't afford healthcare and ILLEGALS! And those who can't afford healthcare are there because of ILLEGALS sucking the system dry.


Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Don't forget a work visa entitles you to unemployment and food stamps...way to add to the problem Obama
ANOTHER burden on society that those who support this just don't get. You whine when tax season comes around...that's your own dang fault. SOMEONE has to pay for all of the illegals sucking down our resources!

I say we should have everyone in this country sign a piece of paper. You either "support" illegals or you do not. If you say you support them, YOU pay for them! Leave the rest of us out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He doesn't support going around the country and trying to find them all, which I'm sure we can all agree is infeasible...
All they have to do is a) open their eyes, b) go to Home Depot early in the morning and check out who is hanging around on the corners, c) ask the locals! They'll tell you where they are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So you think illegal aliens are only doing jobs that Americans won't do? Talk about garbage!
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is rewarding their parents. Plain and simple. They already received an education on our dime it is time for them and their parents to return to their homelands. We have no shortage of young Americans that want to go to college, get a job and serve in our military. Giving them, and you can bet their parents will be given amnesty along the line somewhere also with all the cries of the "separation of families". This in turn will triple that number that will be given amensty. When does it end? It also encourages more illegal parents to enter our country waiting for the next amnesty for their famiies.
Agreed again! Exactly! People cannot see the bigger picture. They only think of poor little illegal child who has it bad in their country needing to come here. NO! If you want to help the children and less fortunate in other countries, get up off of your butt and go do something in that other country to help. You do NOT bring them all here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Romney is not going to do a damn thing about the illegal immigration situation in this country.

Wake up.
Agreed. HOWEVER, with this latest stunt by St. Hope and Change, I'll have to reverse my prediction of the election. This will get Mittens elected. Too many people are fed up with illegal immigration and having this tool shed in office declare he's NOT going to deport almost a million of them is going to be a big, fat nail in his re-election coffin.

Also, keep in mind, it's not just Mexicans. There's a TON of illegals from Central America, South America as well as Europe! Illegal immigrant is illegal and a burden and NOT welcome no matter where they come from. Come here, go through the process as have many hundreds of thousands before, and America welcomes you.

Entering this country illegally means one has already broken the law! There are laws already on the books for this! What is this moron talking about that he can't "make a new law" when he wants? We HAVE those laws already!

Finally, to everyone: This ticks you off? You're infuriated? Stop supporting companies that hire illegals. Stop whining about the damn price on everything. You want cheap? How else ya gonna get it? Quit bitching and moaning about the price of a head of lettuce, pay the higher price, reward those farmers and ranchers who do NOT hire illegals and maybe those companies will start to get the idea.

Don't hire lawn companies or maid services or anything else that has illegals. Get rid of them! Do not support them just because their prices are cheaper. We ALL have a hand in this.

 
Old 06-15-2012, 10:58 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
LOL...........First off, we are talking 800,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And these are supposedly "kids" or "young people". That means there have got to be atleast twice as many adults who have given birth to these illegal children. Pathetic! America has become a joke! Again we are talking more than half a million people, not just 80K. It's pathetic all these illegals are getting into this country, staying in this country, and giving birth to their own illegal anchor babies. So many of these young people that won't be deported are stealing jobs of US citizens. What about all the troops coming home in the next few years? Go Obongo you epic loser!
White House to halt deportation of young illegal immigrants | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
I hate to be the one to tell you that you are naive -- but when it's all said and done, it's going to be many many more than 800,000 illegals with new work visas.

Age 18-30 is the biggest share of the population of illegals living and mooching here. Many are already parents and grandparents, and of course the "undocumented" have no documents to prove anything so a whole big slew of them will be coming over the border to cash in on this amnesty.
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5288
It was a genius move against Romney who was probably going to pick Rubio as the VP. This basically steals Rubio's plan in Florida and implements it, now what will Robme and Rubio do? haha

LOL @ Rubio may not introduce his immigration legislation after Obama announcement - Political Hotsheet - CBS News


Politics aside, it was also the most humane thing to do.
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 PM
 
18,856 posts, read 30,561,955 times
Reputation: 25999
I thought Obama was a law professor and constitutional scholar. Since when can the Executive branch unilaterally make determinations regarding issues concerning the judicial and legislative branches? This is also a homeland security issue as well.

This is not making much sense to me...me thinks this was a political move that could backfire....if anyone has the cojones to make an issue.....I know Romney is snipped on this.....he won't say a word. He is too busy sniffing Rubio's tail.
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:34 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I thought Obama was a law professor and constitutional scholar. Since when can the Executive branch unilaterally make determinations regarding issues concerning the judicial and legislative branches? This is also a homeland security issue as well.

This is not making much sense to me...me thinks this was a political move that could backfire....if anyone has the cojones to make an issue.....I know Romney is snipped on this.....he won't say a word. He is too busy sniffing Rubio's tail.
Time for a civics lesson I think.

Under Article II of the Constitution, the President is responsible for the execution and enforcement of the laws created by Congress.
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:52 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Time for a civics lesson I think.

Under Article II of the Constitution, the President is responsible for the execution and enforcement of the laws created by Congress.
That's right, he is supposed to make sure the laws of this country are enforced and instead he's rewarding law breakers. There is absolutely no benefit to the American people in this, but he's not doing this for the American people, he's doing this because he believes it's a great source of votes.
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:54 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's right, he is supposed to make sure the laws of this country are enforced and instead he's rewarding law breakers. There is absolutely no benefit to the American people in this, but he's not doing this for the American people, he's doing this because he believes it's a great source of votes.
He can also "not enforce" the laws. Oh and don't forget Rubio was going to do the exact same thing.

Many believe it is the right thing to do, including myself.
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:56 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
He can also "not enforce" the laws.

Oh and don't forget Rubio was going to do the exact same thing.
No he cannot, he promised to uphold the laws of this nation.

He also made some long-forgotten promise that he was going to create jobs for the American people. He's instead giving jobs away to foreigners here illegally. It's also going to be a whole lot more than 800,000 that get in on this amnesty because the bulk of the illegals here are age 18-30 and many more to soon arrive.
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:58 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No he cannot, he promised to uphold the laws of this nation.

He also made some long-forgotten promise that he was going to create jobs for the American people. He's instead giving jobs away to foreigners here illegally. It's also going to be a whole lot more than 800,000 that get in on this amnesty because the bulk of the illegals here are age 18-30 and many more to soon arrive.
Under the Constitution the President may decline to enforce a statute that regulates private individuals when the President deems the statute unconstitutional, even if a court has held or would hold the statute constitutional.

They are here already and taking jobs, don't know which realm of reality you are in.
 
Old 06-16-2012, 12:01 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,778,507 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Time for a civics lesson I think.

Under Article II of the Constitution, the President is responsible for the execution and enforcement of the laws created by Congress.
Thats Right, And an Executive Order is Not execution and enforcement. It carries about as much weight as
the toilet paper it's written on. This will blow up in Obama's face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top