U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 04:39 PM

3,148 posts, read 3,211,683 times

Advertisements

I am from immigrant background myself> I know very well the rules. Not every immigrant gets SS, medicaid, unemployment, benefits, food stamps after 5 years. Especially those on any kind of visas, no way. You are misinformed, spreading wrong information even though your wife is immigrant. First of all understand this that LPR means Green Card- there is a difference between a legal immigrant on visa in USA and on green card in USA. A legal immigrant can be in US on visas like F-1(student visa). H-1B(work visa) and also dependents/spouse of various student, working or visiting visa. For people on any category of legal visas, you are not eligible for any kind of benefits, wlefare etc. even after 5, 10, 15 years. a person can be on H-4 visa or F-2 Visa for 5 years(given to spouse of foreign worker or student) is not even given social security number, leave benefits.
Another thing, the option of not paying Social security, medicare is not given to foreign employees, I know it very well, I am paying into SS and medicare even though I am not a citizen of USA. and only way I get it back is if I become citizen of USA in future. otherwise just pay and leave. understand that there are 3 types of foreigners in USA-one who has green card, one who are here on legal visas and those who are illegals. Please check again if you know anyone who is on visa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You might try checking your sources, Federal law even states that immigrants after 5 years are entitled to welfare, etc., there is no citizen only requirement. LPR's can receive federal aid and state welfare after being here legally for 5 years, so can asylees, immigrants on parole, i.e. refugees, aliens with orders of dportation withheld, etc. http://www.utexas.edu/lbj/uscir/respapers/iot-jul97.pdf Please attempt to understand exactly what it states.

Those here working on visas can opt to have SS withheld and sent to their home nation, they can also have it kept here and apply later from their home nation or if they are granted LPR status here can apply for it here, they can even opt to not have it withheld from their paychecks. My wife is an immigrant, so please, don't think you hold the bag on understanding the reules/laws, obviously you don't know what you think you do.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:41 PM

101 posts, read 233,679 times
Of course!
I mean how could Obama not be a politician & not give up the opportunity for about 600,000 of those Illegal immigrants becoming Democrat voters?

I mean why would Mitt Romney heartly object to this either? I mean these Illegals help corporations & rich people pay out lower wages to employees duh.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:53 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,621,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
LOL...........First off, we are talking 800,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And these are supposedly "kids" or "young people". That means there have got to be at least twice as many adults who have given birth to these illegal children. Pathetic! America has become a joke! Again we are talking more than half a million people, not just 80K. It's pathetic all these illegals are getting into this country, staying in this country, and giving birth to their own illegal anchor babies. So many of these young people that won't be deported are stealing jobs of US citizens. What about all the troops coming home in the next few years? Go Obongo you epic loser!
White House to halt deportation of young illegal immigrants | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
YEA !think he forgot the fact that he swore an oath to uphold "OUR" constitution! , and I just think I read some where in it that illegals who are here without proper identification were breaking some kind of "OUR" laws! and its his job as "OUR PRESIDENT" to do the job he is taking "OUR" money for. So If he will not do the job he was elected to then we all know what needs to be done>

Old 06-17-2012, 05:22 PM

25,346 posts, read 37,490,972 times
I think Obama wants to provide greencards to illegal nieces and nephews...his aunt was illegaly here so probably more family members are here illegal...!

Old 06-17-2012, 05:24 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussar1683 View Post
Of course!
I mean how could Obama not be a politician & not give up the opportunity for about 600,000 of those Illegal immigrants becoming Democrat voters?

I mean why would Mitt Romney heartly object to this either? I mean these Illegals help corporations & rich people pay out lower wages to employees duh.
Right, and Republicans are the only rich business owners in this country, right? There are no rich Democrrat business owners hiring illegal aliens.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:32 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Right, and Republicans are the only rich business owners in this country, right? There are no rich Democrrat business owners hiring illegal aliens.
That's right. None whatsoever. ONLY Republicans hire illegals.
That's why the globalist Dems gave them amnesty..to free them from the shackles of the Republicans.

But, now that we have nearly 1.5 million more "workers" I DO NOT WANT to hear any of the globalist Dems crying to "create jobs". Go and create your own jobs now.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:51 PM

22,243 posts, read 14,739,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You might try checking your sources, Federal law even states that immigrants after 5 years are entitled to welfare, etc., there is no citizen only requirement. LPR's can receive federal aid and state welfare after being here legally for 5 years, so can asylees, immigrants on parole, i.e. refugees, aliens with orders of dportation withheld, etc. http://www.utexas.edu/lbj/uscir/respapers/iot-jul97.pdf Please attempt to understand exactly what it states.

Those here working on visas can opt to have SS withheld and sent to their home nation, they can also have it kept here and apply later from their home nation or if they are granted LPR status here can apply for it here, they can even opt to not have it withheld from their paychecks. My wife is an immigrant, so please, don't think you hold the bag on understanding the reules/laws, obviously you don't know what you think you do.
Wow, you are fact challenged, huh?

Illegal immigrants on welfare: fact or fiction? | Immigration Chronicles | a Chron.com blog

Old 06-17-2012, 06:00 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
But anchor babies can.

Anchor babies cost Los Angeles welfare $600 million last year - San Diego County Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Old 06-17-2012, 09:37 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
I am from immigrant background myself> I know very well the rules. Not every immigrant gets SS, medicaid, unemployment, benefits, food stamps after 5 years. Especially those on any kind of visas, no way. You are misinformed, spreading wrong information even though your wife is immigrant. First of all understand this that LPR means Green Card- there is a difference between a legal immigrant on visa in USA and on green card in USA. A legal immigrant can be in US on visas like F-1(student visa). H-1B(work visa) and also dependents/spouse of various student, working or visiting visa. For people on any category of legal visas, you are not eligible for any kind of benefits, wlefare etc. even after 5, 10, 15 years. a person can be on H-4 visa or F-2 Visa for 5 years(given to spouse of foreign worker or student) is not even given social security number, leave benefits.
Another thing, the option of not paying Social security, medicare is not given to foreign employees, I know it very well, I am paying into SS and medicare even though I am not a citizen of USA. and only way I get it back is if I become citizen of USA in future. otherwise just pay and leave. understand that there are 3 types of foreigners in USA-one who has green card, one who are here on legal visas and those who are illegals. Please check again if you know anyone who is on visa.
Let me explain it to you simply. US International SS Agreements U.S. International Social Security Agreements Now please, go read and understand what has been stated by both me and the SSA. Here is one about welfare: Summary of Immigrant Eligibility Restrictions Under Current Law I suggest you understand what "Qualified Aliens" means. Also understand that SSI (Supplemental Security Income: Supplemental Security Income) is not the same as SS (Social Security) deductions. Here lets look at the SNAP Program (food stamps):
A. SNAP Benefits (formerly Food Stamps)

“Qualified aliens” are ineligible for SNAP for a period of 5 years beginning on the date of an alien’s entry into the United States. (Sec 402 (a))
Exceptions to the 5-year ban on SNAP:

I see the date of the aliens entry into the USA, which now gives these DREAM students the "qualification" to receive.

Do I really need to go on showing how little you really know?

Old 06-17-2012, 09:39 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
And you are comprehensibly inept. Please try again, as I never once said illegals can receive welfare!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or