U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 09:59 AM

29,988 posts, read 35,842,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
He knows his falling in the polls, so he is getting desperate. Bypasses Congress to pull this stunt.
This is the structure of the shadow government. Do everything by "rules" via federal bureucracies and cut out the people and their representation in the process.

Please call your elected representatives and tell them that this choosing of which laws to follow and bypassing some altogether for political gain is unacceptable!

Directory of Representatives House.gov

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Old 06-15-2012, 10:00 AM

12,439 posts, read 9,951,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Romney's position on illegal immigration is that he opposes amnesty and opposes the DREAM Act for young illegals who attend college, but supports it for those who join the military. He favors aggressive enforcement of laws prohibiting employing illegals so that illegals will lose their jobs and self-deport.
Well amnesty is a pretty broad word open to different interpretations. Does he support sending all people here illegally back? That is really the topic of the thread and not amnesty.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:00 AM

29,419 posts, read 17,951,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_Garvin View Post
You have to wonder why these illegals don't attempt to go through the legal naturalization process instead of breaking our laws. It shows that they don't respect America right from the get go. There is no reason they can't go through the process like others.
A cousin of mine married an illegal. He was here on a work visa and it expired and he'd been here for eight years and never took the time to do what you say. Simply didn't care. Then he got his second or third DUI, can't remember how many, and was deported last year. According to her it's not fair.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:01 AM

14,969 posts, read 13,761,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well amnesty is a pretty broad word open to different interpretations. Does he support sending all people here illegally back? That is really the topic of the thread and not amnesty.
He doesn't support going around the country and trying to find them all, which I'm sure we can all agree is infeasible. He does support aggressive enforcement of laws prohibiting employing illegals so that illegals will lose their jobs and self-deport. He also supports the border fence and supports requiring employers to use a system like E-verify.

As governor of MA, he vetoed legislation that would have granted in-state tuition to illegals at public colleges and universities. He also started a program that would have allowed state police to enforce immigration laws, but it was not put into place by the end of his term and his successor - Deval Patrick - reversed it.

I'm sure he supports deporting illegals when they are found or arrested for something else.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:02 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_Garvin View Post
You have to wonder why these illegals don't attempt to go through the legal naturalization process instead of breaking our laws. It shows that they don't respect America right from the get go. There is no reason they can't go through the process like others.
Well one of the reasons is that we have annual quotas for legal immigration. There are more immigrants that want to come here than we can accomodate in jobs and resources. Many of those who come here illegally don't qualify so they come here illegally anyways. This has got to stop!

Old 06-15-2012, 10:06 AM

12,439 posts, read 9,951,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He doesn't support going around the country and trying to find them all, which I'm sure we can all agree is infeasible. He does support aggressive enforcement of laws prohibiting employing illegals so that illegals will lose their jobs and self-deport. And he, of course, supports deporting them when they are found or when they are arrested for something else.
I tell you what. If he will come out and put some teeth into the rhetoric, then I would actually vote for him. If he would propose the criminalization of ceo's that hire illegals then hey I am on board. Your company hires an illegal then the person who is in charge goes to jail. If he will do that. I am on board.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:06 AM

33,299 posts, read 14,541,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And don't forget the the rights savior, Reagan, also did nothing to stop this. And yes, most of you are mindless partisan drones. I never heard or saw one complaint from the right when Bush didnt do anything about illegals and if Romney gets, it will be the same, no complaints from the right.
Unlike you and many we agree on some things and disagree on others. Not the left who agree with EVERYTHING a dem Pres. does.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:07 AM

14,969 posts, read 13,761,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I tell you what. If he will come out and put some teeth into the rhetoric, then I would actually vote for him. If he would propose the criminalization of ceo's that hire illegals then hey I am on board. Your company hires an illegal then the person who is in charge goes to jail. If he will do that. I am on board.
Romney is actually the most anti-illegal immigration presidential nominee we've had from either major party since at least the 1970's. The problem is - he's in between a rock and a hard place and can't tout his stance too much because he already has an uphill battle getting support from Hispanics.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:08 AM

29,419 posts, read 17,951,407 times
Obama on the DREAM Act: "I just have to continue to say this notion that somehow I can just change the laws unilaterally is just not true. We are doing everything we can administratively. But the fact of the matter is there are laws on the books that I have to enforce. And I think there's been a great disservice done to the cause of getting the DREAM Act passed and getting comprehensive immigration passed by perpetrating the notion that somehow, by myself, I can go and do these things. It's just not true."

THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary

Old 06-15-2012, 10:10 AM

29,988 posts, read 35,842,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And don't forget the the rights savior, Reagan, also did nothing to stop this. And yes, most of you are mindless partisan drones. I never heard or saw one complaint from the right when Bush didnt do anything about illegals and if Romney gets, it will be the same, no complaints from the right.
If you never heard or saw one complaint when Bush did nothing then you simply were not paying attention. Clue: Minutemen Project

Some of us learned from the after effects that Regan's actions only encouraged more illegals. You see, recognizing a problem and not repeating it is only partisan to the Progressives who would amnesty all illegals for their votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or