U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 01:13 PM

15,442 posts, read 8,833,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Thank God Obama finally found some damn SPINE and smashed the Republican anti immigrants in the face! He should have done this 3 years ago and I know he is doing it only so he can win Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico BUT at least he is doing the RIGHT thing for a change. The Congress needs to pass AMNESTY now and if they won't, Obama should go around them and use his executive powers to implement hope and change.
PLEASE show me where the GOP is anti-immigrant. Just because they'd like this president to uphold the law of the land? That's not anti-immigrant at all - it's anti ILLEGAL immigrant.

Just remember your last comment when Obama's kicked to curb in November. Then, you will have no right to complain when the new president starts using HIS powers to implement change. We live in a republic, not a dictatorship. Congress and the President are EQUAL branches.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:13 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,730,881 times
This isn't being done by Executive Order, it's being done thorugh the DHS in policy change. They must first be granted deferred action in order to apply for work authorization. The issue I would think is that an IJ over rules DHS, and if these persons are brought up through Secure Communities, they will receive orders of deportation. DHS is only changing this policy and it only works on those few that get arrested for public protesting. Those arrested for crimes and checked through jail still get placed into secure communities.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:14 PM

15,442 posts, read 8,833,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It is funny. Obama takes Rubio's "Dream Act" idea and makes it an Exec Order. Now, what do Romney and the equally weak minded GOP leadership do ... damned if they support, damned if they don't.
It doesn't matter what issue it is. In fact, I think some of Rubio's idea makes sense.

The outrage is about the way Obama has done ANOTHER end run around Congress. The arrogance of that man is unbelievable.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:25 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,407,845 times
Obama is destroying the middle class by allowing 800,000 more people to compete for jobs we don't have. I surely hope I don't have to hear about republicans and the middle class any more. Watch the income disparity now!!!

And all for votes. He sure is watching out for this country.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:56 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,176,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Excellent move. We've got a Congress broken severely by ignorant, small-minded GOP bigots. Another historic move by this great President.
I hope you are working & have a good job.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:58 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,176,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Thank God Obama finally found some damn SPINE and smashed the Republican anti immigrants in the face! He should have done this 3 years ago and I know he is doing it only so he can win Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico BUT at least he is doing the RIGHT thing for a change. The Congress needs to pass AMNESTY now and if they won't, Obama should go around them and use his executive powers to implement hope and change.
So you are Okay with a dictator?

Old 06-15-2012, 02:11 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,462,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
So you are Okay with a dictator?

In a pigs eye. But some of us knew what Obam was going to be like, did not take a rocket scientist to figure the man out.

What is this really about, helping the economy, or helping him get more votes! I know plenty of young teens right now, that can't find a job, now what will happen.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Status: "It's beginning to look a lot like...." (set 1 day ago)

44,607 posts, read 35,726,009 times
This was an act defeated by Congress, and yet this "president" wants to bring it back and let it become law, anyway. It should be null and void.

By supporting illegals, Barry is showing this: He does not support protecting our borders. He wants us to be more vulnerable. With this course of action, he encourages crime, and, therefore, he supports terrorism.

End of story, folks. This joke of a politician has got to go.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:34 PM

3,891 posts, read 4,585,212 times
His Character and his Policies have dictated his fate

Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama), who is, after all, merely a fool has proven by his
entitlement mentality and narcissism that he is a clear and present danger to our country and the
American way of life

His actions will always speak louder then the broken promises of deflection that Alinsky taught his community organizers !

"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity . . . . What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving . . . . The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else . . . .. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation . . . .You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

- Adrian Rogers, 1931

Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 PM

3,730 posts, read 5,140,240 times
For all practical purposes this means that 800,000 more American citizens just became unemployed because of the actions of this would be Fuehrer. Congress may stop this act of a egomaniac, already there has been a huge backlash and major opposition. There could be a bright side to all this; while Obama may pick up a few more Hispanic votes, he may lose far more votes from non Hispanic whites that were only lukewarm supporters or were undecided, this latest act may push them into the Romney camp. See this as a huge political blunder on the part of Obama, he is such an ideologue that he neither perceives or cares about the wishes of the citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration