U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 06:36 PM

5,145 posts, read 3,604,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, it is rewarding their parents for coming to our country illegally. We don't need the added competition for the scarce jobs and resources there are in this country. This will just encourage more parents to come to our country illegally with their kids to get in on the next amnesty. Wanna bet that the parents of these kids who were the true lawbreakers get an amnesty down the line? Can't have that separaton of families thingy, now can we?
Looks like we just have to live with those who are already here with children under 18. What we need to do is remove the quota system. I say if you want to come to America and can be a good citizen, you should be able to do it - legally - and not have to go through a confusing process.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:27 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
Looks like we just have to live with those who are already here with children under 18. What we need to do is remove the quota system. I say if you want to come to America and can be a good citizen, you should be able to do it - legally - and not have to go through a confusing process.
Regardless of whether we have jobs and resources for them? Why do you think we have quotas in the first place? We have to keep population growth in mind also.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:44 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,121,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And Congress didn't utter a sound while it happened.
You are absolutely right. Time to get on someone's back. I just sent an e-mail to the president. What have you done?

The White House

Scroll to the right and click on contact. I am looking for ways to contact the rest of my representatives. I am so glad he said what he said today. Nothing like waking up the American people. If those that are tired of this invasion of our country would speak up, we can get this done. Now get busy!

Old 06-15-2012, 07:58 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,870,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You are absolutely right. Time to get on someone's back. I just sent an e-mail to the president. What have you done?

The White House

Scroll to the right and click on contact. I am looking for ways to contact the rest of my representatives. I am so glad he said what he said today. Nothing like waking up the American people. If those that are tired of this invasion of our country would speak up, we can get this done. Now get busy!
Thanks for that link. I sent my opinion in.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:03 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
And everything to do with further upsetting the "balance of power" that Congress and the President should be sharing, according to the Constitution. Liberals won't like it when a Republican president does the same thing to get his own way.
I think we all know by now, all is not fair in love and Politics. Bias a bit, you can say so over and over again. If this were any past President, he would be making headlines.

The news all stations would be all over this, making headlines, putting the Presdient down, Would be in the newspapers front page, but no, not the annointed one.

People i know had him peged from day one. And he sure has not disapointed us.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:09 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,121,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Thanks for that link. I sent my opinion in.
Yippee! Our town keeps links to the debt clock and the White House. They used to have representatives too, but I must not be looking at the right place. Just put in your representatives names on the search and maybe they will come up too. I don't know about you, but it seems to me that some of these people support the illegals. Maybe we need to let them know if they support illegals, we won't be supporting them.

I had one of those political calls where they were asking what the biggest problems were in America. Immigration was not mentioned, so I told them that I considered all the people in this country that do not belong here to be the problem that would solve a lot of other problems such as crime, unemployment, high taxes because we are supporting these people and nobody ever suggests that we stop doing that. They say we need to stop social security, but they want to keep on paying the medical and housing, etc. for illegal immigrants. I think it is time the politicians start listening to those of us who pay the bills for this country and not just their campaign.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:27 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Any unemployed American would be a damned fool if they vote for Obama again. He obviously does not give a single damn about any American. Nor does he give a damn about the duties of his office, to uphold the laws of this country.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:29 PM

1,182 posts, read 947,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Anti immigrant or anti criminal? Illegal immigrants are crimminals and should never be rewarded.
So what crime do we reward next?
DUI? Obama has an uncle charged with that already.
Fraud? Obama has an uncle and aunt who have committed fraud.
All the legal immigrants that had to do it the right way. What do we tell them? Sorry we punished you for being honest?
Amnesty for criminals. How did the last one work out?
Amnesty is badly needed. This is hopefully just a first step towards that goal.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:32 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
That's a ridiculous statement. Chances are, they were already employed and doing work that other Americans weren't already doing and probably weren't even interested in doing.
Oh yeah that old "Americans are too stupid and lazy to want off unemployment handouts." Got to get a new work visa for the hard working foreigners. And if these illegals were here already working, they were breaking more laws of this nation. What fools the American people have become, King Obama is allowed to just farm out as many jobs as he can, the best president the illegals could ever have!

Old 06-15-2012, 08:38 PM

1,182 posts, read 947,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
PLEASE show me where the GOP is anti-immigrant. Just because they'd like this president to uphold the law of the land? That's not anti-immigrant at all - it's anti ILLEGAL immigrant.

Just remember your last comment when Obama's kicked to curb in November. Then, you will have no right to complain when the new president starts using HIS powers to implement change. We live in a republic, not a dictatorship. Congress and the President are EQUAL branches.
The law of the land is bull. You don't uphold the law when the law is morally bankrupt. That is when you diss the law just like people did over slavery and Jim Crow. And the Republicans do the same thing. Bush did lots of things by executive fiat including banning stem cell research after he could not get Congress to ban it. Everybody knows the GOP Senate has been stonewalling the Dream Act for years and it is long past time that the President quit trying to convince the Republicans to see it his way and to go around them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration