Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 06:49 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post

Where is congress on this?
Everyone needs to call their congressman regarding this!!!!
Absolutely and tell their congressman to first give the right to legal aliens with kids who have no path to a green card if they are here on a E2 visa while their parents provide jobs to citizens!!!!

Old 06-16-2012, 08:10 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,220,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
The person that picks my lettuce is welcome at my table.
Careful what you wish for Rick. That man has already broken into your home, gone through everything and stolen money and valuables, and if you are really unfortunate, will soon assume your identity. In a short time he will trash your neighborhood, ruin the local schools, cause the crime rate in your city to increase sharply, force the closing of hospitals, and increase the cost of living due to increased taxes to support him and his family. Not exactly what we could call a gracious dinner guest, don't you think?

Old 06-16-2012, 08:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
The person that picks my lettuce is welcome at my table. Welcome to America my friends!
Those 800K+ people are NOT picking lettuce. 16-30 with many in college. They will now be able to get white collar jobs like accountants, teachers, engineers. The younger ones, without degrees, can now go to the big box and chain stores and apply.

Lettuce pickers are already classified and allowed to work in the US (migrant worker policy).

Old 06-16-2012, 10:51 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Careful what you wish for Rick. That man has already broken into your home, gone through everything and stolen money and valuables, and if you are really unfortunate, will soon assume your identity. In a short time he will trash your neighborhood, ruin the local schools, cause the crime rate in your city to increase sharply, force the closing of hospitals, and increase the cost of living due to increased taxes to support him and his family. Not exactly what we could call a gracious dinner guest, don't you think?
So true. It will be interesting to see how the government determines who these people really are, how long they have been here, all without legitimate verification of their documentation. I can see thousands of them packing and marching over our unsecured border with fake documents as I type this.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:44 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,553 times
Quote:
The law of the land is bull. You don't uphold the law when the law is morally bankrupt. That is when you diss the law just like people did over slavery and Jim Crow. And the Republicans do the same thing. Bush did lots of things by executive fiat including banning stem cell research after he could not get Congress to ban it. Everybody knows the GOP Senate has been stonewalling the Dream Act for years and it is long past time that the President quit trying to convince the Republicans to see it his way and to go around them.
It appears that immigration laws are only immoral to you and those few who think as you. Your claim of immorality is but your opinion of it.This wasn't done by Executive fiat, it was done though policy in DHS. Laws are guidelines with specifics, all DHS did was stayed within the guidelines as already defined. Deferred Action doesn't impose any legality on to the illegals
Quote:
Deferred action is when the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) agrees not to place an individual in removal (deportation) proceedings or not to execute an order of removal. A decision to grant or deny a request is a purely administrative act and it is not subject to review by either administrative or federal courts. Deferred Action | Maggio + Kattar
They must also apply for deferred Action, then they must apply for a work permit, this also doesn't prevent them from being deported if they get caught up in Secure Communities. DHS has always had this ability, they are now simply coming out with it as a political ploy, as they have had the ability to do so since Obama began his presidency.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:44 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Those 800K+ people are NOT picking lettuce. 16-30 with many in college. They will now be able to get white collar jobs like accountants, teachers, engineers. The younger ones, without degrees, can now go to the big box and chain stores and apply.

Lettuce pickers are already classified and allowed to work in the US (migrant worker policy).
I wonder how many of these 800,000 found their way onto the child tax credit column at tax time?

Old 06-16-2012, 08:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
The person that picks my lettuce is welcome at my table. Welcome to America my friends!
Yeah sure they are....

Old 06-17-2012, 07:29 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Yeah sure they are....
Yeah, as if they are all picking lettuce. Only 3% of illegal aliens are picking lettuce /crops and for that there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers. The other 97% are doing jobs that Americans have always done and will still do except they have been denied them in favor of cheap, illegal workers. Makes you wonder how anyone can gloat over that, doesn't it?

Old 06-17-2012, 08:04 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Republican/Tea party damaged Congress is no Congress

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
This post emulates what is exactly wrong with citizenry in this country. When Congress won't pass a law you like, just hope the President issues an order to pass the law.
The Congress that you refer to is REPUBLICAN/TEA PARTY-DAMAGED. Got that? This is a historical low-point in this country's history. We've got idiotic Republicans in Congress trying to push their agenda, one that has never benefited this country, one that has represented a complete detriment. Pass law that this "Congress" wants? Not until we get those lousy Republican suckers out of there.

Your sentiments "emulate" what is wrong with the Republican party: clueless.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The Congress that you refer to is REPUBLICAN/TEA PARTY-DAMAGED. Got that? This is a historical low-point in this country's history. We've got idiotic Republicans in Congress trying to push their agenda, one that has never benefited this country, one that has represented a complete detriment. Pass law that this "Congress" wants? Not until we get those lousy Republican suckers out of there.

Your sentiments "emulate" what is wrong with the Republican party: clueless.
The House did pass a Dream Act law but it never got past the Senate.
Isn't the Senate where the Dems hold power ?

Dream Act Passes The House
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration