U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 02:15 PM

44,924 posts, read 27,028,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Are you asking can a President sign Exec Orders directing agencies, under the control of the Executive Branch, to do or not do certain things? Errr, yes a President can, and this President has several more on deck. Why do you ask?
Sorry, bob, but he hasn't killed our Constitution yet although he is shooting at it. According to the rules as established in Article I of said document, things like this one have to be run through Congress and his method is a little too far outside this.

This latest action is, I think, twofold in reason. It is some more of the destruction of the relevance of the Congress and an attempt to get more Hispanic votes. You Dems can't see any to this but then you don't try at all to see any of it.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:21 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,013,914 times
So some think that a presdient can igm=nore thelaws and decide enforcemnt in the name of ideaolgy. Perhaps the they shoud knw that states can enact thweir own alaws and ignore other laws and ruling. A sure way to what we see now more and more conflict that leads to where we are at.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:45 PM

22,243 posts, read 14,734,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Sorry, bob, but he hasn't killed our Constitution yet although he is shooting at it. According to the rules as established in Article I of said document, things like this one have to be run through Congress and his method is a little too far outside this.

This latest action is, I think, twofold in reason. It is some more of the destruction of the relevance of the Congress and an attempt to get more Hispanic votes. You Dems can't see any to this but then you don't try at all to see any of it.
Here is a link that may be useful. Since your attitude pretty much screams out that you aren't American, maybe you can check to see if you can qualify for deportation referral.

Department of Homeland Security | Preserving our Freedoms, Protecting America

Old 06-15-2012, 03:30 PM

3,717 posts, read 4,494,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
For example today bypass congress on this issue here

Can he do this with no consequences?

His Character and his Policies have dictated his fate

Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama), who is, after all, merely a fool has proven by his
entitlement mentality and narcissism that he is a clear and present danger to our country and the
American way of life

His actions will always speak louder then the broken promises of deflection that Alinsky taught his community organizers !

"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity . . . . What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving . . . . The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else . . . .. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation . . . .You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

- Adrian Rogers, 1931

Old 06-15-2012, 05:30 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,848,534 times
Default Obama's new policy = Catch, Release, Vote

Rush: "Catch, Release, Vote." Obama To Grant Immunity To Young Illegals - YouTube

Old 06-15-2012, 05:49 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Well roy, it's effective immediately and the DHS is 1000% behind him.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:37 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think other Presidents have and more will in the future.. but to the issue at hand. I am more concerned about the ROOT of the problem than I am these young law abiding folks. Give them amnesty, i don't care but STOP the influx of new illegals.. seems obvious to me.. STOP THE BLEEDING first..
Huh? This will only encourage more illegals to come. Young, law abiding? What are the odds that they have held job with fake and/or stolen ID's or working under the table to avoid taxes?

Old 06-15-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Yes really, I am very much in favor of any President that does what he/she can to help this Country. Point is, this will document them and allow them to continue to contribute to the benefit of this Country. Deporting them makes absolutely no sense. Congress could act to resolve the whole Immigration issue, not for just these kids, but they refuse to do it.
How is giving over a million illegals amnesty helping this country? It not only makes a mockery of our immigration laws but we are in a recession with high unemployment. They can return the jobs they are holding to Americans and they in turn will be contributing to our country. These illegals need to go home and contribute to their own countries. Wanna bet that their parents will get amnesty also down the line because of the cries of "seperation of famiies"? Yet, they are the ones who actually broke our immigration laws. Deporting them makes sense not another failed amnesty.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
They will still be illegal, it just defers deportation process for 2 yrs. Maybe within the 2 yrs, the Immigration issue can be resolved. If not, renewal. Face it, you just don't like the idea that the Latinos look at this very positively.
Yeah, and why do they?

Old 06-15-2012, 07:03 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,125,167 times
Can Obama bypass congress & the people?

Only if we let him.

If you don't like what he did today it is time to e-mail, call, send letters, etc. and let congress and the president know how outraged you are. If you do nothing, you are as bad as he is.

If you don't know what to say in the communication, here is a good example. "I am a law abiding, tax-paying citizen of this country and am outraged at the way our laws are being stomped on and want all illegal people deported. We are not responsible for bringing them here; their parents are. I consider these people as invaders of our country and think it is the duty of the president and congress to rid our country of them so we can continue as a law abiding nation. Anything less than deportation is unacceptable to me."

Last edited by NCN; 06-15-2012 at 07:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration