U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 07:40 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
They will still be illegal, it just defers deportation process for 2 yrs. Maybe within the 2 yrs, the Immigration issue can be resolved. If not, renewal. Face it, you just don't like the idea that the Latinos look at this very positively.
Ok. IF Hispanics don't like our culture here in the US, they can go to another country where they'd feel better. No one's stopping them. It's not like we're putting US citizen Hispanics in the back of the bus cause they're "Hispanic"; they have the same rights as any other American. Sheesh.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Quote:
They will still be illegal, it just defers deportation process for 2 yrs. Maybe within the 2 yrs, the Immigration issue can be resolved. If not, renewal. Face it, you just don't like the idea that the Latinos look at this very positively.
It's 2 years with indefinite renewals. That is amnesty.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:02 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,848,534 times
Default Rule by edict

Rep. Allen West: "We're Starting To Live Under A Rule By Edict" | RealClearPolitics

Old 06-15-2012, 08:37 PM

309 posts, read 1,248,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Actually the people who this order affects were brought into this country by parents or others, they did not break the law, their parents/guardians did.

I actually think this shows the president has...I'll just come out and say it....but he has some balls to do this. It is actually exciting to me even though I do not agree with illegal immigration but I do understand that these kids did not come to the country themselves and by all measures, by growing up here, they are Americans.

Personally I would have rather he made the age requirement be 10 years old versus 16. I think it is a good step to get Congress to working on this issue. Hopefully they'll be so POd that that will make them get their butts in gear and start legislating, doing their job.

The president is impressing me more and more and showing how intelligent he is, all during an election year (of course they all like to show off during election years, but at least he is showing off how he has some balls). He is really calculating and I actually respect him for doing something instead of sitting around posturing like the GOP are doing on this issue.
In a perfect world. I think it sends a message for more @@#$ing over by illegals coming in of which there is far too many. What happened to being on the straight and narrow? US has lost it's way for so long that it is ruining life for real American citizens for the pandering to illegals. Unbelievable!

Old 06-15-2012, 09:02 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
For example today bypass congress on this issue here

Can he do this with no consequences?
You can bet Obama's handlers have done some careful polls -- he knows that in spite of very high black unemployment, especially with black youths, and a sense of hopelessness, being a liberal democrat, he can take the black vote for granted.

He's going after the very massive number of votes he'll get from the illegals who are of course very overjoyed with their nice big amnesty.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
You do know that both the Repubs and Dems agree that Immigration needs to be fixed, right? Also that there is very little difference as to what needs fixing. The only thing that has prevented it, is pretty much the same issue that made ACA so hard. Neither Party wants a President of the other Party to sign it.
Unemployment of Americans is what needs to be fixed and the only fixing that immigration needs is the enforcement of existing laws.

Obama was supposed to be the president of the American people, the illegals are obviously not Americans but he's so eagerly handing them their new work visas, it's pretty clear he doesn't give a damn about suffering Americans.

He's the best president illegal foreigners ever had. He is not a good president whatsoever for the citizens of this country, he's done absolutely nothing about joblessness, especially of black youth.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:24 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,772,010 times
Quote:
Oh no! 50,000 Latinos turn 18 every month! You don't suppose some may sneak thru the sieve of our voter registration, do you?
there you have it. all liberals care about is potential "votes" in an election year.

what these "latinos" most likely will do is drive down wages for your own children, and make it a lot harder for them to get college scholarships in this new dog-eat-dog economy-with everybody scrambling for even the most mundane jobs out there.

and the kicker is that the citizens will get to pay for the privilege of doing so.

thanks, obama, and thank you left-leaning democrats for making america an increasingly inhospitable place for its own freaking citizens.

i am sure that obama will see his globalist check in the mail soon enough, as he is just another left-leaning technocrat bent on destroying yet another 1st world country, and dragging it into the 3rd world realm.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:27 PM

3,270 posts, read 4,777,121 times
Whether you love him or hate him Obama and the Dems changed the talking point. His halting deportation of child immigrants today will change the talking point of the election over the next several months from the economy to the immigration debate. Conservative republicans will push Mitt Romney to come out against this over the next month "see Bryan Fischers forcing Mitt to fire staffer" and force him to come out against this. Romney today sidestepped the issue and tried to focus on the economy. The republican controlled congress and leadership will most likely challenge this in court over the next few years if Obama wins reelection if Mitt wins they will make him repeal it. In my opinion this is a huge win for Dems and Obama in both the upcoming election and long term over the next quarter to half century.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:29 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,772,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Whether you love him or hate him Obama and the Dems changed the talking point. His halting deportation of child immigrants today will change the talking point of the election over the next several months from the economy to the immigration debate. Conservative republicans will push Mitt Romney to come out against this over the next month "see Bryan Fischers forcing Mitt to fire staffer" and force him to come out against this. Romney today sidestepped the issue and tried to focus on the economy. The republican controlled congress and leadership will most likely challenge this in court over the next few years if Obama wins reelection if Mitt wins they will make him repeal it. In my opinion this is a huge win for Dems and Obama in both the upcoming election and long term over the next quarter to half century.
i guess we will see on election day whether it was brilliant or not.

the economy is still going to decide the election-even if liberals try to switch the focus, and what obama did today is certainly NOT going to help the economy-nor was it intended to.

remember that.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
there you have it. all liberals care about is potential "votes" in an election year.

what these "latinos" most likely will do is drive down wages for your own children, and make it a lot harder for them to get college scholarships in this new dog-eat-dog economy-with everybody scrambling for even the most mundane jobs out there.

and the kicker is that the citizens will get to pay for the privilege of doing so.

thanks, obama, and thank you left-leaning democrats for making america an increasingly inhospitable place for its own freaking citizens.

i am sure that obama will see his globalist check in the mail soon enough, as he is just another left-leaning technocrat bent on destroying yet another 1st world country, and dragging it into the 3rd world realm.
Also -- there are far more than 800,000 illegals between the ages of 16 and 30 here already -- and a whole lot more soon to arrive. This amnesty is going to be a very big deal. For one anyone with half a brain knows that Obama is lying about the numbers.

In spite of high youth unemployment, foreigners here illegally now have been given a very nice amnesty. These work visas will enable them to grab up any decent job there is -- and tough luck for the American people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration