U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 04:18 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,921 times

Advertisements

DHS sues Illinois for blocking immigrant crackdown

The Homeland Security Department is suing Illinois to undo a new state law the federal agency says would make it more difficult to enforce the nation's immigration laws.

"The state of Illinois has now made it illegal to comply with federal law. That's not acceptable as a matter of the Constitution and it's not acceptable as a matter of our discharging our federal obligation to enforce the immigration laws."

Are they starting to fight for America first? This is some good news but we must still keep the pressure on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 05:16 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,766 times
I saw that too and was glad to see that Homeland Security is doing something. I can not believe the nerve of the states that are going against Federal Law. Vote those bastards out of office folks!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:19 PM

716 posts, read 1,867,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
I saw that too and was glad to see that Homeland Security is doing something. I can not believe the nerve of the states that are going against Federal Law. Vote those bastards out of office folks!
Hows about the morons that put them there in the 1st place?

Old 09-25-2007, 07:25 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Hows about the morons that put them there in the 1st place?
It's so confusing. We thought when we voted for a representitive they would be representing American citizens not the citizens of foreign countries.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:54 PM

716 posts, read 1,867,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
It's so confusing. We thought when we voted for a representitive they would be representing American citizens not the citizens of foreign countries.

I think people should be more vocal and address the concerns before electing those who tell you the things you all may want to hear. Perhaps Patriotism should be high on the agenda above all else come next ellection time eh?

Old 09-26-2007, 11:39 AM

20,005 posts, read 67,969,120 times
Quote:
Vote those bastards out of office folks!

Im trying.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:46 AM

1,020 posts, read 3,015,397 times
Quote:
Morons huh? I hope Ohio makes an amendment that makes it illegal to comply with federal law if it undermines the constitution or our liberties. I can't believe Illinois did this. Maybe Ohio and Illinois will ride together once again. Its a cat and mouse game. They like to stay a few steps ahead. They played their hand to many times and now its catching up to them. Now states are planning ahead.

Oh wait I misread it. I thought it said Illinois was fighting against the government telling them that weren't allowed to crack down on illegals. Oh boy.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:31 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,375,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
DHS sues Illinois for blocking immigrant crackdown

The Homeland Security Department is suing Illinois to undo a new state law the federal agency says would make it more difficult to enforce the nation's immigration laws.

"The state of Illinois has now made it illegal to comply with federal law. That's not acceptable as a matter of the Constitution and it's not acceptable as a matter of our discharging our federal obligation to enforce the immigration laws."

Are they starting to fight for America first? This is some good news but we must still keep the pressure on!
FINALLY, we are starting to reign in the radical left states.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:42 PM

2,516 posts, read 7,551,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
FINALLY, we are starting to reign in the radical left states.
when did IL become a radical left state? i would expect this kind of thing out of the CA legislature, but IL...? that surprises me. is no place sacred?

Old 09-26-2007, 07:18 PM

383 posts, read 1,021,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
when did IL become a radical left state? i would expect this kind of thing out of the CA legislature, but IL...? that surprises me. is no place sacred?
Illinois is very much blue collar democrat.

But it is not radical left. The democrats of Illinois are a mixture of conservative and liberal democrats.

Not even close to the far left liberals of San Francisco or those in Oregon.

I live in Illinois, know the people, and know who they want in office. Most workers are employed and work for companies with a strong union foothold. Democrats are natural allies of unions. Therefore, citizens of Illinois are democrats by default. Has nothing to do with liberal or conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or