U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 09:32 AM

20,596 posts, read 15,424,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
OR, we can always bring home some of those soldiers from oversas and have them patrol the borders.

Yah, I know, too much like right. How dare any patriotic Amrican suggest we end our pointless Military involvement in the Middle east!!!
Actually, I completely agree with this.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:34 AM

7,238 posts, read 10,468,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
3) Saying they are "taking jobs Americans won't do" is dishonest. They are taking jobs American's CAN'T AFFORD to do, because the wages are so low the only way to survive on them is to be paid under the table and avoid income taxes. If the companies paid a living wage to pick fruit or whatever, our desperately poor citizens would be able to take those jobs and at least survive. Also, if anyone thinks this is just about fruit-picking, you're missing the point. Not only have illegals taken over the construction industry, which once used to be a decent way to make a living, but it is safe to say that the long-term is goal is to replace even more American jobs with illegals as time goes by. It's all about cheap labor, and nothing is cheaper than under the table slave-labor!
Bingo!!!

If the employers paid wages people could live on, Americans would be lining up for those jobs.

But when you eject millions of illegals into the picture, who don't pay taxes, they drag down the wages for everyone as businesses can choose to simply hire them versus fellow Americans who must pay taxes.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:34 AM

8,221 posts, read 10,947,521 times
I find this country to be filled with hypocrites. They complain about "illegals" taking their jobs but are the first to make comments like getting some (other ethnicity) to do menial labor most of us don't want to do. I have heard many a roofer talk about hiring certain people to do the tear offs on homes.. it is a nasty job and in 90+ degree heat those "job seekers" have no interest in the roles.

Face it illegals take the jobs we don't want. Our economy relies on their efforts and if employers had to paya fair wage for the nasty jobs the people would be paying double the price for those services. It is all about what someone is willing to do for the right price.

When was the last time you chose the most expensive quote you got? Americans are spoiled and lazy. We want to make a lot and work little for it. Then complain when things don't go our way... Here is a simple lesson in economics. as the wage falls the supply of people willing to do the work also falls. When you have a group willing to do it for less they will beat us out. They work hard and earn everything they get. We just can't compete Want to get their jobs. be willing to make $6/ hr picking oranges, , or what other nasty job they took

Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 AM

809 posts, read 1,455,428 times
Why should we earn 6 bucks an hour? Why should we accept that? Because someone else will?

Old 06-16-2012, 09:41 AM

56 posts, read 77,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Oh yeah, you're definitely a typical lawyer.
I resent that comment! But, whatever!

Quote:
For the years you didn't work a a Lawyer, American taxpayers were subsidizing your life and thus you were a net-drain on its people and infrastructure.
Before I was a lawyer, I was busy with reading case laws in law school.

Before that, I was busy getting As in college and beating American born kids in school.

Before that, I was a kid.

So, you can't expect me to contribute much to the tax pool at the time.

Now, how about a response to the Miami girl case?

Last edited by ListenToYourHeart; 06-16-2012 at 09:51 AM..

Old 06-16-2012, 10:10 AM

640 posts, read 1,055,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I'm sick of that b.s. response.."illegals do jobs that most of us won't." Really? So do you think all illegals just pick fruit? Most are in construction as well...so for the little construction jobs we have left the illegals will be first to be hired..trust me. Or how about the other illegals who have college degrees and for one reason or another can't get a work visa?

Also, how about all of the people here who did it the legal way-paying thousands of dollars and going through hell to become a citizen-maybe we should give them their money back.

I'm all for people coming to the US for a better life but do it LEGALLY
It's a generalization the die hards came up with. It's not true at all. I'd gladly pick fruits or work construction. I can guarantee you there are millions of other americans who would also do it.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:24 AM

833 posts, read 1,416,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf fan View Post
--illegals--only do the job Americans won't ?

MYTH !

I graduated from high school in 63 and got hired a week later at a packing plant lugging beef quarters.
Heavy,hard ,work........excellent pay,excellent benefits.

I was able to buy a brand new car while still 18 years old.

After 19 years there, all the packing plants that paid good wages couldn't compete with the packing plants that started up in rural Iowa,Nebraska, Colorado.

Those new packing plants started up in towns with a small population and paid low wages.
Where were they planning to get their labor from ? ( wages were so low no one would travel to re-locate there )

Yup, and thus packing plants became notorious for being a mecca for illegals.

I am re--posting for those that keep saying Americans won't do the jobs illegals do

Old 06-16-2012, 10:47 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Bascailly he just bought votes by adding 800K more workers that can get work permits .
It will be far far more than 800,000 more workers.

For one there are far more illegals here already in the 16-30 year age bracket and many more will soon be arriving to cash in on this. Obama intentionally gave a low end estimate but he knows there are way more than 800,000 illegals in that age range -- and we all know when it comes to false documents ages can be fudged. There will be a lot of older looking illegals claiming to be 30 years old.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthelpreturns View Post
It's a generalization the die hards came up with. It's not true at all. I'd gladly pick fruits or work construction. I can guarantee you there are millions of other americans who would also do it.
Don't think those jobs will be opening up for Americans as the illegals ditch them because of their nice new work visas that let them go for the better jobs -- it will be a whole new batch of illegals showing up for the former jobs of the newly amnestied illegals.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ListenToYourHeart View Post
You guys sounds like the rule applies to EVERYONE. It only apply to youngsters who go to school and grow up with your kids or your neighbors' kids.
Youngsters? Since when are 30 year olds viewed as youngsters? Age 16-30 might include 2 years of youngsterhood types, but 30 is way too long in the tooth to be viewed as a youngster. Oh yes, it's that "it's for the children!!!", the poor helpless little children but many illegals age 30 are already grandparents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or