U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 02:45 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
Get your info right before you quote and complain. The law is for those 16-30.
Duh! I know it is -- the person I was posting to claimed the new work visas are for "youngsters". I'm pointing out that the only "youngsters" it's for might be those 16-18 but not exactly the 18-30. A 30 year old illegals is certainly no youngster. The "it's for the children!!!!!", the helpless little children is very silly when the bulk of them being given this are over 18.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:53 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,130,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
See gas prices.
Fair enough. People are good at complaining over non-issues.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:05 PM

4,402 posts, read 11,157,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Duh! I know it is -- the person I was posting to claimed the new work visas are for "youngsters". I'm pointing out that the only "youngsters" it's for might be those 16-18 but not exactly the 18-30. A 30 year old illegals is certainly no youngster. The "it's for the children!!!!!", the helpless little children is very silly when the bulk of them being given this are over 18.
But it is in a way. It is for the kids who had no choice but to come to the US when they were younger. And now, for a lot of them, this IS home. It allows the kids, some of whom are adults now and want to stay, a chance. There is a story about a guy who was brought here illegally by his parents (he works in publishing) and when he tried to do what it took to become legal and stay in the country he considers home, he discovered that he would not be able to come back for 5 years. Its a tough situation and the law allows those who want to do the right thing to correct the "sins of the fathers" so to speak.

Personally, I am glad I am not held responsible for the decisions my parents made before I was old enough to have a say. No, I am not illegal...but my parents have not always been perfect and have made decisions I do not agree with. POssibly the kids/adults effected feel the same way.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:22 PM

56 posts, read 77,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
The guy admitted he was/is an illegal.

No assumptions here.
Hey, Hey, Hey, are you talking about me?

I said that I was "illegal," not to be confused with illegal. To be more specific, I was not a legal resident or a legal alien.

Anyways, that was then, but now I am "lawyered up," literrally.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:42 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,040,734 times
Quote:
But it is in a way. It is for the kids who had no choice but to come to the US when they were younger. And now, for a lot of them, this IS home. It allows the kids, some of whom are adults now and want to stay, a chance. There is a story about a guy who was brought here illegally by his parents (he works in publishing) and when he tried to do what it took to become legal and stay in the country he considers home, he discovered that he would not be able to come back for 5 years. Its a tough situation and the law allows those who want to do the right thing to correct the "sins of the fathers" so to speak.

Personally, I am glad I am not held responsible for the decisions my parents made before I was old enough to have a say. No, I am not illegal...but my parents have not always been perfect and have made decisions I do not agree with. POssibly the kids/adults effected feel the same way.
You are totally right. The son of the guy who robbed Wells Fargo, got used to the great life quality that the robbed money allows him. It's absolutely unfair to confiscate the money because he is not responsible for "sins of the fathers".

Old 06-16-2012, 04:47 PM

4,402 posts, read 11,157,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
You are totally right. The son of the guy who robbed Wells Fargo, got used to the great life quality that the robbed money allows him. It's absolutely unfair to confiscate the money because he is not responsible for "sins of the fathers".
If you can't see on your own why this makes no sense, then I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain to you why you are wrong.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:53 PM

4,980 posts, read 8,213,818 times
When people no longer are able to distract themselves with Reality TV, sports, malls, vacations, new homes, new cars, toys...

When a whole generation grows up literally fighting for their lives, not indoctrinated with PC and guilt from the education system from K to the end of college, when they live their lives in survival mode, things will be different.

Those trying to survive will look at groups, and those "children" will be in the other group.
And they will look at THEIR group and not differentiate. Because this drippy "for the children" is just
a way to cut OUR group out of being able to survive.

Only then will people be able to live with freedom. We are less free, and decisions made for us via "Democracy" but it sure feels like something else and you know what I mean.

Give those other people food, housing, free medical care, free college. Now, you get nothing. You have to work for it, and support those other people.

No one is surprised this happened. These "kids" will get free college. But all the degrees in the world won't give us more jobs. But they will get the jobs because of PC. Now, go figure where you end up.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:54 PM

56 posts, read 77,630 times
Mash123 is confusing illegality with immorality.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:55 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,771,609 times
Quote:
They are not being held responsible. They are not being prosecuted for their parents breaking the law.
But all of us are products of the bad choices our parents make. If a mother is on crack, it affects her child. If your mother has a child by a deadbeat or drug addict who spends his life in and out of jail, that affects the child. If you`re raised in a home where your mother has different men in and out of the house, that affects you. If your parents have no reasonable means to financially support children, but have them anyway, that affects everybody. They become the financial responsibility of everybopdy else. But the people who continue to do this have no regard for what they are doing. Why? Because they know other people, through the government, will take care of them and their children. So they have no shame or responsibility for their actions.

Again, I can understand having empathy for people who break the law to come here and then live on the taxpayer`s dime. They are poor..I get that. There is a lot of blame to go around, including the businesses that hire them. But we simply can`t continue to allow this sort of thing to go on. Illegals coming across the border to have kids, then their kids have citizenship and live off the government dole. It`s not a matter of feeling sympathy for these situations. It`s a matter of law and the common good. People think they can just sneak in, have kids, then their kids will be taken care of. Where is their regard for law? Where is their concern for the Americans and our children who have to bear the brunt of this welfare. It is a selfish act with no regard for the people, children and grandchildren who will grow up to pay for their selfish illegal act.
We feel sorry for the kids born in developing countries without fresh water and food. So we send money to charities,etc. But we can`t go round up all of those people and bring them here and take care of them. It just isn`t possible. It doesn`t mean you can`t feel sadness for these people. But you can`t take care of all of them either. We would all end up in the same boat.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:03 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,771,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ListenToYourHeart View Post
Mash123 is confusing illegality with immorality.
I`m afraid you`re the one that doesn`t see the correlation. Robbing a bank and stealing money is both illegal and immoral. People who come to this country illegallyand live off the American taxpayer are stealing as far as I`m concerned. They have no care or concern for what they are doing or the people who will be taking care of them or their kids. It`s both illegal and immoral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or