U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 08:14 AM

2,091 posts, read 1,051,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritbutterfly View Post
True. I'm sure he or she can learn a little bit of Spanish in a month. But you never really answered my question if you think it's immoral to deport an illegal US citizen if he lived there since 3 years of age, has no alive parents, doesn't speak any Spanish and is 20 years of age. What if he doesn't even know where to find his family in Mexico? I'm sure if that was me, I would too be crying angry (and scared) tears into my pillow.
He can be angry only towards his parents who did an unlawful act. Again, it's like inheriting money that was stolen by your parents and now taken away by the authorities.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:39 AM

640 posts, read 1,058,254 times
If I go to mexico illegaly I don't think the "amigos" will hook me up with a job. Rather, I will probably be burned alive while they shout "evil white man", "evil white people". Yeah, the same ones who paid taxes to support your daughter and her 3 kids.

When all else fails...........

Old 06-17-2012, 09:46 AM

56 posts, read 77,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthelpreturns View Post
If I go to mexico illegaly I don't think the "amigos" will hook me up with a job...........
I don't think Obama or the government is hooking up the illegals with jobs. They just allow them to apply for work permits.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 AM

20,788 posts, read 15,546,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritbutterfly View Post
Very good argument. I agree. But I am not sure if kicking out illegal immigrants that have been here for years and came here as children is the way to go about this problem. Sure they are taking your jobs. But lets just put things into perspective . . . imagine you were removed from your country and deported to your home country (Mexico) just because your parents had moved to the USA when you were 3. You are 18 now, your mother has passed away, and you can't speak any Spanish, you don't even know your other family that live there. Sure it's not your problem or your country's problem. But I'm sure theres something more morally right that can be done than kicking them out to rot in a country that isn't the home that they know, turning their backs because it's not "their" problem. Like, for example, setting up a programme in Mexico that encourages illegal youth immigrants to work for the US and Mexican government to strengthen govermental relations. Theres a whole lot the government could do like that which will benefit us in the long run. My problem is that many people are angry at the immigrants that have been here since they were very young, when they were only minors when they came to the USA. So how can they be held responsible?
And just how many of those 800,000 do you think don't speak a lick of Spanish and are orphans? I bet it's an extremely small percentage if not 0%. One thing I know about Hispanic people and Latin people, they are very proud of who they are, where they came from, they have big families, they have big support groups and I don't think I've ever known a single Hispanic or Latin that didn't have some family member or friend of the family somewhere in the US as well as their "home" country. And at home, many, many of them speak Spanish. So, that argument doesn't fly with me.

I'm not "angry" at the illegals whose parents brought them over here at the age of 3, I'm fricken ticked off at our politicians who talk a lot of trash but never actually do a damn thing to solve the illegal immigration problem.

You're from Europe, you know damn good and well how almost impossible it is to enter other countries illegally AND if caught, that they don't sit back and say, "Oh well, see, poor Three Wolves In Snow...she's really smart and a productive member of society and doesn't have any family back in the US...yah, let's just let her stay. And let's give her a lot of free stuff while we're at it, too."

THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

Why should it happen here? Yes, we are the land of immigrants. LEGAL immigrants.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:26 AM

4,230 posts, read 5,768,774 times
While I’m not a fan of illegal immigration let me be the first to offer my condolences for Obama ruining your chance at a McJob. I’m not agreeing with what Obama did, but the issue is much deeper then jobs. If anyone thinks the repukes are innocent they need to look at the 1986 Simpson-Mazzoli Act.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:27 AM

640 posts, read 1,058,254 times
It's one thing to want to come to a country LEGALLY and be a productive member of society. It's also another thing to enter a country without permission and work the system. That can be said for anybody who comes here. Even a canadian or an asian.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:30 AM

10,589 posts, read 10,359,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ListenToYourHeart View Post
I don't think Obama or the government is hooking up the illegals with jobs. They just allow them to apply for work permits.
The elite so-called sophisticates all see themselves as internationalists- citizens of the world- people who do not believe in boarders....When you put them in control they are like drunken fathers who invite every loser on the street to sleep on the coach and make themselves at home- Till the house is so full of strangers that the family is ousted and THE family becomes the new homeless...so mindlessly disloyal- blame liberal educations for this foolishness- national family first!

Old 06-17-2012, 10:52 AM

11,920 posts, read 13,308,679 times
For all those who thought Romney was going to swoop in and be your savior

Romney won't commit to repeal of Obama's immigration order

Might as well accept it. Honest, hard working Americans are nothing more than second class citizens in this country. You have no representation anywhere in the political arena. Game over.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
While Iím not a fan of illegal immigration let me be the first to offer my condolences for Obama ruining your chance at a McJob. Iím not agreeing with what Obama did, but the issue is much deeper then jobs. If anyone thinks the repukes are innocent they need to look at the 1986 Simpson-Mazzoli Act.
There's no need to be snarky about it. It's not just "McJobs", again, if they are "educated and productive members of society", they aren't going after the "McJobs", they are going after YOUR job and higher skilled jobs. This isn't going to just affect low level workers.

To your other point, anyone with half an IQ point and who doesn't wear political blinders knows damn good and well it is the fault of many, many politicians on both sides. It is the fault of the people who throw fits over the price of things these days, who hire illegals to get things done cheaper and who continue to vote for morons in office, regardless of party. No need to call them "repukes". (Surely you have something more clever than that.) Both Dems and Repubs are at fault, here.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
For all those who thought Romney was going to swoop in and be your savior

Romney won't commit to repeal of Obama's immigration order

Might as well accept it. Honest, hard working Americans are nothing more than second class citizens in this country. You have no representation anywhere in the political arena. Game over.
Who knows what Romney is going to do about this. I don't have faith he'll stop it. But I had to point this out from the article:

Quote:
And Romney-who on Saturday Obama should have been a governor before being elected president--said he would be able to unite the country because he does not play politics.
Bwahahahahaahahahahahhahaaa!

::reads it again:::

HAhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! Oh my sides....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or