U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 12:54 AM

4,980 posts, read 8,268,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
I NEVER call people out like this but it is YOU who does not understand the implications of this ruling. Now that there has been a pattern of forgiveness, more and more people will become emboldened and attempt to illegally immigrate to the US with their kids in the hope of maybe getting a ruling granting their kids or their families amnesty.

BTW, this is coming from a college student who had to wait years before he was LEGALLY allowed to immigrate to the US. While I was waiting, my mom and I prayed we wouldn't be gunned down by the oppressive regime I grew up under.

We waited till my dad could afford the thousands and thousands of dollars it takes in legal fees, filling fees, etc etc etc that are necessary for legal immigrants in order to be granted entrance to the US.

No, I didn't have it easy. Me and my mom had no choice but to wait it out as we couldn't simply jump across the border. We lived way across the pond and although their were other "methods", we chose to do the right thing.

And now those kids are on the same level as me????

F THAT!
The person who wrote that is probably going to benefit in some way from that new law.
My dad paid for my college, and I worked all four years and during the summer. There was no loan.

No handouts.

But we all realize what is really going on here.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:32 AM

593 posts, read 1,199,265 times
And now after this ruling, we need serious immigration reform. I'm not talking about a lot of lip flapping and gum smacking like we;ve gotten over the last 20-30 years, but actual REAL REFORM. My proposal is this: we have a state of the art computerized digital tracking system in place at border crossings and customs (Gee whiz, we should already have this!!). We issue trackable RFID computer ID cards to people who have paperwork submitted and in progress. They must carry the card at all times. They can be in the USA 6 months out of the year for living/work purposes, but for the other 6 months, they must live in Mexico until their paperwork is approved for legal citizenship, or they can just keep the 6 month work visa. They can come and go as they please, but cannot stay here in the US for more than 6 months out of the calendar year. They must have current (US & Mexico) addresses and phone numbers on file plus all other important information and they will be checked up on from time to time without warning.

We SHOULD make it easier for immigrants to come here LEGALLY, but they should know that they will be tracked and checked up on and cannot receive welfare or other benefits until they are citizens. Maybe this will also spur job creation in Mexico too for the 6 months that people will need to stay down there.

And while I am the POTUS in this utopian scenario of my own creation, I will legalize marijuana too, to cut down on border violence and get people working and making good money again.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:33 AM

128 posts, read 271,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Its amazing how some people hold onto these stories like it "proves" every xenophobic thought they have is true. There are good and bad people every where you go and this clearly represents a very small amount of people without papers in this country.
It's amazing how you all cling to this notion of illegals being "necessary" to our economy because "who would scrub the toilets, pick the fruit, make the beds, mow the lawns?" and then go on to say stuff like "they pay taxes just like everyone else" and here is a perfect example of how they don't and in fact cheat the system and you play the race card right away.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:10 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,932,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I think illegals have some place in this economy... If they have construction skills they can do your home remodeling for cheap. We did our entire 3 story house remodeled for cheap with illegal Polish labor. It was still expensive at $240,000 but we even sneaked by without building permits. Otherwise, maybe we couldn't afford a 3 story remodeling.

Ilegals have it the toughest to survive, and they have to do the hardest under the table work. We need them to harvest our crops when other people won't do that.
Please update us after your house crumbles and falls to the ground. That is of course if you're still alive and it doesn't crush and kill you and your family.....

Old 06-18-2012, 06:22 AM

25,380 posts, read 37,871,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I think illegals have some place in this economy... If they have construction skills they can do your home remodeling for cheap. We did our entire 3 story house remodeled for cheap with illegal Polish labor. It was still expensive at $240,000 but we even sneaked by without building permits. Otherwise, maybe we couldn't afford a 3 story remodeling.

Ilegals have it the toughest to survive, and they have to do the hardest under the table work. We need them to harvest our crops when other people won't do that.
You're so smart..using illegals to remodel and without a permit...wow

Guess what will happen when you want to sell your home with all the remodeling with no permits on file...

Old 06-18-2012, 06:24 AM

25,380 posts, read 37,871,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Please update us after your house crumbles and falls to the ground. That is of course if you're still alive and it doesn't crush and kill you and your family.....
People like that only look short term...they don't see anything further than their wallet and start to cry when the IRS or something else comes knocking on their door...or indeed, a fire or something else happens and their insurance won't pay a dime...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or