U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 08:58 PM

4,402 posts, read 11,152,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
You should be blaming your fellow US citizen's who support such companies.
No. Much easier to blame all those "illegals" ruining the country than take a good hard look at one's self.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:59 PM
NCN NCN started this thread

21,136 posts, read 21,121,261 times
Quote:
How do you have any idea what they were paid? You seem to have many assumptions and no facts to back them up.
If they weren't paid good the company really made a lot of money from the job. You need to learn how to read. I said they should have been paid a good salary. They were putting a new roof on our home. Roofers are usually paid a good salary.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:01 PM

37 posts, read 62,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I think illegals have some place in this economy... If they have construction skills they can do your home remodeling for cheap. We did our entire 3 story house remodeled for cheap with illegal Polish labor. It was still expensive at $240,000 but we even sneaked by without building permits. Otherwise, maybe we couldn't afford a 3 story remodeling.

Ilegals have it the toughest to survive, and they have to do the hardest under the table work. We need them to harvest our crops when other people won't do that.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Have you ever had work on your home done by an illegal? They do CRAP work. They work hard jobs, long hours, and work fast but they just don't CARE and the result is proof of this.

Why in the world would I want cheap construction? You get what you pay for and I'd rather not have anything on my home fixed or remodeled by someone who is incompetent and doesn't give a crap. The standards for repair and construction in Mexico are NOT what they are here. Get it now?

Old 06-15-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
You should be blaming your fellow US citizen's who support such companies.
Duh. Of course they're part of the problem. What makes me sick is that I can speak spanish and I had to hear comments about how they wanted to take over our country and they considered this a war they were fighting. It makes me want to vomit that some of our leaders and business owners past and present support paying illegals $3/hour.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
No. Much easier to blame all those "illegals" ruining the country than take a good hard look at one's self.
thebunny, do you live in a city that is overrun by illegals?

I'm 100% against illegal immigration and the hiring of illegals. It makes me angry to see other American business people who would rather pay an illegal $3/hour instead of hiring a US citizen.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:05 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,770,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
First of all, discrimination based on ability to speak English is protected under national Origin discrimination. But you will figure that out when you get sued and the person uses that contract to prove you were discriminatory in hiring.
That is bunk. A person can hire whoever they feel comfortable with to work on their property or work in their home. Why would someone hire a company they can`t communicate with?

Quote:
Oh, and I was unaware the minute you became a U.S. citizen, you immediately forgot any other languages but English. Although I guess that does explain why no one in the U.S. ever seems to speak more than one language.
I was unaware that a U.S citizen was required to speak more than one language, or any language for that matter. Plenty of people in this country can only speak Spanish. So what`s your point?

Old 06-15-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybryant87 View Post
thebunny, do you live in a city that is overrun by illegals?

I'm 100% against illegal immigration and the hiring of illegals. It makes me angry to see other American business people who would rather pay an illegal $3/hour instead of hiring a US citizen.
If you consider growing up on the Central Coast in a farming community and living in Los Angeles to be living in a city that is overrun with illegals, then yes.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:18 PM

7,238 posts, read 10,466,883 times
And of course, what was a decent thread has been hijacked and ruined.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
And of course, what was a decent thread has been hijacked and ruined.
And by hijacked I am guessing you mean people who disagree. Fascinating.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:27 PM

5,507 posts, read 9,002,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If they weren't paid good the company really made a lot of money from the job. You need to learn how to read. I said they should have been paid a good salary. They were putting a new roof on our home. Roofers are usually paid a good salary.
The median salary is 30k so it's not likely they were making much. You probably went with the company because they were cheap and that is why you got illegals working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or