U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 08:43 AM

833 posts, read 1,421,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
And immigration has raided several of them making many arrests.

I don't agree with illegal immigration. My ancestors did it legally and I expect this country to uphold those that want to live and work here to do it the same way. Do you think any other country has wide-open borders like we do? Any country that allows any to walk in illegally is asking for trouble.
Seems Mexico has harsh laws if any poor person enters Mexico from their neighboring countries.

Kinda ironic !

Old 06-16-2012, 08:46 AM

833 posts, read 1,421,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ListenToYourHeart View Post
You guys sounds like the rule applies to EVERYONE. It only apply to youngsters who go to school and grow up with your kids or your neighbors' kids.
"only ".................?
it applies to an estimated 800,000.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:49 AM
NCN NCN started this thread

21,136 posts, read 21,190,049 times
Quote:
See, I used to be an "illegal" and stuff. Then, I got my college degree and advanced to graduate school. Now, I am a productive member of society, gainfully employed and all.
Are you still illegal? If so, I hope you end up in prison. There are a lot of people in this country that belong in prison.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:49 AM

56 posts, read 77,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf fan View Post
Maybe they turn out like me, a productive member of society; gainfully employed and pay thousands in taxes annually.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
You guys sounds like the rule applies to EVERYONE. It only apply to youngsters who go to school and grow up with your kids or your neighbors' kids.
I am not a guy, never have been, never will be. It's a dirty word.

Anyone illegal should be deported. Their parents brought them here. They created the problem.
THEY NEED TO DEAL WITH IT. NOT OUR PROBLEM!

This president has just decided to make it our problem. Throw him out of office and send them all with him. And if Romney thinks like the president, send him with them. Our nation has been invaded and we need relief.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Maybe they turn out like me, a productive member of society; gainfully employed and pay thousands in taxes annually.
I am asking again if you are an American citizen? If not, why don't you go to the country where you are a citizen and help that country out? If you are not a legal citizen, I don't want you here. I don't like people that break laws.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:01 AM

56 posts, read 77,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Are you still illegal?
No! Actually, the opposite. I am a lawyer.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:12 AM

6,238 posts, read 18,196,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf fan View Post
Yes, but how many other parents are thinking "If I enter the US illegally and have a child there, they will have a better life because the laws allow them to stay". We all want better for our kids than we have; there is no denying that. This is going to get out-of-hand really quick. We're already the laughingstock of the world! Now there is more reason for them to want to come here to have their kids.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:18 AM

14,131 posts, read 26,325,360 times
There aren't actually that many folks now who want to immigrate here. I think net migration last year was next to nothing and may have been higher outbound than inbound. If anything there are probably more people looking for the exits. Nearly all of our growth now is coming from births here.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:21 AM

11,435 posts, read 15,989,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am not a guy, never have been, never will be. It's a dirty word.

Anyone illegal should be deported. Their parents brought them here. They created the problem.
THEY NEED TO DEAL WITH IT. NOT OUR PROBLEM!

This president has just decided to make it our problem. Throw him out of office and send them all with him. And if Romney thinks like the president, send him with them. Our nation has been invaded and we need relief.
I can't believe that I actually agree with the Country Girl. But the law is the law. This is a blatant sellout to the President's election bloc of latinos that must be energized for turnout in Nov. He is doing this just like every other Pres; this heinous act will probably be forgotten by election time. If there is immigration reform, they should make it illegal for them and their children to receive ANY public benefits (Medi-Cal, day care, lowered college tuition rates, cash assistance, etc). Gov't has made it too easy for them and enabled them to brazenly come over here and demand what they want. that is not right and unfair to the native citizens that work and pay taxes here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or