Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 08:48 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,393,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
T

If a person does not understand what our laws are and don't realize they need to rid this country of those 800,000 that are sponging off us, they don't really know what the job of president is supposed to do. The presidents job is to rid our country of invaders that are turning it into a third world country. The country most of them came from is a third world country. I don't want to live in a third world country, but if we cannot get a president that knows how to do the job we are almost there. We need a secure border and stop being so lax at keeping it secure.
Sponging? Read the requirements...it is people who were brought here BEFORE 16, who have graduated high school or are in the military, and who have not committed and felonies or serious misdemeanors. 100% of these people will have graduated or are serving this country...what's the high school graduation/enlistment rate for CITIZENS...its less than 100%. And those juvenile offenders who are citizens...what percent of CITIZENS commit serious crimes? Ummm....the percent of those who get to stay through this program who commit serious crimes? That would be zero.

Yeah, these people are a LOT worse than the gang members, and the prisoners, and the murders and rapists we have in this country because deporting them is illegal....

Old 06-15-2012, 08:49 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Unless you're changing hotel beds or picking strawberries I seriously doubt you've been misplaced by an Illegal. In fact if you live in my part of the country most of the people we think are illegal are actually here legally on TPS status as "refugees" from politicaly turmoil in El Salvador and Guatemala. You can thank George Bush for expanding that program.
Based on threads such as "slave labor" on this forum many some have been......

Old 06-15-2012, 08:49 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Only someone who has really been hard up for a job feels this way. I hear you, and feel your pain. No answers.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
So you guys are pissed that illegals are taking up the jobs you won't take?
Yes...but this new law allows them to complain without admitting that...makes them think it makes them look like they are complaining about the destruction of America.

They aren't...they are just using this to fool people into a belief that they have something relevant to say.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:51 PM
NCN NCN started this thread

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
So you guys are pissed that illegals are taking up the jobs you won't take?
That is a myth. We hired a company to reshingle our roof and I was sick and happened to be home when they came. These were not low paid employees or should not have been. I am still wondering about the work they did. I saw them doing something wrong and had to call the company to get the secretary to speak the manager. He was on a job but could not understand when I asked him to stop doing what he was doing to my roof. I won't be calling that company back again. There will be no more workers at my home that do not speak English. I will have that in the next contract. It was really scary for me having someone doing something wrong to my roof, but he didn't understand when I asked him to stop. There should have been at least one person onsite that knew how to communicate with me.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:53 PM

37 posts, read 71,703 times
I can only imagine how much worse things will get in my city of Phoenix AZ. Several years ago I used to work at a fast food place because that's all I could find at the time. I was the only white person there among all illegals except for one. I saw white people, asians and black come in asking for a job but our stupid hiring manager would turn them down every single time. But then when Pedro brought friends and family illegally into the US guess who was given a job right away! They are infiltrating our country, taking our jobs and now with this crap, they will be able to force their way into more places than just McDonald's restaurants.

I've since left that dump several years ago but can only imagine the job situation getting worse and worse. Thanks a lot Obama, thanks for screwing over the American citizens trying to make a living all for the sake of VOTES.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That is a myth. We hired a company to reshingle our roof and I was sick and happened to be home when they came. These were not low paid employees or should not have been. I am still wondering about the work they did. I saw them doing something wrong and had to call the company to get the secretary to speak the manager. He was on a job but could not understand when I asked him to stop doing what he was doing to my roof. I won't be calling that company back again. There will be no more workers at my home that do not speak English. I will have that in the next contract. It was really scary for me having someone doing something wrong to my roof, but he didn't understand when I asked him to stop. There should have been at least one person onsite that knew how to communicate with me.
How do you have any idea what they were paid? You seem to have many assumptions and no facts to back them up.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:54 PM

First of all, discrimination based on ability to speak English is protected under national Origin discrimination. But you will figure that out when you get sued and the person uses that contract to prove you were discriminatory in hiring.

Oh, and I was unaware the minute you became a U.S. citizen, you immediately forgot any other languages but English. Although I guess that does explain why no one in the U.S. ever seems to speak more than one language.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybryant87 View Post
I can only imagine how much worse things will get in my city of Phoenix AZ. Several years ago I used to work at a fast food place because that's all I could find at the time. I was the only white person there among all illegals except for one. I saw white people, asians and black come in asking for a job but our stupid hiring manager would turn them down every single time. But then when Pedro brought friends and family illegally into the US guess who was given a job right away! They are infiltrating our country, taking our jobs and now with this crap, they will be able to force their way into more places than just McDonald's restaurants.

I've since left that dump several years ago but can only imagine the job situation getting worse and worse. Thanks a lot Obama, thanks for screwing over the American citizens trying to make a living all for the sake of VOTES.
You should be blaming your fellow US citizen's who support such companies.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybryant87 View Post

These illegals you speak of...do they have blinking signs on their foreheads declaring them illegal? Or were you just assuming? I know the answer, but I am guessing you will not admit it and claim you saw "proof". Newsflash...illegals don't carry proof they are illegal with them...no matter what you claim to have seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration