U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-16-2012, 01:28 PM
 
18 posts, read 17,699 times
Reputation: 34

Advertisements

Why is Obama only supposed to support blacks? Isn't the chief commanding officer (aka president) supposed to be a voice for everyone regardless of nationality or heritage? We all came here as immigrants to begin with anyhow minus the Native Americans.

 
Old 06-16-2012, 01:30 PM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,745,961 times
Reputation: 14471
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, it would be important for white and black Americans to come together for a change, especially when the fate of all Americans is at serious risk, but some really do not care what becomes of Americans, especially if they can make a race issue somehow out of it.

Some would rather see Obama sell all Americans down the river -- because if a liberal democrat is destroying Americans it's all good.
This is rich. I mean, it doesn't get any funnier than this. Whites and blacks should NOW come together because you're scared of the brown hordes. LMAO....i can't stop laughing at the thought.

The same folks that wouldn't give a black person the time of day all of a sudden wants unity. But as soon as the brown hordes are squashed, it's back to the same old bull again. Unity OVER!!
 
Old 06-16-2012, 01:36 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This is rich. I mean, it doesn't get any funnier than this. Whites and blacks should NOW come together because you're scared of the brown hordes. LMAO....i can't stop laughing at the thought.

The same folks that wouldn't give a black person the time of day all of a sudden wants unity. But as soon as the brown hordes are squashed, it's back to the same old bull again. Unity OVER!!
I have never been against black Americans. I've always admired Martin Luther King and the whole black civil rights movements.

But no -- I've never been in favor of limitless immigration.
 
Old 06-16-2012, 01:42 PM
 
33,046 posts, read 20,807,920 times
Reputation: 8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So how many other people are going to post something about this executive order trying to get black people to further our dislike or Latinos?

Very strange that blacks are the only people who many of you think will be affected by this. And you all say we are divisive....

I hope the unemployed emerge as this year's swing group and remember the 800,000 when they vote.
 
Old 06-16-2012, 01:43 PM
 
Location: SWFL
21,577 posts, read 18,230,863 times
Reputation: 18932
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So how many other people are going to post something about this executive order trying to get black people to further our dislike or Latinos?

Very strange that blacks are the only people who many of you think will be affected by this. And you all say we are divisive....
This concerns ALL Americans who don't have the opportunity to do anything except lower level jobs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
At the end of the day while Black youth have the highest unemployment rate of any group, White Americans have lost their jobs (by the millions) run out of unemployment and continue to lose their homes. At the end of the day the race issue needs to die. Americans of all races on many fronts are suffering. Keep in mind plenty of White people voted for Obama as well, to put the onus of getting him in and out of office based on the Black vote is ludicris at best, delusional at worst.

I work with plenty of White liberals who love Obama and have stated to me on many occasions that they plan to vote for him again.
Idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
While Blacks may have higher unemployment rates, this is not a Black or White issue. There are plenty of Americans out of work. Why do "you people" keep acting like you are immune to unemployment, foreclosure and homelessness? The illegals replaced what used to be a primarily White construction industry until the housing market went bust. They also replaced predominantly white factory workers as well. The DREAMies will soon replace whites in what used to be considered predominantly white middle class jobs.

Just because they are not all over CD talking about the elections you can't assume that Blacks will or won't even bother to vote. At the end of the day nobody knows how Blacks will vote or if they will come out in droves to vote in November.

Just make sure that you get out and vote.
Oh, praise be! Someone who can see the WHOLE picture! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2Isaac View Post
Why is Obama only supposed to support blacks? Isn't the chief commanding officer (aka president) supposed to be a voice for everyone regardless of nationality or heritage? We all came here as immigrants to begin with anyhow minus the Native Americans.
Another "smarter than the average bear" person! Thank you too. You and Purple give me hope.
 
Old 06-16-2012, 01:54 PM
 
33,046 posts, read 20,807,920 times
Reputation: 8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This is rich. I mean, it doesn't get any funnier than this. Whites and blacks should NOW come together because you're scared of the brown hordes. LMAO....i can't stop laughing at the thought.

To every unemployed citizen:

(singing) Come together, right now, over him.
 
Old 06-16-2012, 02:08 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,580,874 times
Reputation: 47459
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
What is your point?
he is trying to tell you that global economy is not global there is only 1 market its here and needs to be protected or u r not guna be doing any retirement ever.
 
Old 06-16-2012, 02:31 PM
 
12,439 posts, read 9,978,626 times
Reputation: 3129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
he is trying to tell you that global economy is not global there is only 1 market its here and needs to be protected or u r not guna be doing any retirement ever.
Really that is what he was telling me. Thanks for translating. I don't have a BS to english dictionary.
 
Old 06-16-2012, 02:44 PM
 
11,536 posts, read 8,487,662 times
Reputation: 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Good article -- the problem with allowing your group to be taken for granted. Obama doesn't expect he has to do a single thing for the black Americans. Give their jobs away. Too bad black youth can't be given work visas to work in this country.

Obama Immigration | Breaking News for Black America

African Americans represent the demographic that is most supportive of President Obama, yet they are the most devastated by the effects of mass incarceration.

With his announcement on illegal immigration, Obama has effectively granted immunity to nearly 800,000 illegal immigrants who clearly broke the law. All the while, he is unwilling to seek the release of thousands of men and women who were sentenced under drug laws that even the president knows to be clearly unjust. He made campaign promises to black Americans that he would fight diligently on their behalf to end the war on drugs, but has shown the courage of a toothless ***** cat who’s had his claws removed.

The time for patience with the Obama Administration should be over, and African Americans who’ve deluded themselves into believing that their first Black president loves them need to take a step back and look at reality.
I think it's a slap in the face for you to assume that drugs and prisons are the main concern for most Blacks.

Stereotype much? Let me guess, some of your best friends are Black??
 
Old 06-16-2012, 02:56 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I think it's a slap in the face for you to assume that drugs and prisons are the main concern for most Blacks.

Stereotype much? Let me guess, some of your best friends are Black??
Hint -- since you didn't seem to figure it out for yourself -- I did not write that article. Someone else did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top