U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 03:01 PM

47,576 posts, read 59,260,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I think it's a slap in the face for you to assume that drugs and prisons are the main concern for most Blacks.

Stereotype much? Let me guess, some of your best friends are Black??
The article came from News One for Black Americans and was written by Dr. Boyce Watkins (that's not me) and since you are trying to credit me with writing it, you can find information on Dr. Boyce Watkins at the following link:

Boyce Watkins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again I am not him.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:02 PM

11,536 posts, read 8,563,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Hint -- since you didn't seem to figure it out for yourself -- I did not write that article. Someone else did.
Why would you post an article if you didn't agree with it? Nice cop out.

Have the guts to stand by your convictions.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Why would you post an article if you didn't agree with it? Nice cop out.

Have the guts to stand by your convictions.
I didn't say I didn't agree with Dr. Boyce Watkins and his article. For one I think anyone with half a brain could see that Obama's big amnesty and giveaway of American jobs is a slap on the face of many Americans including blacks.

I only partially agree --- there's this which no one could disagree: "African Americans represent the demographic that is most supportive of President Obama" so of course you have to wonder why the undying and lavish support for a president who has done so little for them? And anyone would wonder why Obama is so quick to pardon any hispanic lawbreaker but isn't pardoning any others.

Yes Obama cares very deeply about hispanic family reunification in the USA but what about American black families? And I certainly agree with this: "The time for patience with the Obama Administration should be over, and African Americans who’ve deluded themselves into believing that their first Black president loves them need to take a step back and look at reality."

Obama has made no promises to my people except to cut our social security and raise our taxes and take over our health care, and bring in illegals to replace us in the workplace so it's not really my people that support him blindly.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:20 PM

259 posts, read 232,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
OP, you are correct that blacks are the ones most affected from illegal immigration, but don't expect blacks in large numbers to vote for the GOP any time soon. Obama can come out and say that he hates black people with a passion and they'll still vote for him. That or they'll stay home, they won't vote for a Republican unless 50% of GOP politicians are black
I have to agree with the original poster. Low income and working class black people will be the most impacted, because illegal immigrants will now be able to compete directly with them for low wage positions in the service industry. Low income whites will also be impacted, but again, I believe low blacks will mostly suffer.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:51 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,263,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2Isaac View Post
Why is Obama only supposed to support blacks? Isn't the chief commanding officer (aka president) supposed to be a voice for everyone regardless of nationality or heritage? We all came here as immigrants to begin with anyhow minus the Native Americans.
Actually, Obama seems to just only be supporting and being the voice for Hispanics. No, most of us were born here so that makes us Americans, not immigrants.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:10 PM

5,096 posts, read 7,334,529 times
With that immunity, are they also being given citizenship?

Old 06-16-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
With that immunity, are they also being given citizenship?
Yes -- they are being given legal status and from there all they have to is apply for US citizenship. Not that US citizenship will gain them much more than they're already being given but they can get it if they want it.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:01 PM

20,058 posts, read 8,234,419 times
Quote:
Good article -- the problem with allowing your group to be taken for granted. Obama doesn't expect he has to do a single thing for the black Americans. Give their jobs away. Too bad black youth can't be given work visas to work in this country.

Obama Immigration | Breaking News for Black America

African Americans represent the demographic that is most supportive of President Obama, yet they are the most devastated by the effects of mass incarceration.

With his announcement on illegal immigration, Obama has effectively granted immunity to nearly 800,000 illegal immigrants who clearly broke the law.
All the while, he is unwilling to seek the release of thousands of men and women who were sentenced under drug laws that even the president knows to be clearly unjust. He made campaign promises to black Americans that he would fight diligently on their behalf to end the war on drugs, but has shown the courage of a toothless ***** cat who’s had his claws removed.

The time for patience with the Obama Administration should be over, and African Americans who’ve deluded themselves into believing that their first Black president loves them need to take a step back and look at reality.
The kids didn't break the law, their parents did by bringing them here. So deport the parents. The kids, however, consider themselves Americans because that's all they know. And these kids want to go to college and be engineers and doctors because they are grateful to be here.
My attitude is to concentrate on illegals who break the law not the ones who abide by it.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:24 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,263,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The kids didn't break the law, their parents did by bringing them here. So deport the parents. The kids, however, consider themselves Americans because that's all they know. And these kids want to go to college and be engineers and doctors because they are grateful to be here.
My attitude is to concentrate on illegals who break the law not the ones who abide by it.
No deal! Allowing the kids to remain here IS rewarding the parents. The parents will never be deported because of the cries of the splitting up of famlies.

Kids adapt. They can go back to their homelands with their parents and use the education we gave them to improve their own countries. They have been taught the culture and language of their homelands by their parents so it is no big deal. They probably even have extended family in their homelands. If you think that many or even most of these so-called kids up to age 30 haven't broken the law then you aren't dealing in reality. Many of them have been working already with fake or stolen ID's and that is a felony! We don't need them here competing for American blue collared or white collared jobs. There are millions of Americans out of work right now. All this amnesty will do is encourage more parents to bring their kids here illegally and wait for the next amnesty.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:25 PM

10,963 posts, read 7,847,042 times
Quote:
Good article -- the problem with allowing your group to be taken for granted. Obama doesn't expect he has to do a single thing for the black Americans. Give their jobs away. Too bad black youth can't be given work visas to work in this country.

Obama Immigration | Breaking News for Black America

African Americans represent the demographic that is most supportive of President Obama, yet they are the most devastated by the effects of mass incarceration.

With his announcement on illegal immigration, Obama has effectively granted immunity to nearly 800,000 illegal immigrants who clearly broke the law. All the while, he is unwilling to seek the release of thousands of men and women who were sentenced under drug laws that even the president knows to be clearly unjust. He made campaign promises to black Americans that he would fight diligently on their behalf to end the war on drugs, but has shown the courage of a toothless ***** cat who’s had his claws removed.

The time for patience with the Obama Administration should be over, and African Americans who’ve deluded themselves into believing that their first Black president loves them need to take a step back and look at reality.

I love the divide and conquer strategy the conservatives are TRYING to employ here.

I can always tell what a conservative is most afraid of by what they post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or