U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 08:03 AM

18,563 posts, read 15,816,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
You don't have a clue do you. Liberals hate the unemployed? You got it backwards. Posters like you just don't like the dark folk. As a right-winger you value corporate profit very highly, this partly defines the present-day Right. Therefore, like I said, conservative corporations love the dirt cheap labor because the illegal is more obedient- get it? The illegal lives in fear of being exposed and deported, and companies know it. Repubs historically do nothing about illegal aliens except complain. Guess why?
Here's an idea - let's perp-walk people who hire them.
Here are some of your right-wing business heroes.
WeHireAliens.com--Illegal Alien Employer Database brought to you by the FIRE Coalition
Which is why I don't understand when the Left became so enamored with illegals and mass immigration in general. Historically the Left has been pretty negative towards immigration since it threatens one of their core constituencies, unions.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I hope the unemployed emerge as this year's swing group and remember the 800,000 when they vote.
I hope so too then finally this pandering to illegals would be put to bed, just don't bank on the black unemployed to be part of this swing group.

None of the Black liberal posters on here have even bothered to address the article or the issue just attack the OP.

I really do feel bad for black young people they simply have no one in their corner.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:08 AM

6,131 posts, read 6,257,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
The only racists are those such as yourself who froth at the mouth and scream racist at anyone who dares criticize or disagree with the One.
BINGO!!!

Old 06-17-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I think it's a slap in the face for you to assume that drugs and prisons are the main concern for most Blacks.

Stereotype much? Let me guess, some of your best friends are Black??
He quoted the article wrong. Those aren't his words but the opinion from the article written by a BLACK author, a BLACK Liberal author to boot.

Is it possible for you Leftists to actually debate an issue without worrying about the motivations of the person posting it?

I would like someone to tell me how American young people, in particular black young people, will benefit from 800K illegals being given work permits overnight.

That's all can you do that?

Old 06-17-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
With that immunity, are they also being given citizenship?
No supposedly they are just getting work permits for two years but they'll never be deported. I mean there our "temporary" immigrants from Central America as a result of hurricanes nearly 15 years ago. Their visas just keep getting renewed and renewed and renewed. Many immigrants aren't concerned with citizenship, that's why I always get a chuckle when folks like Obama seem to make it out to be a big deal. He'll say since it has no path to citizenship it's not an amnesty! Which is completely disingenuous.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:16 AM

22,243 posts, read 14,767,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Good article -- the problem with allowing your group to be taken for granted. Obama doesn't expect he has to do a single thing for the black Americans. Give their jobs away. Too bad black youth can't be given work visas to work in this country.

Obama Immigration | Breaking News for Black America

African Americans represent the demographic that is most supportive of President Obama, yet they are the most devastated by the effects of mass incarceration.

With his announcement on illegal immigration, Obama has effectively granted immunity to nearly 800,000 illegal immigrants who clearly broke the law. All the while, he is unwilling to seek the release of thousands of men and women who were sentenced under drug laws that even the president knows to be clearly unjust. He made campaign promises to black Americans that he would fight diligently on their behalf to end the war on drugs, but has shown the courage of a toothless ***** cat who’s had his claws removed.

The time for patience with the Obama Administration should be over, and African Americans who’ve deluded themselves into believing that their first Black president loves them need to take a step back and look at reality.
Very apt Simplistic view to be sure.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:18 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,251,857 times
As I said,the love affair blacks have for hispanics is kind of strange.

When have hispanics stood behind black causes and agendas?
I will be waiting.

The black posters on here and what I hear on the streets isn't matching up. Most actually agree with the OP.
I think the posters on here are either super liberal or really pro Obama.
Obama is ok but he is very wrong for this.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I love the divide and conquer strategy the conservatives are TRYING to employ here.

I can always tell what a conservative is most afraid of by what they post.
That would imply that Blacks and Brown are together. That's laughable. I believe the Latinos are beginning to vote out some long term black politicians. Things should becoming very interesting on the Dem plantation as folks fight to get to the big house.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/23/ny...pagewanted=all

Politics of race produce black-Hispanic rift in North Texas | Bob Ray Sanders | Fort Worth, A...

Harlem Faces a Historic Shift - WSJ.com
Quote:
Now, redistricting under way by the state legislature combined with a fast-rising Hispanic population are threatening to overturn that history. There are more Hispanics than blacks in Mr. Rangel's district, raising the prospect that Harlem's roughly 200,000 African-Americans will lose their dominant role in choosing the district's member of Congress.

Similar issues are emerging in several areas around the country, including Southern California, where the growing Hispanic population poses a challenge to three black-held seats.

"It's definitely becoming harder across the country to create as many majority African-American districts as were created in the 1990s and 2000s, and if you really can't create a majority African-American district based on Harlem anymore, that's pretty dramatic," said Richard Pildes, a New York University professor whose writing on district lines has been cited by the Supreme Court.
Ho hum let me know how that Brown/Black thing works out for you guys.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
As I said,the love affair blacks have for hispanics is kind of strange.

When have hispanics stood behind black causes and agendas?
I will be waiting.

The black posters on here and what I hear on the streets isn't matching up. Most actually agree with the OP.
I think the posters on here are either super liberal or really pro Obama.
Obama is ok but he is very wrong for this.
Yeah I think the Black Leftist posters on here aren't representative at all. In Maryland we started a petition to overturn a law that would give illegals in state tuition. Black talk radio was abuzz in denouncing the law and I know many Blacks signed the petition to get the law put on the ballot. Should be voted down in November.

I think the Black Leftist posters secretly agree but don't want to appear to be agreeing with their nemesis, white conservative posters, that's most important to them.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:25 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,251,857 times
It can actually be argued hispanics have more in common with whites than blacks.
I have never heard or saw any hispanics who tried to emulate blacks, be it positive or negative.

Where were all the hispanics when there marches for Civil rights act?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or