Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 11:47 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obama's announcement is an affront to every US citizen, regardless of color or ethnicity, who values the US Constitution and the limited powers of each branch of office. Yesterday the POTUS usurped power while ignoring the laws he and the federal agencies are bound to uphold.
And Romney came out and condemned it...wait, that never happened.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:48 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Good article -- the problem with allowing your group to be taken for granted. Obama doesn't expect he has to do a single thing for the black Americans. Give their jobs away. Too bad black youth can't be given work visas to work in this country.

Obama Immigration | Breaking News for Black America

African Americans represent the demographic that is most supportive of President Obama, yet they are the most devastated by the effects of mass incarceration.

With his announcement on illegal immigration, Obama has effectively granted immunity to nearly 800,000 illegal immigrants who clearly broke the law. All the while, he is unwilling to seek the release of thousands of men and women who were sentenced under drug laws that even the president knows to be clearly unjust. He made campaign promises to black Americans that he would fight diligently on their behalf to end the war on drugs, but has shown the courage of a toothless ***** cat who’s had his claws removed.

The time for patience with the Obama Administration should be over, and African Americans who’ve deluded themselves into believing that their first Black president loves them need to take a step back and look at reality.
Conservative employers love the dirt-cheap labor. Who are you kidding with this long inane post?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:49 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,696 times
Quote:
Black youth has the highest unemployment of any group. Where are the work visas for the loyal black voters of Obama? Or do you admit they are simply chumps. He's really done nothing for Americans of any kind but especially has done nothing at all for black Americans.

Imagine -- with such chronic high unemployment rates for Americans, Obama can only come up with yet another work visa to lovingly dole out to his beloved illegals. Giving away American jobs for some votes he expects to win by this in November.
At the end of the day while Black youth have the highest unemployment rate of any group, White Americans have lost their jobs (by the millions) run out of unemployment and continue to lose their homes. At the end of the day the race issue needs to die. Americans of all races on many fronts are suffering. Keep in mind plenty of White people voted for Obama as well, to put the onus of getting him in and out of office based on the Black vote is ludicris at best, delusional at worst.

I work with plenty of White liberals who love Obama and have stated to me on many occasions that they plan to vote for him again.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Conservative employers love the dirt-cheap labor. Who are you kidding with this long inane post?
Another liberal that says to hell with the American unemployed.....

Youth Unemployment: More Than Seven In 10 US Teens Jobless In Summer

By race and income, blacks, Hispanics and teens in lower-income families were least likely to be employed in summer jobs. The figure was 14 percent for African-American teens when their family income was less than $40,000 a year, compared to 44 percent of white teens with family income of $100,000-$150,000. Hispanics in families making less than $40,000 also faced difficulties (19 percent employed), while middle-class black teens with family income of $75,000-$100,000 did moderately better, at 28 percent employed.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:51 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
I do find it real sad so many of our "Black" posters here on CDF don't care about other Blacks who can't find work cause of the millions of illegal aliens in the US.

I have a huge problem with illegal aliens too and I ain't Black.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
At the end of the day while Black youth have the highest unemployment rate of any group, White Americans have lost their jobs (by the millions) run out of unemployment and continue to lose their homes. At the end of the day the race issue needs to die. Americans of all races on many fronts are suffering. Keep in mind plenty of White people voted for Obama as well, to put the onus of getting him in and out of office based on the Black vote is ludicris at best, delusional at worst.

I work with plenty of White liberals who love Obama and have stated to me on many occasions that they plan to vote for him again.
I know Americans should come together but the hispanics don't apparently mind that their unemployment rates are actually quite high and they're simply celebrating with great glee that their "ethnicity" has won yet again.

But there's a problem with disadvantaged black youth are employed at only 14%, white youth is also struggling but not nearly as much.

I'm a "pick yourself up by the bootstraps" type -- but when Obama has cut off those bootstraps, now what for these people who are struggling?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I do find it real sad so many of our "Black" posters here on CDF don't care about other Blacks who can't find work cause of the millions of illegal aliens in the US.

I have a huge problem with illegal aliens too and I ain't Black.
Do you also have a huge problem with the number of Jobs big business exports to Mexico each year?

Old 06-16-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Do you also have a huge problem with the number of Jobs big business exports to Mexico each year?
Hey -- didn't Bill Clinton PROMISE that NAFTA would help keep the Mexicans home by supplying them good jobs in their own country? Man!!!! Did he ever get the last laugh on that one.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
they did it to HR OPM and HR K12. leap frog laws. giving cuts in line to dead beats behind on student loans to be teachers, and hiring afhganistan vet spouses first for any fed jobs. giving of citizenship to illegals that came here as kids. all of these special laws designed to walk all over the agencies created to ensure fair employment and fair immigration policy.
these things hurt alot of us but buy alota votes

Old 06-16-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Hey -- didn't Bill Clinton PROMISE that NAFTA would help keep the Mexicans home by supplying them good jobs in their own country? Man!!!! Did he ever get the last laugh on that one.
What is your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration