Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 10:08 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,026,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
wait for whites to "fix the problem", and see where it gets you.

if you don't understand the consequences of having too many workers with too few jobs and too low wages, i don't know what to tell you. You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the results of having ignored reality.

you can watch the social programs disappear, and say "the whites should have done something" afterwards-but that is not a plan.

there is a president in office who has the power to get things done, but chooses not to-don't you even wonder about that?

on a side note, what is up with criticizing people who have any jobs in this pathetic economy? at least some people are out there trying to contribute!
Don't worry. Waiting for whites to "fix the problem" is exactly what i'm going to do. Secondly, i don't need any social programs, so i don't know why you're telling me that nonsense. What social program am i on?

Whites brought over the brown hordes for the cheap labor, not blacks. And now it's those whites that want the brown hordes gone after inviting them here in the first place. CLEAN IT UP YOURSELVES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I didn't care because I knew nothing about Politics. I couldn't name the vice president. I was one of those people Jay Leno interviews in the streets and shows a picture of a Politician and one a celebrity and the person only can name you the celebrity, never the politician or historical figure.

After waking up and reading about what Bush did, I don't know how he was able to get away with things he did...Just as I don't know how this administration is able to do the same.

We have immigration laws and the job of the President is to uphold them. The President MUST uphold our laws. Article 2, Section 3 of the Constitution states so.
Amazing about your timing to get politically active. Perfect timing. You didn't know anything about politics then, but you know all about it now. Wonder why that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Many blacks like Cornel West and Tavis Smiley talk about Obama's policies all the time and how It hasn't helped the black community. For some reason,no matter what he does, a large number of blacks will still support him,even if it means that's his policies are harmful to them.

Black unemployment and poverty are high,but hey, at least the president is black.(their way of thinking)
Idiots.
Worry about your own vote. Did you fight for black voting rights? If not, nevermind who we vote for. That's our business. Just worry about the only thing you can control....your vote.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:13 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,347,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Don't worry. Waiting for whites to "fix the problem" is exactly what i'm going to do. Secondly, i don't need any social programs, so i don't know why you're telling me that nonsense. What social program am i on?

Whites brought over the brown hordes for the cheap labor, not blacks. And now it's those whites that want the brown hordes gone after inviting them here in the first place. CLEAN IT UP YOURSELVES.

Amazing about your timing to get politically active. Perfect timing. You didn't know anything about politics then, but you know all about it now. Wonder why that is.

Worry about your own vote. Did you fight for black voting rights? If not, nevermind who we vote for. That's our business. Just worry about the only thing you can control....your vote.
I think Jersey girl is Black. Why do you assume everyone who has a counter viewpoint to yours is not Black?

Old 06-17-2012, 10:13 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,772,385 times
A rich lawyer from Chicago is not black...nor is he loyal to those that are black. This is his worst sin- that he led the black voters to believe that he cared about them- Obama is just like a 1970s feminist lawyer who as an activist woman- gets promoted to judge- and with the new position comes more money and more status- The feminist Judge is now transformed from a woman to a man who says to hell with her sisters.....Like a guy getting out of jail---- The other prisoners call out to hiim and say "call my mother for me" - go see if my son is okay" and so forth..........The freed prisoner makes the promises- but the second they are outside the prison walls they forget all those inside-INSTANTLY.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:15 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,347,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Reagan awarded 3 million Mexicans Amnesty during the 1980s. Letting 800,000 College students to stay in the US who are illegal and were brought here by their parents through no fault of their own is the right thing to do.
Finally someone from the other side addresses the issue somewhat. During Reagan's amnesty we were told it would be the last time yet we now have 11 million more illegals, minimum. So after this next amnesty will have to do another one in a few years for what 30 million illegals? When does it end?

These kids shouldn't be punished for their parents' violation of our laws nor should they benefit IMHO.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:07 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,474,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I think it's political pandering at it's finest and it doesn't make an ounce of sense other than rallying up voter support. There's just so many questions left unanswered on this move of his. Oddly enough it seems as if this shuts out anyone over the age of 30 who would otherwise fit the criteria. I mean, what about them? Are they any less "American" simply due to a year's difference? Where exactly was he going with this speech? Sometimes it's the things that he doesn't say that speaks volumes.
Maybe he figures that all those over age 31 were taken care of in the last huge amnesty and so don't need this one. Certainly no 50 year old illegal could really explain why he was brought in by his parents as a 4 year old but failed to cash in on that other amnesty.

It's weird because before he was elected he talked about letting illegals get in line behind those aready in line -- but he's just moved at least 800,000 illegals to the front of the line, ahead of all those would-be legal immigrants who have been trying to get a work visa. They can forget it now.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:34 AM

4,865 posts, read 5,658,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Reagan awarded 3 million Mexicans Amnesty during the 1980s. Letting 800,000 College students to stay in the US who are illegal and were brought here by their parents through no fault of their own is the right thing to do.
And you really believe it is only 800.000?

These are the same people who have said we only have 12 million illegal aliens in this country.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:38 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,328,196 times
Quote:
Secondly, i don't need any social programs, so i don't know why you're telling me that nonsense. What social program am i on?

Got homestead exemption?

Old 06-17-2012, 11:50 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,800,909 times
Default Content of character matters, MLK knew this...

Quote:

What exactly does this have to do with Obama's disregard for the rule of law when he doesn't want to follow it or his actions on Friday?

Such a sad statement that you look at everything in terms of skin color. Congratulations for being suckered into the never ending game of divisive race politics. You play into the hands of the elites for as long as we remain divided the problems of who control the money and this country will never focused upon. (clue: central banks rule regardless of elections and Obama is just another puppet)

Old 06-17-2012, 11:59 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,982,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Maybe he figures that all those over age 31 were taken care of in the last huge amnesty and so don't need this one. Certainly no 50 year old illegal could really explain why he was brought in by his parents as a 4 year old but failed to cash in on that other amnesty.

It's weird because before he was elected he talked about letting illegals get in line behind those aready in line -- but he's just moved at least 800,000 illegals to the front of the line, ahead of all those would-be legal immigrants who have been trying to get a work visa. They can forget it now.
Funny enough, if one were to question him on this, he would claimed that he "evolved" just as he did with the same sex marriage issue. His base would also find his answer acceptable, but would condemn Romney for "flip flopping"if he took a similar stance.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:42 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,540,183 times
Hm. So apparently, people are still pretending that republicans want to lower unemployment, even though they've actively worked to kick public workers out of jobs. And they're still pretending that republicans have a basic respect for black people, despite the decades of them calling black people stupid and lazy.

Huh. You guys really do think we black folks are stupid, don't you? And yet, you find it impossible to figure out why we refuse to vote for you. Hasn't ever crossed your mind that we aren't as stupid as you love to claim we are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration