U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 09:33 AM

27,822 posts, read 37,862,795 times

Advertisements

We paid thousands to educate these young people in our elementary and high schools. The ones being given temporary stays are high school grads and college educated which is more than many of the racist morons on this forum have going for them. Some will have served in our armed forces, a sacrifice not shared by Mr. Romney or his neocon advisors. It is just common sense that they stay and contribute now.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:33 AM

10,395 posts, read 8,349,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
I can't believe this isn't being discussed!!

Who does this guy think he is!! Does the Constitution not apply to him??

He can't get the Dream Act through Congress so he decides to just "do it"? Wow!!! This would have been SO convenient to EVERY previous administration!!!

News to Obama!! That's what the founders intended!! You're not KING!!!

Obama's move on immigration is an unconstitutional disaster for the unemployed | Fox News
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke) Besides it gets him more votes.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:39 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We paid thousands to educate these young people in our elementary and high schools. The ones being given temporary stays are high school grads and college educated which is more than many of the racist morons on this forum have going for them. Some will have served in our armed forces, a sacrifice not shared by Mr. Romney or his neocon advisors. It is just common sense that they stay and contribute now.
Racist morons? Since when is being an illegal alien a race? They are damned lucky they received an education on our dime. Time to go home and use it to benefit their own countries. We don't need anymore competition for jobs here. That isn't common sense.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:54 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,455,105 times
The issue I have with everything to do with immigration issues....is that it seems to be culturally biased....towards a dominant culture....this new platform will help many of the Haitian youth I worked with....but it seems to me like so many things are skewed and biased towards one culture....and I wonder if this will be applied fairly? Or will there be a "separate" set of rules applied to those who don't speak Spanish? I have seen it happen over and over....a Haitian student with limited English is placed in an ESL class....for students who speak English as a Second language...I go in the classroom....and the teacher is speaking Spanish! What?! Haitian kids don't speak Spanish! Why was this teacher speaking Spanish in a classroom for kids with limited English? Drives me crazy.

I doubt this will really be applied fairly.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:14 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,647,268 times
Quote:
I was waiting to see how long it was going to take for someone to pull the race card. Racist morons? Ha Ha Ha. You mean the people who actually want to keep this country from being overrun with criminals who have no regards for our laws?

Is the name calling the best you can do?

We have laws in this country. We can't enforce the ones we find convenient and forget about the rest.

I want all illegal aliens gone, including the ones from Brazil who turned my home state of MA into trash.

Oops I guess that makes me a racist too! Or would that be "intolerant" since Brazilian is not a race but a nationality? Oh wait, I am Brazilian. Damn!

Try again.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:19 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,583,040 times
All I know is that I'm scared ...

Old 06-16-2012, 09:24 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,583,040 times
Quote:
We don't want them serving in our armed forces if they are only doing it to get citizenship. Can't you see how this is wrong for legal people? For those of us who were born here? You are whining and crying for illegal immigrants, but where is your defense for legal people?

It is not common sense that they stay. It benefits them and puts a disadvantage on everyone else.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:25 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Quote:
You forgot GED because that counts too.

A 30 year old with a GED will be able to get an indefinite work visa.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:41 PM

21,433 posts, read 18,150,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I was waiting to see how long it was going to take for someone to pull the race card. Racist morons? Ha Ha Ha. You mean the people who actually want to keep this country from being overrun with criminals who have no regards for our laws?

Is the name calling the best you can do?

We have laws in this country. We can't enforce the ones we find convenient and forget about the rest.

I want all illegal aliens gone, including the ones from Brazil who turned my home state of MA into trash.

Oops I guess that makes me a racist too! Or would that be "intolerant" since Brazilian is not a race but a nationality? Oh wait, I am Brazilian. Damn!

Try again.
That would be nice, KAAC. Two of my former co-workers were deported recently....from Brazil. One was a manager!!! Where were you from here?

Old 06-16-2012, 10:22 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,647,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That would be nice, KAAC. Two of my former co-workers were deported recently....from Brazil. One was a manager!!! Where were you from here?
I was born in Framingham and lived in Marlborough and Lowell also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration