U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 04:25 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Care to explain how a child who was brought here illegaly is breaking the law? Their parents broke the law not them! These kids played by the rules so why should they be punished?

As for "KING OBAMA"? why not? can we give him a nice hat and a cape?

It is rewarding the parents for bringing their kids here illegally. These kids played by the rules? What does that mean? What rules did they play by? I am sure many of them are already breaking the law by working here illegally and with fake or stolen documents. That is a felony!

Old 06-17-2012, 04:38 PM

22,583 posts, read 11,766,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Kings have a way of being overthrown. His days are numbered. His proclamations from his "castle" are as nonsesical and out of touch with US citizens as the words of the ill fated Marie Antoinette..."If those people are crying for bread, why don't they just eat cake?"

Why indeed...this action shows how out of touch you are with the folks who live in the US. The legal ones, that is....
Oops, sorry.

The "historian" in me can't let that untruth pass. Marie Antoinette never said that. Never. The expression "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" was never uttered by the Austrian-born Marie Antoinette' who was very concerned and sympathetic to the plight of the poor.

The expression possibly originated with with a Spanish Countess who lived decades before Marie, or the Princess of Tuscany, or some other lady.

Besides, Mitt Romney the multi-millionaire and obedient lap-dog of the multi-national corporations who causes ordinary people to lose their jobs while living in opulent splendor does not strike me as someone who is in touch with ordinary US citizens.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:43 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Oops, sorry.

The "historian" in me can't let that untruth pass. Marie Antoinette never said that. Never. The expression "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" was never uttered by the Austrian-born Marie Antoinette' who was very concerned and sympathetic to the plight of the poor.

The expression possibly originated with with a Spanish Countess who lived decades before Marie, or the Princess of Tuscany, or some other lady.

Besides, Mitt Romney the multi-millionaire and obedient lap-dog of the multi-national corporations who causes ordinary people to lose their jobs while living in opulent splendor does not strike me as someone who is in touch with ordinary US citizens.
Perhaps you should bone up on Romney instead of believing what the liberal left tells you.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:57 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Care to explain how a child who was brought here illegaly is breaking the law? Their parents broke the law not them! These kids played by the rules so why should they be punished?

The poor little innocent "child" might apply to only the first two years of Obama's group -- the 16 and 17 year olds. The 18 through 30 year old illegal is not a child. And they are not playing by the rules.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:15 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Without a doubt. It's a fairly brilliant move. The only people really p-d off by this are mostly GOP voters. Thus, he likely gains more votes through this move than he loses.
Many Dems are mad too. Not all Dems and or even "libs" like illegal aliens.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We paid thousands to educate these young people in our elementary and high schools. The ones being given temporary stays are high school grads and college educated which is more than many of the racist morons on this forum have going for them. Some will have served in our armed forces, a sacrifice not shared by Mr. Romney or his neocon advisors. It is just common sense that they stay and contribute now.
Uh; a person CAN'T serve in the military here if here illegally. Sheesh! If that illegal tries and sneaks in; he'd be court marshaled then deported.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
All I know is that I'm scared ...
I'm worried too. Tho this may blow up on Obama big time like impeachment.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:

Those Dream act kids need to cuss out their illegal alien parents; NOT us Americans for wanting to deport them. Word is Mexico ain't that bad; it's not like they'd be killed cause they lived in the US. Those kids were born in Mexico so they're citizens of there. Sheesh!

I said "Mexican" cause most illegal aliens are from Mexico.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:22 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:

If the child is over 18 years old and 181 days, he/she is in violation of immigration laws on there own and no longer fall under the jurisdiction of their parents.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:23 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Talk about blind ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration