Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 10:23 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
"King" Obama is Pandering. He must be very worried that he will not be "King," for another term. Thank God we have term limits.
Pandering? I remember when good policy used to be considered good politics. Times have changed, huh?

Old 06-17-2012, 10:37 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Pandering? I remember when good policy used to be considered good politics. Times have changed, huh?
Good policy is in the eye of the beholder. Not everyone marches to the same beat and follows the same politics.
Globalists like you see this as good policy. Others that don't agree with rewarding illegals the right to stay here and work don't.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:00 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Good policy is in the eye of the beholder. Not everyone marches to the same beat and follows the same politics.
Globalists like you see this as good policy. Others that don't agree with rewarding illegals the right to stay here and work don't.
Centrists like me see it as good policy.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Quote:

I think the people of The United States should SUE Obummer.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:29 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
Quote:
Good policy?? Its always been policy, DHS has had this ability since its conception. Obama simply came out with this like he owns it, except he doesn't, as these persons must still apply for deferred action (which they can't do unless they are in removal proceedings) and then they must apply for work authorization (again, which they can not do unless they are in removal proceedings).

Old 06-17-2012, 12:12 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The issue I have with everything to do with immigration issues....is that it seems to be culturally biased....towards a dominant culture....this new platform will help many of the Haitian youth I worked with....but it seems to me like so many things are skewed and biased towards one culture....and I wonder if this will be applied fairly? Or will there be a "separate" set of rules applied to those who don't speak Spanish? I have seen it happen over and over....a Haitian student with limited English is placed in an ESL class....for students who speak English as a Second language...I go in the classroom....and the teacher is speaking Spanish! What?! Haitian kids don't speak Spanish! Why was this teacher speaking Spanish in a classroom for kids with limited English? Drives me crazy.

I doubt this will really be applied fairly.
I k now most don't care where the illegal is from just that they are illegal and breaking the law, taking jobs, costing taxpayers money that could be used for American legal citizens, Sending Billlions home mainly to Mexico that is money leaving our country and do you possibly think that is part of what is hurting us right now? 26Billion went to Mexico last year

Old 06-17-2012, 01:54 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Kings have a way of being overthrown. His days are numbered. His proclamations from his "castle" are as nonsesical and out of touch with US citizens as the words of the ill fated Marie Antoinette..."If those people are crying for bread, why don't they just eat cake?"

Why indeed...this action shows how out of touch you are with the folks who live in the US. The legal ones, that is....

Old 06-17-2012, 01:55 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Quote:
"Centrists like me"? Hahahaha!

You must be joking!

Old 06-17-2012, 03:35 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
What "good" policy? The only good policies are those that affect Americans postively. This sure isn't it.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:52 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I k now most don't care where the illegal is from just that they are illegal and breaking the law, taking jobs, costing taxpayers money that could be used for American legal citizens, Sending Billlions home mainly to Mexico that is money leaving our country and do you possibly think that is part of what is hurting us right now? 26Billion went to Mexico last year
Care to explain how a child who was brought here illegaly is breaking the law? Their parents broke the law not them! These kids played by the rules so why should they be punished?

As for "KING OBAMA"? why not? can we give him a nice hat and a cape?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration