Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 10:26 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

So, do we count this instant 1 mill in the unemployed numbers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 10:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, do we count this instant 1 mill in the unemployed numbers?
Pew Hispanic center estimates 1.5+ million.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:45 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No because Americans have short memories that is why he did it now. 3 weeks from now it will be a non-issue. Add to this party hardliners that would vote vor Satan himself if that who their party was running.
Then you have those who vote for the promise of the give away.
Then those who vote because they think Obama is one of them. He cares about blue collar. Not likely.
Not really. That is what congress and Bush thought on the last immagration bill until their e-mails and phone liteup. No one really has forgotten that they ignored the border sealing part of the last anesty and now this juts infalmes the issue more by going around congress.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:49 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Romney afraid to "Face the Nation" ...

The Associated Press: Romney won't say he'll overturn immigration order

Old 06-17-2012, 10:58 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Of sourse he not goig to issue that staement. he said he favors goigthru congress on immagration reform altho no one will get a bill thru now. Its not losss what happened last time on any congressamn or president.He is goig to say he favors legal action everytime and let Obam anwser the questions for his action. Smart politics.For other than the 800 K this means their status stays the same with more pressure to deport really.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:54 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
To certain extent I have to agree with you regarding the short term memory crowd. But, I have a feeling that those who that are accustomed to working and having a roof over their heads will come out in droves to vote against Obama.
I still think though, that yes he has drove away many voters he gained much much more. The only purpose for this was to get the hispanic vote, and I still think he gained more than he lost.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:18 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
I still think though, that yes he has drove away many voters he gained much much more. The only purpose for this was to get the hispanic vote, and I still think he gained more than he lost.
I agree with you as well. As I don't trust either part and feel that they are both are panderers cut from the same cloth, at the end of the day I will hold my nose and vote for Romney.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:21 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Well let's be objective about the issue. (fat chance ) The immigration situation has needed a solution for many years and many administrations. The big problem why it couldn't move through congress was it's a very complex issue with 12 million moving parts. Very hard to get a handle on it all at once and find consensus. Bush tried it and failed. McCain tried it and failed and so did Obama. The order he passed just deals with one small segment of the problem. Admittedly, it was a brilliant strategic politial move on Obama's part. It doesn't solve the whole problem but it does demonstrate compassion for latinos and locks up the latino vote for Obama and other democrats running in local elections.
Remember the saying, "politics is a dirty, back alley, gloves off, brawl. And then there's the ugly side of it."

Old 06-17-2012, 01:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
In light of the fact that they cannot keep up with the volume of immigration applications already in play, it will be interesting to see how they plan to process the alleged 800,000 (which we both know will turn into 2 million plus) DREAMie applications. In an effort to save money, the government is in the process of buying out employees, closing regional offices and dumping out of control workloads on the remaining employees, which of course is counterproductive. I wonder where they are going to find the money to hire the hundreds of new DHS employees to process all of these people who of course will have all kinds of fraudlent documents and identities.
This is simply a recipe for fraud. There will be fake GED schools, school records for sale it's going to be a nightmare.

Hopefully Romney will win and reverse the order.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
One can only hope -- millions of already discouraged unemployed Americans have just seen Obama toss any hope of a job away. And only the naive would believe there are only 800,000 illegals age 16-30 living here, and with any amnesty, there is great fraud. All an illegal has to do is make a claim, they are undocumented so that's all they can do.

Expect to see a whole lot of 29 and 30 year old illegals that look more like age 35 or 40 or even 50. Very easy to get a date on a birth certificate changed.
However, malamute; you did mention the naive. Do you know how much of the population is that very thing NAIVE, but they don't see themsmelves this way.

I had a democrat friend over the other day, he knew for crying out loud, what Obama's reasoning was he said all about this election and the votes, he said this really sucks, for so many Americans and our young teens, who cannot find a job. Now this. He is mexican, believe it or not. Has his own business, is doing so well, was born in the Country, American at heart to me, and has a problem with this. Those very people who cannot be brainwashed so easily, don't care what race they are, will be able to see thru this.

He does not like the fact, that hispanics are being used, for political reasoning, the votes, but was very honest in the fact, that so many even in his own family, who liked this new idea, are at odds with my friend. This decision has diivided some of my hispanic friends, they are not all welcoming of this idea, and so many are so ready for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration