Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 06:16 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The working class began taking hits long before illegal immigration became a front-page issue, and continues to suffer mostly for reasons unrelated to it. The current economic situation had absolutely nothing to do with immigration, legal or otherwise.
Very true. The construction industry is one that has been decimated by illegals. But to blame all this nations woe's on immigration legal or illegal is short sighted at best and delusional at worst.
The woe's of this nation begin and end with the out of control waste spending by the fed. 12 carrier battle groups costing 10's of billions to maintain. Imagine if we reduced the fleet by 1/3 what could be saved.
Look at the waste in ear marks and yet some would focus on immigration. Now I am all for eliminating all waste but do you focus on the dripping sink or the house is on fire?

Old 06-18-2012, 06:20 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Illegal immigration has been a major problem for 30-plus years in the US.

I could retire in Mexico, live in a nice rental (because we aren't allowed to purchase real estate) with a maid for less than $1,500 a month... Which is probably what I am going to do before Mexico is annexed to California.

Mexico has a strong middle class, something we no longer have in the states. I wonder how complex Mexico's immigration laws are for US citizens who want to retire there?
Not bad, as long as you have money. But if your poor or from Guatama or from any country south of Mexico you do not have the rights an Illegal has here.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/v...ory.asp?id=461

And maybe Mexico's President should look at his own countries immigaration policy before talking about ours.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/18/politics/immigration/index.html

Last edited by LS Jaun; 06-18-2012 at 06:29 PM..

Old 06-18-2012, 06:45 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Illegal immigration has been a major problem for 30-plus years in the US.

I could retire in Mexico, live in a nice rental (because we aren't allowed to purchase real estate) with a maid for less than $1,500 a month... Which is probably what I am going to do before Mexico is annexed to California.

Mexico has a strong middle class, something we no longer have in the states. I wonder how complex Mexico's immigration laws are for US citizens who want to retire there?
They're actually easier to deal with in my experience.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:32 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The people that come to work and have a good life are not the enemy- The enemy are drug cartels and their private armies that look to the north as a feeding ground for evil- Governments should concentrate and wage war on these bastards instead of avoiding the real issue and picking on the guy that waters your flowers and cuts your lawn.

The real monsters have to be exterminated- stop picking on some poor Mexican and his kids who want to escape evil.....Full force must be used to push back the jerks trying to turn America into a hell hole with more dope and more violence- that is the enemy.

Oddly there is no political will to use the military to protect the southern boarder....There have always been migratory illegals- yes there are more of them..but they always existed...BUT crazed and greedy drug gangs did not exist with such force and threat as they do now. Do you really want folks on your turf or close to it- who cut off heads and melt human beings in barrels of acid? This should be the focus of your hate.
Sorry, but those you portray as innocent little gardners, etc. are here in violation of our immigration laws and they are stealing jobs and benefits from Americans. They are just as guilty as the employers and our government. They all need to be held accountable. You're little so-called innocents need to be deported as our laws demand.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Yes, they are as much the problem as are illegal immigrants.
The Teaparty members do not dislike a bunch of people. They dislike the fiscal irresponsibility of our government.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
It's an assumption that all illegals do that, only 25% of Hispanics are on welfare and not all Hispanics are illegal (remember we have discussed this before).
I didn't say that all illegals get welfare. Many of the ones that have anchors in our country do however. Do you have a link to your 25% claim? No one including me has said that all Hispanics are illegal either. Are you just making this stuff up as you go along?

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-18-2012 at 08:56 PM..

Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You know, those of us who are screwed over in our daily lives by illegals are the only ones who seem to 'get it.'

Yeah, Condy, you don't know when...because you live in some bubble now and have no contact with these people.

I guess I don't know when murderers and rapists became the enemy...since I never have to deal with them...
Yes she is just another elite who likes her servant class to be dirt cheap.

Does she still think of George Bush as her husband?

Old 06-18-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Not all of those that make up the 25% are illegals or children of illegals. All you are doing is generalizing and stereotyping which could be why some of you are called racist.
If and only if you consider TANF to be the only welfare program. That is the cash handout that is limited to US citizens. Therefore only 25% of hispanics get TANF checks.

However far many more get Medicaid, food stamps, WIC coupons, free meals at schools, Section 8 housing. They get that through their US born children but the children cannot get the free money handout that is TANF.

66% of hispanic births in California are paid with Medicaid. A much higher rate than any other group. Of that 66%, you can pretty much figure that 66% will get food stamps, WIC and other welfare handouts.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Very true. The construction industry is one that has been decimated by illegals. But to blame all this nations woe's on immigration legal or illegal is short sighted at best and delusional at worst.
The woe's of this nation begin and end with the out of control waste spending by the fed. 12 carrier battle groups costing 10's of billions to maintain. Imagine if we reduced the fleet by 1/3 what could be saved.
Look at the waste in ear marks and yet some would focus on immigration. Now I am all for eliminating all waste but do you focus on the dripping sink or the house is on fire?
I believe both out of control wasteful spending and illegal immigration are the houses on fire. They are equally destroying our country.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
It's an assumption that all illegals do that, only 25% of Hispanics are on welfare and not all Hispanics are illegal (remember we have discussed this before).
IPODR - Improved Perinatal Outcome Data Reports

66.2% hispanic births covered by Medicaid. (That is welfare also)

Of that 66.2%, not likely all are illegal aliens, there are likely some citizen hispanics in there -- but almost no illegals are coming over and buying health care insurance, nor are they paying their hospital bills here.

A very large portion of hispanic children live off welfare handouts like food stamps, WIC, free meals at schools and are on Medicaid.

It would be very difficult for millions of illiterate and uneducated people who could not make it in their own country with it's much lower costs of living and where they understand the language to come here and afford the much higher costs of living without the government handouts supplementing the low wages they eagerly accept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration